Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Netherlands vs Iceland (Gudmundsson to start)!

Have a good feeling they can get a result here, will be interesting to see how Johann does in a more central position

Comments

• Options
    That's a proper Icelandic team, every one a "son" or "sson"!
  • Options
    Had a fiver on him at 8-1 for him to score anytime.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Due to the naming system of Icelanders it'll always be the case with male teams. Fathers' name followed by son. One notable difference was Heiðar Helguson who chose to be named after his mother
  • Options
    Live on Sky Sports 5 if anyone is interested
  • Options
    That lineup was innaccurate...Johann to play on the right wing as per Charlton role!
  • Options
    Johann put a nice cutback across goal on a plate for the striker, should be 1-0 up!
  • Options

Due to the naming system of Icelanders it'll always be the case with male teams. Fathers' name followed by son. One notable difference was Heiðar Helguson who chose to be named after his mother

With most countries though, there are always people who qualify due to having an Irish granny or similar...
  • Options

Patronymic system or something similar.

Same with girls all end in Dottir

I bloody love Iceland, and JBG.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any other decent players in the Icelandic team that JBG could persuade to come to Charlton?
  • Options

Any other decent players in the Icelandic team that JBG could persuade to come to Charlton?

Must admit, have always liked Bjarnason - believe he could be a good player for us - he played for Pescara in Italy who sold him for 1m euros - surely thats within our budget?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Me too!! Bjarnason would be handy... he's only just gone to Basel this season though
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Have you been there? Whats it like?
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Expensive but captivating.

Beautiful place and people

Well worth it
  • Options

Swisdom said:

I've been many times. Great country, very friendly people. Never far from some stunning natural landscapes. Reykjavik nightlife is also legendary. A good time to go is during the Iceland Airwaves festival in November, I went out for a festival in July and am tempted to go to Airwaves.
  • Options
    Martins Indi straight red! Come on Iceland!!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Wow! the Dutch have just had a guy sent off.
  • Options
    Silly red card - what an idiot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was never a red in my opinion.
  • Options
    He'll be upset about that red card. Let his teammates down.

Needs to show some Indi penance now.
  • Options
    penalty.
  • Options
    Penalty Iceland!
  • Options
    get Indi net.
  • Options
    Blinking eck 1 nil Iceland.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Gudmundsson hits the post! Beautiful