Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A message to the fellow boycotters

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

As some have said, RD has publicly stated that he is selling, Daisy has done one and will hopefully relegate the massives in a year's time. The purchasers may be shilly shallying over whether they will ever get the support back.
    If they dont buy we will have another season of RD failing to invest and the club becoming less than a shadow of its former self. The boycott has got him to the position of recognising he must sell, maybe we should at this appropriate time show the potential buyers that there is a support to be cultivated and recovered.
    It is the last home match of the season, if RD doesn't sell or the buyers dont buy I will revert to my personal boycott and to my pit of despair but, just for once I am going to try and rekindle the passion at the Valley and sing my heart out in support of my (not RD's) team.

Please do not try and claim it is the boycotting fans that have bought him to the position that he wants to sell. You will only create divides.
    The boycotting fans and those withholding money will have done more to get him to the position to sell than those who continue to throw money at his failed experiment
    The Belgium 20 have spent money and have done more than anyone to get him to sell.

Those going to games have done more to make the club attractive to prospective purchasers.

Those going to games and have not spent money whilst there have proved to Roland that the club is not viable even with more supporters.

Boycotting fans have had no impact at all as Rolly would prefer that vinegar pissers piss off.

All of the above.

My personal opinion is that boycotting fans have had minimal impact.
    Those going to games regularly have helped to minimise his regular monthly losses.
    Those boycotting have helped to increase his monthly losses and this, IMHO, is the reason that he may be contemplating selling.
    You want to believe that boycotting has had a minimal impact because you have not done that and it suits you to believe so.
  • Options
    By the way, I agree that the actions of The Belgium 20 have probably had the greatest influence over his decision to sell, certainly based on each pound spent.
  • Options
    Boycotting fans are by definition fans who will return when a new owner is in place and are therefore still fans and still following sites like ‘Life’ and the fortunes of the team. They have a clear understanding of what needs to change before they are prepared to return and for the most part are willing to spend time and money to be rid of Rolly.

Other ex fans are just that. They may still have a passing interest in our results and if inspired to return for a single match or more they will do so. They may think that Rolly is a chunt, but him being the owner is not the single defining reason as to why they do not attend.

I think this is the biggest fans site and I believe that our followers are probably the most active in the anti Rolly campaign. If we added the boycotting fans on this site and doubled it we would probably be close to the total number of boycotting fans.

Am I wide of the mark here? Without looking I guess that about 100 post saying they are boycotting so probably about 200 in total?

It probably feels like more because boycotters are by definition passionate supporters who are prepared to fight for what they believe in. Their presence at games have been missed which is why so many implore them to return. Just don’t over egg it.

• Options

so the 6k or so missing fans who have not gone to games have made no impact , i think you are wide of the mark there

I could believe a figure of 6 boycotters... 6,000 boycotters is delusional...6,000 not going because the team was shit and in L1 is more likely...and a few home games with the sort of support and atmosphere we had at Pompey last week and the ground would be full whatever league we are in and whoever the fuck owns the club
    Last time we were a shit team in L1 what were the crowds .
    the reason 6k are missing is because his failed experiment led to us being in league one, so those same fans who came before when we were in league one aren't due to Roly fucktard

our ground wont get full for a long time , 2k boisterous away fans winning a big match is of little relevance to us filling our home ground , the prick who owns us has drained the life out of alot of our support , not all of it but to more than a normal shit owner would have done
  • Options
    The boycott has not worked,and will not work.The vast majority put their love of the club above their opinions of the owner,the financial aspect does not affect RD one iota,he is a billionaire and at his age losinga few million is totally irrelevant.Like everyone else I have hated what has happened over the last few years,but the last few weeks have given hope for the future,RD or not,who knows what new ownership will bring,remember the initial euphoria when RD took over.If we get up this season,keep the management team and the majority of our best players,the future is bright To me all that matters is what happens on the pitch,I pay to see football matches not to listen to boardroom arguments and other often unfounded information.Respect to everyone in their chosen path,hope it wont be long before we have our charlton back.

• Options
    Boycotters, have you reached the corridor of uncertainty ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PeterGage said:

My view, after having seen and also spoken with RD in Belgium, is that the money he loses by people boycotting is insignificant to him - he doesnt care whether you turn up or not, we all know he has no passion or desire for Charlton Athletic, he wants to 'run' Charlton like a business in the same way he runs Melexis - but does not have any emotional attachment or understanding of how to run a football club.
    At the time of his purchase , we were just an impulse buy for him, a little toy for his new lawyer friend to play with. A small dip into his cavernous pocket.
    The boycotts, in my view, has actually had a negative effect on the team and also the fans ability to be able to protest 'in game' - as eluded to by BDL when the boycotts started.
    I obviously understand all the sentiments on here but for me, to continue to boycott at this stage in what could be such a key,pivotal time of the season is almost bordering on foolhardy, and is just cutting your nose off to spite your face. As someone else said, sometimes you just have to park your grievances and principles for a little while and look at the bigger picture. This is that time.

I urge you to go. Make some noise. Help drag the team to the playoffs.

Thanks for "urging", but no flip flopping by me.

