Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Grand National 2017

The weights will be confirmed on February 14th so i think it is time to start this thread. If Peanuts returns he can give us the benefit of the famous model but until then has anyone got any comments? I think The Last Samurai will be top weight and Don Poli will be withdrawn as he is more likely to be aimed at Cheltenham. An alternative to finding the winner is to lay a loser on Betfair. With this in mind i backed Just A Par at 170 and put in a lay offer at 100 which i am sure will be taken in due course.

Comments

• Without PeanutsMolloy, I have literally not a clue.

• Please @PeanutsMolloy, come back!!!
  • Last Samuri and One For Arthur. They're the two you defo want ante post. I'd say maybe Ziga Boy, too.
  • Would love Peanuts to come back won't be the same without him, hope he knows he feels appreciated
  • PaddyP17 said:

Last Samuri and One For Arthur. They're the two you defo want ante post. I'd say maybe Ziga Boy, too.

One For Arthur is rated 137 so unless there are a lot of withdrawals he is unlikely to run
  • This thread just doesn't feel right.
    No offence to len90 but it does seem a bit Sandy Toksvig replacing Stephen Fry.

I did know that Stephen Fry enjoyed his racing but unaware that Toksvig did.
  • Has anyone sent out a search party? After all there cannot be too many people called Peanuts Molloy...
  • Dear Mr Molloy

Don't want to find out what you've been taking
    Don't want to read about the love you're making
    Don't want to hear about the lives you're faking
    Don't want to read about the muck

(but we do really need your Grand National model)

PEANUTS PEANUTS PEANUTS!
  • Has anyone sent out a search party? After all there cannot be too many people called Peanuts Molloy...

I Googled him and got over a million results. The top one is called the afterword. He posted 16 days ago.

http://theafterword.co.uk/members/peanuts-molloy/profile
  • Sponsored links:

• Peanuts has sent us a message:

Three dead horses were found dumped in Charlton within two weeks.

Two horses were found in a car park in Springfield Grove on Saturday morning (February 4), in a parking space between two maintenance vans.

They were malnourished, neglected and unkempt, with their ribs showing.

Two weeks before another dead horse was found at the entrance of Charlton Athletic Football Ground in a similar state.
  • Us on 9th April:

• edited February 2017
    Rogue Angel, Definitely Red, Vieux Lion Rouge
  • Weights announced:

11st 10lb Outlander, 11-9 Champagne West,
    11-8 Empire Of Dirt, 11-7 Don Poli,
    11-6 Carlingford Lough, 11-5 The Last Samuri,
    11-4 Alary, 11-3 Alelchi Inois, 11-2 Minella Rocco,
    11-1 Devils Bride, More Of That,
    11-0 Lord Scoundrel, Perfect Candidate, Saphir Du Rheu, Shantou Flyer
    10-13 Road To Riches, Sausalito Sunrise,
    10-12 Carole’s Destrier, Clarcam, Foxrock, Roi Des Francs,
    10-11 Wonderful Charm, Wounded Warrior,
    10-10 Blaklion, Drop Out Joe, Tenor Nivernais,Tiger Roll
    10-9 A Toi Phil, Le Mercurey, The Game Changer
    10-8 Cause Of Causes, Maggio, Regal Encore, The Young Master
    10-7, Definitly Red, Double Shuffle, Houblon Des Obeaux, Pleasant Company, Ucello Conti, Vieux Lion Rouge,
    10-6 Ballynagour, Highland Lodge, Junction Fourteen, O’Faolains Boy, One For Arthur, Vivaldi Collonges,
    10-5 Bishops Road, Lord Windermere, Saint Are, Vicente, Vics Canvas, Ziga Boy
    10-4 Just A Par, Measureofmydreams, Raz De Maree, Stellar Notion,
    10-3 As De Mee, Cocktails At Dawn, Pendra, Rogue Angel, Seventh Sky, Shutthefrontdoor,
    10-2 Gas Line Boy, Goodtoknow, The Romford Pele, Thunder And Roses, Triolo D’Alene, Vieux Morvan,
    10-1 Doctor Harper, Gallant Oscar, La Vaticane,
    10-0 Bless The Wings, Tour Des Champs,
    9-13 Knock House, 9-12 Hadrian’s Approach,
    9-11 Benbens, Potters Cross, Sambremont, Straidnahanna, Viva Steve,
    9-10 Cloudy Too, Lamb Or Cod, Milansbar, Polidam,
    9-9 Dromnea, Streets Of Promise, Vyta Du Roc,
    9-8 Beeves, Royale Knight,
    9-7 Alfie Spinner, Emperor’s Choice, Goulanes, Lessons In Milan, Mountain King, Out Sam, Sizing Coal,
    9-6 Dare To Endeavour, Father Edward, Samingarry, Silver Man,
    9-5 Alvarado, Milborough,
    9-4 The Crafty Butcher, Waldorf Salad,
    9-3 Katenko, 9-2 Federici,
    9-1 Gone Too Far, Racing Pulse, 9-0 Killer Crow.
  • Gordon Elliott has said Outlander the top weight will not run.
  • Goodtoknow has a featherweight.
  • going this year as mrs got me for xmas tickets and we have booked trains up and staying in manchester for the weekend, the thought of venturing out in liverpool with a load of pissed up scousers was too much, whats the dress code like there similar to cheltenham or is it a whistle job?.

