Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley (H) May 2016 Protest/Post Match Thread

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    Probably the toss was pre-agreed. Officials assumed that Charlton fans would not throw anything onto the pitch with the home keeper in the firing line, so the second half would be quieter. They got that wrong.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Rob said:

Off_it said:

Rob said:

SDAddick said:

Rob said:

SDAddick said:

We played quickly in the first half: bright and probing. Good moves - until Lookman misplaced the simplest of passes, and Harriott muffed the one-on-one with the keeper.

Our strikers are comical; who needs Nogoals? Vetokele is free, ball at feet - and it skids under his boot. He did the same at The Valley two years ago against Millwall, and it was comical again today.

I like Simon Church: he sprints at the defender, makes a block. It has taken our 'strikers' two seasons to understand. They are hopeless and funny, sauntering without intent. Calamity Harriott does a double step-ever, then trips over himself.

Lookman is a child, stumbling over a beach-ball, a toddler crashing in to the plastic furniture in a the back garden of a pebble-dashed semi in Strood.
    It has taken has four years for our keeper to release the ball: quickly, kick low and accurate, set the strikers free. Elliot did it accurately - it helps.

After the debacle at Bolton a few weeks ago, Jackson said: "It's all our fault." He said: We have failed you.

He is damn right.

I think you're being incredible harsh. To say Harriott fluffed his lines is ridiculous, Heaton made an absolutely brilliant save. Lookman at times lacks a final product/decision making but he's 18 and he should have won a penalty early on. I agree that Igor struggled, but to compare him, or any of them, to Churchy...

Gonna hope the drink is speaking a bit on this one.
    @SDAddick. Meet Mr. @Viewfinder. You'll get him after a while. He's a pain in the arse with verbal diarrhea, thinks he can write but actually writes bollox to get a reaction.
    Sounds like he'd get on well with SD's Dad.
    Not to brag, but my dad has degrees from Harvard and the University of Chicago. That's not to say he doesn't spout random stream of consciousness nonsense, it's just very educated nonsense ;).
    Nonsense = nonsense. A few years in Uni doesn't equal intelligence, sorry, and verbal diarrhea is not eloquence. Keep it simple is a good rule of thumb.
    No, but a few years in Uni does equal an education.
    Does it?

Depends what you did there I guess.
    Really!! Touched a raw spot has it. :-)
    Not really.

It's just the inference seemed to be that if you went to university you had "an education " and if you didn't you didn't.

Personally I don't think it's that simple. But maybe hat wasn't what was meant.
    I didn't mean that at all (I left school at 16). Being at Uni does give you an education though and I don't think that should be trivialised. As does the University of Life, which also shouldn't be trivialised.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    There was a feel of utter desperation in the club's actions on the day and their approach to the protests - ie silence them at all costs rather than ever try to look at the core issues. The crumb of comfort I took from it was that there was a sense of it being the last futile act of a management out of ideas.

Their (Duchatalet/Meire) reputation in football is in the same state as the sofa and I cannot imagine they get any more respect off the pitch from other clubs and their directors than they get from us. So where for them now? Smaller crowds but a more aggressive attitude to those that still come? Or, hope of hope, a realisation that this experiment has failed? After all, Roland is soon 70 ... and is this what a fading old man wants in his twilight years?
  • Options

The coin toss was non existent, which side we were attacking each half was already pre determined. There was 0 minutes added time, it was all planned.

The no added time was a sensible move by the referee. Most would have expected at least a minute (when has there ever not been a minute at the end of a game, even when there have been no stoppages!) so by blowing on 90 the ref and his linesmen could get out of there quickly (and why not given our senior management had bolted at half-time) as could players and staff, all of whom would have been briefed at the break and ready to go. I am fairly sure that if it had been 0-0 and Burnley needed a result then added time would have been played as normal, regardless of the conseqeunces.
  • Options
    Are you sure it wasn't Diversity the dance group cutting the shapes to Katrien's House Music?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I thought overall it was the best end to the season that could've happened. However tempting it might be for us to get a game abandoned, I think we've actually showed a tremendous amount of respect to both Brighton and Burnley in not going that far, and they've both returned that respect by joining in with our campaign.

