Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell to be Huddersfield new boss

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2014
    A real good looking fella, I do love him.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Will be interested to see how this pans out. Can blame Roland for his sacking until you turn blue in the face but we were bottom of the league (albeit with games in hand) and playing terrible football.

I hope he does well, but I don't think he will be the success that many on here think he will be.

I too hope he does well. He has the benefit of three years experience with us and so will be prepared for many of the challenges. As a squad manager with us he held it together brilliantly especially when no funds for renewals appeared. We will see how Huddersfield and CAFC fare in September. And it will be interesting to hear Huddersfield perspective after a month or two.
    Whether he does well, okay or badly I hope the interest in his progress does not turn into a what if debate about last season for us.
  • Options
    I wish him all the best, and it's strange seeing him at Huddersfield and Riga at Blackpool, but it's not the same for me as Lennie at Middlesbrough and Curbs at West Ham...
  • Options
    I want operation pigs opinion...before my 8th vodka shot.
  • Options
    dabos said:

A bitter Wendies fan gives his opinion.
    That season where we got 101 points was really dull.
    Well, i'd better not re-ignite that argument ??!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:

Will be interested to see how this pans out. Can blame Roland for his sacking until you turn blue in the face but we were bottom of the league (albeit with games in hand) and playing terrible football.

I hope he does well, but I don't think he will be the success that many on here think he will be.

That Sheff U game will go down as prob one of the worst performances that i have ever witnessed- clueless.
    I'm not being nasty, but i'm gonna have a monkey on them to go down.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Good luck to Chris and Alex and HTAFC. I hope it's a successful partnership - but not at our expense.
  • Options
    Good Luck Sir Chris!
  • Options
    Usual smooth Mr Powell press interview on SSN

Good Luck Sir.
  • Options

Croydon said:

That Sheff U game will go down as prob one of the worst performances that i have ever witnessed- clueless.
    Think you're being kind to the Northwich Victoria performance there!
  • Options

Croydon said:

Think you're being kind to the Northwich Victoria performance there!
    Went to both, both were shocking. The Sheffield Utd one hurt more (IMO) because of the oportunity of Wembley
  • Options
    Bent on loan to Huddersfield? ;)
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Bent on loan to Huddersfield? ;)

If Darren Bent wants to get his "footballing mojo" back he could do a lot worse. Chris Powell understands him.
  • Options
    Shocking odds for Blackpool for relegation - never known a club to be 6-1 ON at this stage of the season !
    Udd 9/4 second favourites for the drop

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/relegation
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:

I want operation pigs opinion...before my 8th vodka shot.

I'll let you know later when I return from the boozer.

• Options

A bitter Wendies fan gives his opinion.
    A twitter user who epitomises his surname
  • Options
    The old flat cap will go down well In Yorkshire
  • Options
    Hooray
  • Options
    Hudds chairman: “We’ve taken our time over this appointment, as we wanted to give ourselves time to put in the groundwork and ensure we get the right man for the job. We believe we have in Chris".

Coincidently they appoint him the day after the window shuts.......................
  • Options
    ^^^^ terrific interview .. great stuff .. thanks OP
  • Options
    I would be so gutted if he took them to the PL though...