Read that in the RP. Call me a cynic but is this a knee jerk reaction to the animal being allotted 2lb more than its Irish mark and as a result top weight? In which case we should await the confirmatory "that was just an off the cuff comment and it was always our intention to run the animal" After they mopped up the massive prices on Betfair that is.

Mind you that obnoxious owner of Ryan Air does have three of the top four in the race and a dozen or so in total so it's not as if he's struggling for options.

Read that in the RP. Call me a cynic but is this a knee jerk reaction to the animal being allotted 2lb more than its Irish mark and as a result top weight? In which case we should await the confirmatory "that was just an off the cuff comment and it was always our intention to run the animal" After they mopped up the massive prices on Betfair that is.

Mind you that obnoxious owner of Ryan Air does have three of the top four in the race and a dozen or so in total so it's not as if he's struggling for options.
    I'm in the " Anyone but Gigginstown " camp .
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2017

going this year as mrs got me for xmas tickets and we have booked trains up and staying in manchester for the weekend, the thought of venturing out in liverpool with a load of pissed up scousers was too much, whats the dress code like there similar to cheltenham or is it a whistle job?.

Where what you want I should imagine, but best to check the tickets/website for dress code.

I have to say when we went about 10 years ago it was the best day's racing fighting I've ever seen.

Those Scally's really do like a punch up. Chav Central . You looking at me ?
  • I have been dining off Peanuts' knowledge for years, I have people only talk to me in early April because of him, hope he returns....
  • Lord Windermere .. Chel G C winner @ 10-5 .. VERY well handicapped if still a fit horse
    Houblon des Obeaux .. 10-7 .. Venetia .. watch out for the jockey booking
    The Young Master .. 10-8 .. Mulholland could be due a big winner
    Carole's Destrier .. 10-12 .. as above
  • going this year as mrs got me for xmas tickets and we have booked trains up and staying in manchester for the weekend, the thought of venturing out in liverpool with a load of pissed up scousers was too much, whats the dress code like there similar to cheltenham or is it a whistle job?.

Ideally shell suit in the same colours as your favoured jockeys silks
  • My advice is lump on The Last Samuri and lay him at a much lower price on the day. Also have an each way bet on Just a Par.

I'm in the " Anyone but Gigginstown " camp .
    Excellent news - O'Leary on the front page of the RP venting his spleen at BHA handicapper Phil Smith and says Don Poli won't run. That only leaves him with a dozen Gigginstown horses to pick from!

If the Irish didn't have this nasty habit of "hiding" their horses' true form Smith wouldn't have to allot them higher marks when running over here.
  • They never had any intention of running Don Poli. He has always been aimed at Cheltenham.
  • I don't know if anyone is still following this but Just a Par won his warm up race yesterday and my lay bet was taken, so a 66.5% profit has been made and Don Poli will not run so whatever you layed him for has also been won.
  • watched the same race @len90 the last sumarai stays all day long, definately red looked good, but think it would get caught.
  • Liked the way Wonderful Charm ran in the Foxhunters but then probably talking through my pocket as I backed it yesterday and prior for the GN at 160 average on Betfair. Nicholls confirmed after the race that, along with the winner, Pacha Du Polder, it heads for Aintree. Still available at 100/1 with Paddy Power/Betfair (100 on the Exchange), it's as short as 25/1 with Bet 365 and Stan James so can't see it going off anything like that 100/1.