Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Netherlands vs Iceland (Gudmundsson to start)!

Have a good feeling they can get a result here, will be interesting to see how Johann does in a more central position

Comments

• That's a proper Icelandic team, every one a "son" or "sson"!
  • Had a fiver on him at 8-1 for him to score anytime.
  • edited September 2015
    Due to the naming system of Icelanders it'll always be the case with male teams. Fathers' name followed by son. One notable difference was Heiðar Helguson who chose to be named after his mother
  • Live on Sky Sports 5 if anyone is interested
  • That lineup was innaccurate...Johann to play on the right wing as per Charlton role!
  • Johann put a nice cutback across goal on a plate for the striker, should be 1-0 up!
  • Due to the naming system of Icelanders it'll always be the case with male teams. Fathers' name followed by son. One notable difference was Heiðar Helguson who chose to be named after his mother

With most countries though, there are always people who qualify due to having an Irish granny or similar...
  • Due to the naming system of Icelanders it'll always be the case with male teams. Fathers' name followed by son. One notable difference was Heiðar Helguson who chose to be named after his mother

Patronymic system or something similar.

Same with girls all end in Dottir

I bloody love Iceland, and JBG.
  • Sponsored links:

• Any other decent players in the Icelandic team that JBG could persuade to come to Charlton?
  • Any other decent players in the Icelandic team that JBG could persuade to come to Charlton?

Must admit, have always liked Bjarnason - believe he could be a good player for us - he played for Pescara in Italy who sold him for 1m euros - surely thats within our budget?
  • Swisdom said:

Due to the naming system of Icelanders it'll always be the case with male teams. Fathers' name followed by son. One notable difference was Heiðar Helguson who chose to be named after his mother

Me too!! Bjarnason would be handy... he's only just gone to Basel this season though
  • Swisdom said:

Have you been there? Whats it like?
  • Swisdom said:

Expensive but captivating.

Beautiful place and people

Well worth it
  • Swisdom said:

I've been many times. Great country, very friendly people. Never far from some stunning natural landscapes. Reykjavik nightlife is also legendary. A good time to go is during the Iceland Airwaves festival in November, I went out for a festival in July and am tempted to go to Airwaves.
  • Martins Indi straight red! Come on Iceland!!
  • edited September 2015
    Wow! the Dutch have just had a guy sent off.
  • Silly red card - what an idiot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was never a red in my opinion.
  • He'll be upset about that red card. Let his teammates down.

Needs to show some Indi penance now.
  • Penalty Iceland!
  • get Indi net.
  • Blinking eck 1 nil Iceland.
  • edited September 2015
    Gudmundsson hits the post! Beautiful
  • edited September 2015
    so close JBG.

*please stop playing well*
  • JBG just hit the post!