Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Katrien on Sky Sports tues AM.

Just seen a preview of our CEO on a programme called Women in Sport on tuesday morning.

Comments

• So, at least, now, we know for sure how to get her to respond to an email!

"Dear CEO,
    I am contacting you on behalf of [insert name] who is producing a programme about [insert random topic here].
    We would welcome your views and would like to invite you to participate in our programme. This will of course help to raise your profile. Please contact me on [insert phone number here] to discuss the fee and let me know your dietary requirements and where the chauffeur can collect you on the day.
    Kind Regards
    [X]"

It's a shame Top Gear has gone otherwise we could expect to see her doing the "star in a reasonably priced car" gig sometime soon. Perhaps HIGNFY or Buzzocks beckons?

BTW, were my ears deceiving me at half-time or were we informed that "KM and OTHER Charlton legends...." did the Upbeats walk?

• cafcfan said:

So, at least, now, we know for sure how to get her to respond to an email!

"Dear CEO,
    I am contacting you on behalf of [insert name] who is producing a programme about [insert random topic here].
    We would welcome your views and would like to invite you to participate in our programme. This will of course help to raise your profile. Please contact me on [insert phone number here] to discuss the fee and let me know your dietary requirements and where the chauffeur can collect you on the day.
    Kind Regards
    [X]"

It's a shame Top Gear has gone otherwise we could expect to see her doing the "star in a reasonably priced car" gig sometime soon. Perhaps HIGNFY or Buzzocks beckons?

BTW, were my ears deceiving me at half-time or were we informed that "KM and OTHER Charlton legends...." did the Upbeats walk?

Didnt hear KM's name mentioned once in regards to the walk... All I heard were the names Webster, Leaburn and Rufus
  • Had sky sports news on last night and this must've been a preview as there was a two minute clip of Katrien talking about how her first job after joining the club was to sack Powell.
  • Curb_It said:

Had sky sports news on last night and this must've been a preview as there was a two minute clip of Katrien talking about how her first job after joining the club was to sack Powell.

Thats the kidda, and talking with Guy about how quickly he had got his desk sorted.
  • Is it a coincidence that since the Trust organised an open meeting for fans, one key message of which was there was a poor lack of communication at the club, KM seems to be more visible?

Trust may not have got their meeting but if this visibility is down to the meeting then it has certainly been a success to an extent.

I think its pretty inevitable if you are making a programme about women in sport and you want to discuss football you would ask Katrien, the alternative is Karren Brady who once said that Birmingham don't need a youth policy because Tesco dont need to grow beans for their baked beans they buy them in!.
  • I guess it's a similar situation to a certain former Charlton manager always being asked to appear on documentaries discussing the lack of black managers in the English game...
  • whilst the comments made by cafcfan are unkind and cynical they are not sexist.It is not relevant what sex she is when it comes to replying to emails the point is she replies to emails that further her career.
    Personally I think that is what the vast majority of business men and women do.
    Write to Richard Branson and see if you get a reply.
  • Is it a coincidence that since the Trust organised an open meeting for fans, one key message of which was there was a poor lack of communication at the club, KM seems to be more visible?

Trust may not have got their meeting but if this visibility is down to the meeting then it has certainly been a success to an extent.

I suspect that after the managerial change fiasco it was decided to go on a charm / PR offensive, hence agreement to appear at Bromley. I don't think you can put it dopwn to the meeting facilitated by the Trust but certainly the meeting would have reinforced the need
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcfan said:

"Dear CEO,
    Kind Regards
    [X]"

Is this sort of sarcastic comment really necessary?

She has probably been asked if she wanted to do this, and is supposed to be about women in sport, not Charlton Athletic.

Your facetious comments smack of sexism.
    Do they?
  • Kap10 said:

Is it a coincidence that since the Trust organised an open meeting for fans, one key message of which was there was a poor lack of communication at the club, KM seems to be more visible?

I suspect that after the managerial change fiasco it was decided to go on a charm / PR offensive, hence agreement to appear at Bromley. I don't think you can put it dopwn to the meeting facilitated by the Trust but certainly the meeting would have reinforced the need
    She agreed to appear at Bromley before the managerial change and before the Trust's meeting was announced.
  • Why would the CEO reply to your email?

What was the subject, comment, question or request?
  • edited March 2015
    PL54 said:

Why would the CEO reply to your email?

An old fashioned concept, courtesy, springs to mind.

Even if only to advise that the email has been referred to an underling.

No response whatsoever, unless the original email was personally abusive, smacks of arrogance in my view.
  • LenGlover said:

PL54 said:

Even if only to advice that the email has been referred to an underling.

No response whatsoever, unless the original email was personally abusive, smacks of arrogance in my view.
    But what were you asking?
  • edited March 2015
    PL54 said:

LenGlover said:

PL54 said:

Even if only to advise that the email has been referred to an underling.

But what were you asking?
    Not my email. Just answering your question as asked.
  • edited March 2015
    I see, so you're upset "on behalf of someone else" ?

If I emailed the CEO of an organisation and expected a reply then it might be me that was arrogant.

This really arrogant person just walked 8+ miles for a good cause, attended 2 supporters meetings etc but hasn't replied to an email.

How does she know it isn't from her train buddy?
  • PL54 said:

If I emailed the CEO of an organisation and expected a reply then it might be me that was arrogant.

This really arrogant person just walked 8+ miles for a good cause, attended 2 supporters meetings etc but hasn't replied to an email.

Hence my caveat "unless the original email was personally abusive."

The buck stops at the top.
  • Kap10 said:

Is it a coincidence that since the Trust organised an open meeting for fans, one key message of which was there was a poor lack of communication at the club, KM seems to be more visible?

She agreed to appear at Bromley before the managerial change and before the Trust's meeting was announced.
    I knew it was before the Trust facilitated meeting, was not sure exactly when it was announced in relation to the managerial change.
  • Sponsored links:

• @cafcfan what was your email about or what was your question?
  • PL54 said:

@cafcfan what was your email about or what was your question?

Why is that relevant?
  • Bit of a fee for all this, I'll chip in when and where I can
  • brogib said:

Bit of a fee for all this, I'll chip in when and where I can

You want some?
  • PL54 said:

You appear to be upset on behalf of Katrien?
    No, just trying to keep in the top 3 trolls of CL.
    Steady, I can think of someone who's trolled half the board today :smile:
  • edited March 2015
    brogib said:

Bit of a fee for all this, I'll chip in when and where I can

No need to pay on CL mate!
  • cafcfan said:

"Dear CEO,
    Kind Regards
    [X]"

Is this sort of sarcastic comment really necessary?

She has probably been asked if she wanted to do this, and is supposed to be about women in sport, not Charlton Athletic.

Your facetious comments smack of sexism.
    Do they?
    He wouldn't be a lefty if he didn't chuck around a bit of liberal slime every now and again