Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robinson praises Murray and suggests possible takeover update

edited January 2018 in General Charlton

Charlton manager Karl Robinson has paid tribute to Richard Murrary amid ongoing takeover talks.

Murrary, who has come under fire from Addicks fans for his involvement with the unpopular Belgian regime, has been acting as a chief executive since Katrien Meire left the club in the New Year.

And despite fan backlash towards the Valley director, Robinson is grateful to the former Charlton chairman.

Speaking after the Addicks’ 1-0 win over Bury, he said: “Let me talk about Richard Murray - what a man. He’s been unbelievable for me - I want to thank him publicly.

“He’s been there, he's guided me and supported me. He’s been on the phone to myself and [head of recruitment] Steven Gallen every night.

“He’s got different things going on in his life and he's still putting his life on hold for this football club.

“So whatever the difficulties or frustrations or whatever people think, here’s a man who wants this football club to do well. I can’t thank him enough for what he’s done for me over the last two weeks.

“I think we might do something [give a takeover update] early next week.

From the newshopper

Comments

• involved in recruitment, but achieved what exactly?
  • We need an update quickly or things will quickly turn nasty.
  • could suggest they are lining up targets in the event of a successful sale, I guess
  • Oh dear. This doesn't sound promising.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh dear. This doesn't sound promising.

Not sure we can read much into either way. The other day he said it could take 5 months. This at least sounds more positive than that.
  • edited January 2018
    He's tried being sour with the current set up. Now he's trying sweet. He's in a shit position. He's got to hedge his bets and do anything he can to try and bring in a couple players before the window shuts.

The five on the bench thing was far more frustrating and worthy of a response.
  • Murray involved with this Scottish lot then
  • I guess he’s fighting to keep his job, so needs to suck up to RM?
  • Obsequious or is it a dig at how uninvolved Meire was?
  • Sponsored links:

• FORD said:

Obsequious or is it a dig at how uninvolved Meire was?

Almost certainly a side swipe at Meire - I would bet my house that KR has never heard the word ‘obsequious’ let alone knows what it means.

• edited January 2018
    Random question. Do Charlton allow people with tickets into the ground after half time? My flight has been pushed back next Saturday and I wont be able to make kick off.

Especially, if the club has been sold before next Saturday would not want to miss it.
  • Random question. Do Charlton allow people with tickets into the ground after half time? My flight has been pushed back next Saturday and I wont be able to make kick off.

@SouthWest_Addicks if they say no ask them to speak to Mick Everett, the safety officer.
  • DA9DA9
    edited January 2018
    The quote on the OS about Carruthers speaks volumes and is clearly another not so veiled dig at RD

“I wanted Samir Carruthers to come back the other way – you can make your own mind up about who stopped that.

Also promising to reveal things about what’s been going on, gives me some encouragement that he knows it will happen next week
  • J BLOCK said:

Murray involved with this Scottish lot then

Why do you say that ? Just because Murray may give an update next week, why does it mean he's involved with the Scots or whoever ? He may well be, but have I missed something ?
  • Random question. Do Charlton allow people with tickets into the ground after half time? My flight has been pushed back next Saturday and I wont be able to make kick off.

Especially, if the club has been sold before next Saturday would not want to miss it.

Maybe the half season ticket you can buy now is for the 2nd half only?