I want to use this post to say thank you to both those sets of fans, but particularly CARD and everyone who has come up, participated in and contributed to our efforts to remove the scum from our club. They don't belong here, have completely destroyed the club in their 2 years of ownership and we will not begin to look forward until they are gone. Every penny that's gone into the protest fund, every ounce of effort that's gone into handing out a badge, travelling to Belgium, attending meetings to discuss tactics/ideas and generally people giving up their own time, is greatly appreciated and it's important to thank those involved.

for us to keep working to get these assholes out of our club will take much much more effort and focus, and some of you have made your decision to refuse to be part of it anymore and not renew. I respect everyone's decision to do that, it must be a gut wrenching decision that will leave a hole in your Saturday afternoons come next year. I can't quite bring myself to do that, I just can't. I will be there next season. I will continue to join in whatever protests are organised and I know the fight won't end here.

I hope that close season brings with it change, however unlikely that is. If it doesn't bring change then I hope the people that have done so much to spearhead the campaign continue to do so, because in my eyes everything you've done so far as been invaluable and everyone involved (however small your contribution) deserves to applauded.

I still won't criticise any fan who doesn't believe the protests are a good thing, it's their choice, their club as much as mine. I will simply have to disagree with them.

Do I want to go into my first season in 28 years of supporting the club not looking forward to it, of course not. However that's the reality I'm facing up too with these tossers in charge. It won't stop me protesting and I look forward to the day we see Roland and Katrien leave.

Thank you @CARD for your efforts over the last few months

Superb post. I agree with every single word.
  • Options
    Rob said:

SDAddick said:

Rob said:

SDAddick said:

We played quickly in the first half: bright and probing. Good moves - until Lookman misplaced the simplest of passes, and Harriott muffed the one-on-one with the keeper.

Our strikers are comical; who needs Nogoals? Vetokele is free, ball at feet - and it skids under his boot. He did the same at The Valley two years ago against Millwall, and it was comical again today.

I like Simon Church: he sprints at the defender, makes a block. It has taken our 'strikers' two seasons to understand. They are hopeless and funny, sauntering without intent. Calamity Harriott does a double step-ever, then trips over himself.

Lookman is a child, stumbling over a beach-ball, a toddler crashing in to the plastic furniture in a the back garden of a pebble-dashed semi in Strood.
    It has taken has four years for our keeper to release the ball: quickly, kick low and accurate, set the strikers free. Elliot did it accurately - it helps.

After the debacle at Bolton a few weeks ago, Jackson said: "It's all our fault." He said: We have failed you.

He is damn right.

I think you're being incredible harsh. To say Harriott fluffed his lines is ridiculous, Heaton made an absolutely brilliant save. Lookman at times lacks a final product/decision making but he's 18 and he should have won a penalty early on. I agree that Igor struggled, but to compare him, or any of them, to Churchy...

Gonna hope the drink is speaking a bit on this one.
    @SDAddick. Meet Mr. @Viewfinder. You'll get him after a while. He's a pain in the arse with verbal diarrhea, thinks he can write but actually writes bollox to get a reaction.
    Sounds like he'd get on well with SD's Dad.
    Not to brag, but my dad has degrees from Harvard and the University of Chicago. That's not to say he doesn't spout random stream of consciousness nonsense, it's just very educated nonsense ;).
    Nonsense = nonsense. A few years in Uni doesn't equal intelligence, sorry, and verbal diarrhea is not eloquence. Keep it simple is a good rule of thumb.
    No, but a few years in Uni does equal an education.
    So does 6 months in primary school.
  • Options
    What a day this was. Hoping for similar scenes at the last game of the season this year. One final push.

#OurClubNotYours
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What a day this was. Hoping for similar scenes at the last game of the season this year. One final push.

#OurClubNotYours

Hopefully the club accidentally lock the Swindon Directors out of the lounge like they did with Burnley.

#RidiculousAmateurs
  • Options
    It was proper 'throw the kitchen sink' that day. Never known The Valley to be so hostile