Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

You know you're getting old when.

Comments

• You prefer a cup of tea and a sit down rather than a beer after a 9 mile walk
  • When you remember Now 1 music CD, it's new release is Now 96. FFS.
  • When you write the same joke on this thread twice because you forgot you said it already.

When you've read it both times but still can't remember it.

I was up in my mums loft and came across the Now 1 album.
  • When you watch Antiques Roadshow and think "I remember buying one of those new"
  • You hear a Harlem Globetrotter on TV (ahead of their Wembley show tonight) proclaim that they have been going for 91 years.

When I saw them play they had only been going for 40 years.

Did you give it back to guinnessaddick?
  • When you find yourself starting to reply to the person walking towards you, talking loudly, only to realise they're talking on their mobile....

Or when, hearing someone exclaim loudly on their phone where they are, you find the confirmation strangely reassuring.
  • Sponsored links:

Surely it was just called now that's what I call music ?
  • When your train numbers book is nearly full.
  • Being caned by nuns at primary school, and now accepting that it would cost about £45, allegedly.

That's a decent quote, do you have a number , er for a friend.
  • Being caned by nuns at primary school, and now accepting that it would cost about £45, allegedly.

It's only for half an hour.
  • Plenty long enough, I'll wimp out.

i bet you can't ride your bike after that.

i bet you can't ride your bike after that.
    I can. And a lot faster too!
  • You fancy a day out with the kids and the first thing you turn to is the English Heritage guide...
  • Sponsored links:

• You can't sort out which free bus/train pass you're supposed to be using.
  • A record which you enjoyed in your youth and was a big part of your youth is re-released on its 30th anniversary, The Joshua Tree by U2 and now Tango in the Night by Fleetwood Mac has a 30th anniversary issue just come out
  • A record which you enjoyed in your youth and was a big part of your youth is re-released on its 30th anniversary, The Joshua Tree by U2 and now Tango in the Night by Fleetwood Mac has a 30th anniversary issue just come out

You kids don't know the half of it.
  • The sound of The Flying Scotsman fails to produce an erection.

You must be bloody old!
  • You say "I'm x years old, but I still feel young". Then, two minutes later, you complain about your back as you sit down, make a "oooh" sound as your knees creek and fall asleep in an armchair watching Match of the Day.
  • You say "I'm x years old, but I still feel young". Then, two minutes later, you complain about your back as you sit down, make a "oooh" sound as your knees creek and fall asleep in an armchair watching Match of the Day.

Is that the first showing on a Saturday evening or the re-run early on a Sunday morning? ;)