Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

I just don’t understand what the fucking point in it is?

Gives an opportunity to sack people, so reduces the payroll.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Redhenry said:

Solidgone said:

There has been speculation that some false stories were given to staff at Charlton to either muddy the waters or to find those leaking news.

Lesson 1: How to show trust in your staff.

That is shocking
    Airman revealed in a recent VOTV that they tried that trick with Mick Everett, he didn’t fall for it.
    Who would be behind that?
  • Options
    I would have thought that if you tell staff in a office meeting you are accepting that it is now in the public domain - especially if that meeting is reported in the National press.

It is one thing to be to told something confidential in a one to one meeting or a management meeting where a demand for confidentiality is the norm, but an open staff meeting! No way.
  • Options
    With a bit of luck e could be on a slow boat to China.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

I’ve skipped a few pages...is there anything in the new banner message at the top of the home page??

I’m getting “#Welcome Saudi Crown Prince”

This then links to a twitter page set up to welcome Mohammed Bin Salman on his visit to the UK between 7th and 9th March.

iinah yahduth!!

Apparently that means “it’s happening” in Arabic!!! :wink:

Got the same this morning
  • Options

DA9 said:

Uboat said:

DA9 said:

Redhenry said:

Solidgone said:

There has been speculation that some false stories were given to staff at Charlton to either muddy the waters or to find those leaking news.

Lesson 1: How to show trust in your staff.

That is shocking
    Airman revealed in a recent VOTV that they tried that trick with Mick Everett, he didn’t fall for it.
    Who would be behind that?
    I’m sure @Airman Brown could divulge if he wanted too, but I can guess at a shortlist of two
    And one of them is proper short with a shit weak handshake and looks like a cnut
    Well you know what they say, if they look like one and shake hands like one....
  • Options
    lolwray said:

cfgs said:

I am drinking Harvey's bitter ( feel a traitor to Kent ) looking at the snow and dreaming of a time when Roland will be a fading memory.

Love a pint of Harveys
    Had a few different bottles of the stuff last night and the one called Tom Paine was lovely.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

I am drinking Harvey's bitter ( feel a traitor to Kent ) looking at the snow and dreaming of a time when Roland will be a fading memory.

Harvey popped to the gents, did he?
  • Options

cfgs said:

Harvey popped to the gents, did he?
    :neutral:
  • Options
    Another day closer to the takeover...

RolandOut
  • Options
    cfgs said:

lolwray said:

cfgs said:

Love a pint of Harveys
    Had a few different bottles of the stuff last night and the one called Tom Paine was lovely.
    I would love to see RD apply some Common Sense and think about the Rights of men and women who follow Charlton.

* No doubt the Tom Paine the beer is named after is the brewers uncle or something and I have completely overplayed it!
  • Options

cfgs said:

lolwray said:

cfgs said:

Love a pint of Harveys
    I would love to see RD apply some Common Sense and think about the Rights of men and women who follow Charlton.

* No doubt the Tom Paine the beer is named after is the brewers uncle or something and I have completely overplayed it!
    I would hope so too - but as far as RD is concerned it’s not the age of reason!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

cfgs said:

lolwray said:

cfgs said:

Love a pint of Harveys

I would hope so too - but as far as RD is concerned it’s not the age of reason!
    Bloody hard trying to get a gag out of a Tom Paine reference, maybe we are going to be bought by an English born American? Wasn't Bob Hope born in Eltham?
  • Options
    Come on Roland. Time to go, and you know it. Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    lolwray said:

cfgs said:

Love a pint of Harveys
    Best ale in the world. There I said it.
  • Options

cfgs said:

lolwray said:

cfgs said:

Love a pint of Harveys

You haven’t overplayed it Cordoban Addick.
    Harvey’s brewery is in Lewes.
    Tom Paine, revolutionary, philosopher, and one of the founding fathers of the USA, was born in England and lived in Lewes for a few years before leaving for the colonies.
  • Options
    Heading towards falling off page one. Heaven forbid!!! Then again perhaps if we let it and stop all the speculating, the takeover may actually happen! You know... "a watchpot never boils "

*DOH..... I've moved it up to the top again: :blush:
  • Options

lolwray said:

cfgs said:

Love a pint of Harveys
    THIS!
  • Options
    Still time for yet one more "If I bought a house..." analogy?
  • Options
    A watchpot?
  • Options

Still time for yet one more "If I bought a house..." analogy?

Go on then grumps, you know you must want to if you’re thinking about it at 3:46am :smiley:
  • Options

lolwray said:

cfgs said:

Love a pint of Harveys
    If you are ever in Bridport, Dorset try Palmer's 200 - beautiful beer brewed in the town (have toured the brewery). I believe the company has been around for at least 100 years, maybe longer.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!