Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players you rated that few others did...

I always thought Diawara was a cracking player but on the basis of a couple of mistakes he was written off by a lot of our fans. One of the best tackler I've seen.

I also used to enjoy watching Lloyd Sam play but few others seemed to!

Comments

• Roger Johnson
  • edited September 2017
    I think it would be good to have a list of players that werent rated before they played

Yann Kermorgant would be top of that list
  • Mark Hudson seemed to get lots of abuse but I thought he looked a decent defender in an otherwise poor side.
  • edited September 2017
    I thought Amdy Faye started well, and had an immense game when he played at the back against Bolton. Admit he lost his confidence and turned into a frightening liability
  • Luke Varney, Paul Sturgess, Nicky Forster, Paul Benson
  • Sponsored links:

• Paul Sturgess was a real surprise and IMO did a better job filling in after Minto left than many gave him credit for.

Also rated Peter Garland
  • Luke Varney

This is one of my prized possessions

Also Tony Watt
  • Diawara and Varney definitely,

Didn't rate Benson despite him scoring some good goals for us and playing that game with a deformed head after taking a big hit to the bonce. Think he scored after it!
  • I think it would be good to have a list of players that werent rated before they played

Yann Kermorgant would be top of that list

Bradley Wright Phillips I thought would be a flop. Despite in his previous 2 seasons playing 32 games and scoring 17.
  • Mark Hudson and Simon Francis

Could never understand the dogs abuse they got from most fans.
  • Chris Dickson
    Chris Eagles
  • I liked Luke Varney yet never been able to understand what he was doing when he rounded the Burnley 'keeper and refused to shot... Instead he ran straight towards the goal and waited for the Defender to get back on the line before having an attempt on goal which was of course stopped by the Defender!! - We lost that 1-0
  • Campbell-Ryce, Diawara, Fanni, Hanlan
  • Another one for Varney and Lloyd Sam
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2017

I liked Luke Varney yet never been able to understand what he was doing when he rounded the Burnley 'keeper and refused to shot... Instead he ran straight towards the goal and waited for the Defender to get back on the line before having an attempt on goal which was of course stopped by the Defender!! - We lost that 1-0

I remember it as a 1-1 draw. But I remember the moment well (i was in the north lower right in front of the attempt). He delayed his shot as I think he was surprised he'd rounded the keeper, his shot was then cleared by the defender off the line.
  • Chris Dickson
    Chris Eagles

Remember there was one game where we were chanting for Dickson to come on off the bench for what seemed like forever.
  • Thought Varney was an excellent player.

Dickson's subsequent career probably proves I was wrong, but thought he was a real exciting prospect.

Still don't understand how Yassin Mouatoukil ended up at Hayes and Yeading. Poor attitude and too much time spent seducing his teammates' parents I guess.

Liable, Kim Grant and Bradley Allen all seemed prone to getting injured just when they seemed to be on the verge of demonstrating their potential.
  • Youga and Diawarra are good shouts. Going back Richie Bowman, Dick Tydman and Farmer Giles from the 70's
  • Danny Green. He was inconsistent and probably punching above his weight in L1, but the lad wanted to play for Charlton and I liked him.