Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fredrik Ulvestad signs from Burnley (season long loan)

edited August 2016 in General Charlton
http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-fredrik-ulvestad-loan-transfer-3284947.aspx

The midfielder joins from Burnley until the end of the season

George Jones reports

Charlton Athletic are delighted to confirm the signing of Fredrik Ulvestad on a season-long loan deal from Burnley.

The 24-year-old midfielder becomes Russell Slade’s 11th signing of the summer.

Slade said: “Fredrik is a box-to-box type of midfielder. He has loads of energy, can cover ground effectively and is very tidy on the ball as well.

“He’s extremely fit and has probably been a bit unlucky to not have had more of an opportunity at Burnley. He’ll add a different dimension to us. He’s different to what we have got and that is exactly what I wanted.”

Ulvestad began his professional career with his hometown club Aalesunds FK, making his debut in 2010 at the age of 17.

He scored his first goal for the club against Sogndal IL in April 2011 and, the following season, he established himself as a regular in Aalesunds’ midfield.

In total, he made 132 appearances for the club during a four-year period, scoring 20 goals.

In 2015, he made the switch to Burnley and, last season, played five times in the Championship as the Clarets won promotion to the Premier League.

Ulvestad is also a full Norway international, having gained one cap in 2014, and has also represented his country at U23, U21 and U20 level.

Comments

• no nothing him but it was a definately a midfielder we needed.
  • Least he's not some young untested kid... At 24-years of age he shouldn't be a risk signing
  • Plan B has kicked in.........
  • Good luck to him. We needed a midfielder (well two or three).
  • Amazed by this!!
    Not at the signing , but by the obvious lack of "we had to be patient with this signing, we've wanted him for years now and finally got the chance to sign him now"
  • Is he plan B because Thompson wasn't allowed to leave?
  • Good signing . Won't please everyone but it's a position we needed covering .
  • Valley11 said:

Is he plan B because Thompson wasn't allowed to leave?

Nah he's plan E after we failed to sign: Thompson / Walsh / Johnson / Henry
  • Sponsored links:

• Welcome Fredrik, happy with this signing!
  • Possibly, Thompson, Adeyemi and a player from Brighton were on a shortlist
  • Happy to sign someone who's fit!
  • edited August 2016
    Don't know anything about him but looking at his stats, in his league games for Burnley in a year and a half he never played a full 90 mins, most he ever played was 59 mins in the league last season
  • Pretty similar record to Ba to be honest
  • Sponsored links:

• Pretty similar record to Ba to be honest

Someone's definitely took the jam out your donut today!!!
    I was thinking the same myself.

Miserable git :wink:
  • I'm just glad he hasn't got a name you can milk a thousand crap puns out of.

This is CL. Give it time and someone will crowbar in the worlds worst pun for Fredrik Stensøe Ulvestad.
  • Comments from a Norwegian mate of mine on FB in response to my question "is he any good?"...

"At his best of course, but the question is his match fitness. If he can play like he did in Norway this would be a great signing.

Midfielder with good defensive qualities."
  • I'm just glad he hasn't got a name you can milk a thousand crap puns out of.

I've just started the requisite thread
  • If Russell wanted him I'm happy for that. Trust his judgement even if he's on a tight budget. I think he's in the Curbs module, in that he wouldn't bring in someone that isn't going to be better than what we've already got.

Never likely to have heard of him with his little playing time but if he's been around a premiership setup he'll be well drilled and should be fit. Clearly they didn't want to sell him so maybe feel there's more development to come from him.

Welcome aboard the skylark Freddie