Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football annoyances

These should be banned from football:
1 Clappers
2 Mexican wave
3 vuvuzela
4 Settees

Comments

• Prawn sandwiches
  • Werthers, flasks and blankets. (At all grounds except The Valley)
  • Sponsored goals, substitutions and corner kicks...
  • So called "Purists" who moan when the other team practices & can actually defend.
  • Not being able to beat Millwall in a proper league or cup game !
  • Sponsored links:

• Fiiish said:

People who support a top flight team hundreds of miles away then laugh at you when your local team is in a lower league

I've been to Old Trafford, Anfield, Stamford Bridge and Highbury more times than most supporters of the clubs that play(ed) there.
  • Fiiish said:

People who support a top flight team hundreds of miles away then laugh at you when your local team is in a lower league

I've been to Old Trafford, Anfield, Stamford Bridge and Highbury more times than most supporters of the clubs that play(ed) there.
    I've only been to Old Trafford once and have that claim more than most Man Utd fans!!
  • Post match manager interviews where the winning boss/players say what a good side the opposition were - when in actual fact they were appalling.
  • Post match manager interviews

Just do away with them - Hate the bloody cliques that the Managers come out with

We played well / Opposition gave us a good go / We showed character, depth and determination

Its the one of the top annoyances for me because the Media by hanging on to every single word have ruined the post match interview, meaning we can no longer get a proper opinion on a result unless its a result like the Liverpool game last week where the Manager (in this case Klopp) throws his toys well and truly out of his pram!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Also it pisses me off that we can't kick off at 3pm.
    It's always about 2 or 3 minutes past.
    Just send the players out a couple of minutes earlier so they can be ready to kick off on time

I noticed that too.
  • edited December 2017
    Use of the word "Brand"- it's football not baked fecking beans, pure corporate wankspeak

Managers with budgets the size of Switzerlands cash reserves grizzling when teams with comparitively nothing come to their ground, and don't play seven upfront and leave gaps for them expoit.

Thats a long sentence, not as long as I'd give Pardew.
  • Taking the ball to the corner flag to waste time. I would recommend a rule change such that you can kick any player shielding the ball within 3 yards of the corner flag as hard as you like.

I hate this and it seems that teams are heading to the corner flag earlier and earlier.
  • Why does the clock in the top left hand corner have to be sponsored (Sky/MOTD)

With the sponsor's logo appearing next to at every 15 minute interval

Games gone
  • The smt are currently trawling this thread for new ideas, remember you'll only have yourselves to blame! ;)
  • edited December 2017

- Bubble Machines
    - oversized flags waved when a goal is scored
    - inane statements written in an "ultra" font
    - Champions League / Premier league "anthems"
    - handshakes that aren't a proper handshake but that modern "thumb shake"
    - a "thumb shake" combined with a "shoulder barge" between every player before kick off
    - pointing two fingers at the sky and looking up at kick off / after scoring a goal.
    - teams coming out of the tunnel side by side when it's not a cup final
    - any music pre / during / post match that drowns out the sound of the crowd
    - the use of fireworks at any point in a game, especially when a cup is lifted

- as above for ticker tape
    - the modern cup presentation where the captain gets the trophy at the end and all his team mates stand on a stage doing that stupid thing with their hands
    - Roland Duchatelet

I could go on...

This at our play off final, the music & fireworks were so loud when Kin Kin Kinsella lifted the trophy it totally
    ruined the post match celebrations for me cause you couldn't hear any Charlton songs/chants.

Yes I know it was a long time ago & I don't think about it day in day out but just saying :smiley: