Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Views - Ipswich vs Charlton - December 2014

Comments

• Urgh. Can the season end now?
  • Post match comment? Fuck off!!!!!
  • If any blackburn fans reading this thread be afraid we only played are reserves tonight.the first team were given time off to concentrate on the fa cup .
  • Possession: 43-57
    Shots: 16-15
    (on target): 6-6
    Corners: 16-4

Goals: 3-0
  • Despite not winning for ages, we're still in mid table, what a strange division. Ipswich are a good, well managed team, so no surprise we lost. And looking at the form of Blackpool, Wigan, Millwall and Leeds below us we should easily be safe
  • Sponsored links:

• Four points and just four goals from the last seven matches. Time for the Manager, Players but most of all the Board to stand up and be counted with two or three quality signings in January.
  • we lost with 57% possession, at the beginning of the season we were doing well with less possession and people were moaning, I would rather have less possession and more wins
  • 24 goals scored last season @ 01/01/2014
    24 goals scored this season @ 01/0/2015

Hmmmm...
  • Lots of games left no panic but it is worrying that teams below us are picking up their game. Still think we will finish mid-table regroup for next season and be right in it next season with some new blood.
  • Let's see where we are after the next 10 games.
  • Alright I hate to say this but this is how football has become nowadays. If we don't get a decent result against Blackburn in the Cup, Bob will come under major scrutiny. Can't do much about RD I'm afraid. I hope we can regroup on Saturday and get the season back on track. Transfer window opens in a couple days so we can be positive about that. All we can ask for is RD to not fuck around during the transfer window and make a decent signing or two. If that's not the case, il be on the next flight to London to rip him a new one...... But still let's try and stay positive. New year, new Charlton?? Who knows
  • Let's see where we are after the next 10 games.

Or after 46 games

Hmmmm...

Bring back Church..
  • Sponsored links:

Hmmmm...

How many points at this time last year?
  • Disappointing if somewhat predictable result. Just 1 win in the last 10 and now in the bottom half and 8 points above the bottom 3. Am I the only one getting just a touch nervy?
  • edited December 2014
    Time for RD to make his move and sign some quality players in Jan. I don't blame BP.
  • Happy new year.love charlton athletic
  • Anybody trying to take any positives from another defeat must be deluded. Were only a few points above 18th
  • Possession: 43-57
    Shots: 16-15
    (on target): 6-6
    Corners: 16-4

Goals: 3-0

Ignore the result (& corners) yes easier said than done...but those stats are really impressive against a team in second place and now unbeaten in 19 games.
    Yes. The first questions we must ask ourselves are:

1. Are we conceding from corners too often or are we just conceding too many corners? By law of averages, it's inevitable we will concede more than the average amount of goals if conceding more than the average amount of corners.
    2. Are our strikers as clinical as they can be? The stats show we had as much of the game as the opposition tonight but still didn't put the ball in the net.

There are many others for the coaching staff to deal with but those are the ones that spring to mind immediately.
  • Duchatelet isn't going to spend proper money FACT!

A couple of short deals or freebies maybe but i think he'll be thinking there is no prospect of promotion this season, so why spend more money on the squad. Let them bump along till the end of the season and take stock again in the summer.

Hmmmm...

Lets just hope we don't sell our best striker this time.....