Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Worst FTSE falls in history.

Fucking brilliant plus sterling dropping. Temporary blip?

Comments

• Buying opportunity
  • Buying opportunity

I'm sure those who play the market will be fine whereas the average punter will suffer.
  • edited June 2016
    I just looked at the FTSE and its down 1.6%. Am I missing something?
  • I just looked at the FTSE and its down 1.6%. Am I missing something?

Lol - OK that is a big fall now.
  • Currently down 528 pts
  • I bet it's "only" down a couple of hundred points by the end of the day.
  • I hope so SLL. We need to wait for the rest of the world to start waking up and see whether they pull back their investments for safer markets. The further east you go the worse it could get. That's my fear.
  • Dead cat bounce at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2016
    In about 1 month it will be clearer as to where we are.

The Media and Financial Markets will whip themselves up in to a frenzy and when the dust has settled I think we'll be down, but nowhere near as drastic as the first few hours of today will be.
  • 20% off bank stocks, buy now while prices are cheap.
  • Germany's stock market has bigger falls.
  • twitter saying we're no longer the world's 5th largest economy and have been overtaken by................France.

Not sure how they calculate that but I blame anyone who works at the Bank of England. They say they have £250bn to boost economy but I haven't seen my £390k yet
  • Currently down 528 pts

Is that points or pints, are you still in the pub :smile:
  • every down is an up waiting to happen
  • I must say you all seem very calm considering a financial earthquake has just happened in your country which will soon (or is already) affect the global market.... I work in the international business department of a bank here in China and thank goodness we don't have corporate customers who do import/export business in pounds... Currency fluctuations are never good for a country's economy and I reckon there will be a lot of British companies facing financial losses now that the pound is in free fall.
  • just wait til one of the major banks leave and then northern ireland and scotland vote to leave the uk.. Pandora's box this referendum.
  • 'We can cope with Brexit! We're the 5th biggest economy!'

Well now thanks to the vote we've fallen behind France and still tumbling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Quite right - we will still trade and life will go on (in or out)
  • I must say you all seem very calm considering a financial earthquake has just happened in your country which will soon (or is already) affect the global market.... I work in the international business department of a bank here in China and thank goodness we don't have corporate customers who do import/export business in pounds... Currency fluctuations are never good for a country's economy and I reckon there will be a lot of British companies facing financial losses now that the pound is in free fall.

Most of us have been there, done that. It's the little kids with no real experience of what to do that will be running around, panicking, chasing markets up and down. the reality is nothing has actually changed and nothing will change, in or out. The UK Will carry on trading, we will keep on crossing borders, as will the EU and the rest of the world. The Pound crashing hurts the rest of the world just as much as it does the UK. If we can't afford to buy goods because they are too expensive then it's somebody else's problem that they need to solve psq especially if our goods become a lot cheaper and undercut theirs. The Pound will be back where it started pretty soon, as will the stock markets. A lot of traders will have their fingers burnt in the meantime and a few lucky ones will make a huge profit and try and delutionally claim it was all down to their skills, whereas the reality will be they were lucky. In the meantime what really matters is who is going to be charlton's next signing and will England beat Iceland
    Spot on.
  • Time in the market, not timing the market. It will come back.
  • stockbrokers and bankers .. they epitomise the cliché .. know the cost of everything and the value of zilch
  • Didn't realise we had so many accurate stock market predictors on here. You must all surely be millionaires!
  • Chunes said:

Didn't realise we had so many accurate stock market predictors on here. You must all surely be millionaires!

And ?
  • Chunes said:

Didn't realise we had so many accurate stock market predictors on here. You must all surely be millionaires!

and i suppose you are??

What a strange comment

Most of us have been there, done that. It's the little kids with no real experience of what to do that will be running around, panicking, chasing markets up and down. the reality is nothing has actually changed and nothing will change, in or out. The UK Will carry on trading, we will keep on crossing borders, as will the EU and the rest of the world. The Pound crashing hurts the rest of the world just as much as it does the UK. If we can't afford to buy goods because they are too expensive then it's somebody else's problem that they need to solve psq especially if our goods become a lot cheaper and undercut theirs. The Pound will be back where it started pretty soon, as will the stock markets. A lot of traders will have their fingers burnt in the meantime and a few lucky ones will make a huge profit and try and delutionally claim it was all down to their skills, whereas the reality will be they were lucky. In the meantime what really matters is who is going to be charlton's next signing and will England beat Iceland
    That is such a macro view. Things will happen to real people, like job losses, not just on paper markets.
    The only job losses that will happen because of this are Cameron's resignation and those traders that got fcked by last nights market swings