Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Manchester United

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha

Comments

• United and City have basically switched rolls - who'd a thought it
  • edited August 2014

• Ron Atkinson, all is forgiven.
  • edited August 2014

You started with an 'a' so technically you're saying "aha aha......"

Knowing me DMC aha........knowing you Man U aha......

• Too many Man U fans at work, obviously, to pick on.........
  • Just blown another £60m on an attacking midfielder, need to focus on their defense first...
  • You started with an 'a' so technically you're saying "aha aha......"

Aha, thank you very much, now you can do anything but lay off of my blue suede shoes.
  • Sponsored links:

• For once I wish I was in England.... man watch those plastics run !
  • As someone who is more concerned about British football than laughing at someone for the team they support (and don't worry, anyone that makes fun of me for supporting Charlton is made to look very foolish) I would actually prefer to see united do well.

In recent years the German leagues have really become impressive, for me, I always want the premier league to be the best league on earth and I think man united need yo be up there for that. We need a good 4 horse race every season in my opinion. Having said that I never smile when they win, I just look at the league table and expect them to be up there.

On another note... Van Gaal. He has lost it all in a month. He had the chance to go down as one of the greatest managers in history. He could have won the world cup with the Netherlands and then gone on to properly steady the ship at united and become the next Ferguson. That bubble has burst pretty explosively for the guy.
  • Benatia, Mangala, Luiz all central defenders that have moved this summer, a position Manure are desperately short of, and they've done nothing about it (Rojo and Blind, if he signs, didn't even play CB in the WC)

Ah well, we still have a prominent top 4, this season it reads Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal
  • sam3110 said:

Benatia, Mangala, Luiz all central defenders that have moved this summer, a position Manure are desperately short of, and they've done nothing about it (Rojo and Blind, if he signs, didn't even play CB in the WC)

Ah well, we still have a prominent top 4, this season it reads Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal

I'm astonished they didn't at least go for Vlaar, would have cost 1/3 the price of of Di Maria and improved them much more.
  • edited August 2014
    Stig said:

It is only six weeks ago since all the pundits were falling over themselves to praise Luis van Gall after his 'inspired' substitution to bring on Tim Krul for a penalty shoot out. The tongues of the soccerati were so long and so brown that day that it would be easy to believe that that the Swiss Toni lookalike was actually the new messiah. I hate the media pandering to big name managers and players like that, almost as much as I hate the way that know-nothing plastic school kids choose Man Utd as their team over their local or family team. For these reasons I got a sense of pure unadulterated joy from hearing that the big boys were smashed off the pitch by a pretty ordinary third division side. I don't even like MK Dons, but I'm so glad that they did it.

He's not
    The messiah......

• Huskaris said:

As someone who is more concerned about British football than laughing at someone for the team they support (and don't worry, anyone that makes fun of me for supporting Charlton is made to look very foolish) I would actually prefer to see united do well.

In recent years the German leagues have really become impressive, for me, I always want the premier league to be the best league on earth and I think man united need yo be up there for that. We need a good 4 horse race every season in my opinion. Having said that I never smile when they win, I just look at the league table and expect them to be up there.

On another note... Van Gaal. He has lost it all in a month. He had the chance to go down as one of the greatest managers in history. He could have won the world cup with the Netherlands and then gone on to properly steady the ship at united and become the next Ferguson. That bubble has burst pretty explosively for the guy.

I'm a little confused by your comments. The OP was commenting(?) on Manchester United's defeat by MK Dons last night.

Last time I looked Milton Keynes was in Britain...
  • Huskaris said:

As someone who is more concerned about British football than laughing at someone for the team they support (and don't worry, anyone that makes fun of me for supporting Charlton is made to look very foolish) I would actually prefer to see united do well.

I'm a little confused by your comments. The OP was commenting(?) on Manchester United's defeat by MK Dons last night.

Last time I looked Milton Keynes was in Britain...
    Oh sorry I should clarify. For me, and presumably most people, the key to a good league is one in which the winner isn't a foregone conclusion before it begins. I understand that this wasade right after the league cup defeat but presumably it is more of a laugh at the sorry situation united are in at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just blown another £60m on an attacking midfielder, need to focus on their defense first...

This.

Desperate for round pegs for his round holes and the fella goes and buys a HD,3D,surround sound 80 inch tele ??

• Anyone that is pissed off with people mocking utd need to get a grip, they have monopolised our football since I was a kid and it's good that they finally know what it feels like being the averag supporter.
  • What's sad is that this joy will be very short lived. I suspect that they will come good and just make the Champions League this season and then next season they will be real contenders for the title again.

If only it would last for 20 years!
  • 60m on a forward player when everyone knows defending has been their problem. Smacks of total arrogance by LVG.

• 60m on a forward player when everyone knows defending has been their problem. Smacks of total arrogance by LVG.

Another attacking player is literally the last thing they needed
  • se9addick said:

sam3110 said:

Benatia, Mangala, Luiz all central defenders that have moved this summer, a position Manure are desperately short of, and they've done nothing about it (Rojo and Blind, if he signs, didn't even play CB in the WC)

I'm astonished they didn't at least go for Vlaar, would have cost 1/3 the price of of Di Maria and improved them much more.
    Same, I'm also surprised that they haven't signed Vlaar, he's hardly the best centre back in the league but he's familiar with the manager and would do a job for them.
  • shine166 said:

Anyone that is pissed off with people mocking utd need to get a grip, they have monopolised our football since I was a kid and it's good that they finally know what it feels like being the averag supporter.

The problem is lots of their supporters still don't get it. On social media their reaction is like they didn't actually realise that it's possible to not always succeed, to have some years of nothing. There was a bloke that dialled into 606 on Sunday and said he literally wouldn't even watch the Burnley game on Sunday (that was after their draw with Sunderland, God knows what he'll do after they got hammered by a run of the mill third tier side) because he didn't like what he was seeing. What's that all about ? Pretty soon we're going to figure out who the real United fans are and when that day comes we'll see a lot less of their shirts at Euston station on an early Saturday morning when we're traipsing to some northern hole for one of our away games.
  • We all know we will be swapping places with them next season any way.