I am hurting, in that my grandson, aged 5, has just started to go with my stepson and I would love to be able to join them; but principles come first.

I repeat, no flip flopping for me
    totally respect your principles....but I think you'll really regret missing out on the 'potential' memories.....we average a Wembley appearance every 20 odd years (obviously we're not there yet etc....but surely you'd want to take your grandson to that?)
  • Options

Redrobo said:

As some have said, RD has publicly stated that he is selling, Daisy has done one and will hopefully relegate the massives in a year's time. The purchasers may be shilly shallying over whether they will ever get the support back.
    If they dont buy we will have another season of RD failing to invest and the club becoming less than a shadow of its former self. The boycott has got him to the position of recognising he must sell, maybe we should at this appropriate time show the potential buyers that there is a support to be cultivated and recovered.
    It is the last home match of the season, if RD doesn't sell or the buyers dont buy I will revert to my personal boycott and to my pit of despair but, just for once I am going to try and rekindle the passion at the Valley and sing my heart out in support of my (not RD's) team.

Please do not try and claim it is the boycotting fans that have bought him to the position that he wants to sell. You will only create divides.
    Put simply if we had all gone along merrily and continued to support at every match, not had the protests , the balls on the pitch, the mock funeral, the trips to Belgium then he probably would not have noticed the failures that he had brought about.

Maybe we should have boycotted driving any car that has a chip inside it manufactured by his other companies but that would be self defeating since they are found in most vehicles and that protest would not have made the slightest difference.

The protests and boycotts we made were valid and I believe achieved a result.

If that proves to be a false dawn by next season, then it is back to the boycott for me. However, I am not masochistic enough to deny myself all enjoyment and the hope that we will make the play offs and get promoted is something that I will allow myself to stop boycotting for. If I am not being ascetic enough for some on here, so be it. It may well be that I am in fact just going to punish myself more than them, if we fail on Saturday.
    I agree. It was all those things and more.
  • Options
    Is it just me? Is the Blackburn a big game? If we get in the play offs, we have a three in four chance of not getting promoted. If we don’t make the play offs, this has to go down as a disappointing season overall. With possibly no big money sales next year, can we really be any more hopeful than finishing somewhere close to the play offs if Roland stays. If we do scramble up through the play offs, what then? If Roland stays, it’s hard to imagine much better than relegation/Jacko sacked etc. The only scenario that makes this a big game is if we go up through the play offs and Roland goes. That looks fairly unlikely to me, although I hope it happens.

I’m still out as Debra Meaden would say.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    PeterGage said:

My view, after having seen and also spoken with RD in Belgium, is that the money he loses by people boycotting is insignificant to him - he doesnt care whether you turn up or not, we all know he has no passion or desire for Charlton Athletic, he wants to 'run' Charlton like a business in the same way he runs Melexis - but does not have any emotional attachment or understanding of how to run a football club.
    At the time of his purchase , we were just an impulse buy for him, a little toy for his new lawyer friend to play with. A small dip into his cavernous pocket.
    The boycotts, in my view, has actually had a negative effect on the team and also the fans ability to be able to protest 'in game' - as eluded to by BDL when the boycotts started.
    I obviously understand all the sentiments on here but for me, to continue to boycott at this stage in what could be such a key,pivotal time of the season is almost bordering on foolhardy, and is just cutting your nose off to spite your face. As someone else said, sometimes you just have to park your grievances and principles for a little while and look at the bigger picture. This is that time.

I urge you to go. Make some noise. Help drag the team to the playoffs.

Thanks for "urging", but no flip flopping by me.

I am hurting, in that my grandson, aged 5, has just started to go with my stepson and I would love to be able to join them; but principles come first.

I repeat, no flip flopping for me
    \>

I respect your stance but I'm pleased your stepson is taking your grandson because it reminds me of the lost generation in the 70's when we were in the third tier and we were down to small crowds because of the lack of ambition shown by Michael Gliksten.
    So many potential fans were lost to other clubs because of the malaise of the owner.
  • Options

Is it just me? Is the Blackburn a big game? If we get in the play offs, we have a three in four chance of not getting promoted. If we don’t make the play offs, this has to go down as a disappointing season overall. With possibly no big money sales next year, can we really be any more hopeful than finishing somewhere close to the play offs if Roland stays. If we do scramble up through the play offs, what then? If Roland stays, it’s hard to imagine much better than relegation/Jacko sacked etc. The only scenario that makes this a big game is if we go up through the play offs and Roland goes. That looks fairly unlikely to me, although I hope it happens.

I’m still out as Debra Meaden would say.

As AFKA might say.....that's the spirit !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stevelamb said:

I will be playing World of Tanks.

In Belgium?
  • Options
    At the end of the day we all choose how to spend our money. I wouldn't presume to tell anyone else what to do with the money they have.
    So I am uncomfortable with people trying to get me to forgo a principle and spend my money on Duchatelet's Charlton.
  • Options

who gives a fuck whether it's boycotters or punters not turning up cos we are a shit league one side .

our crowds have been decimated under the watch of fucktard roly and that is a fact

this has led to lower revenue to the twunt and helped him realise that he's fighting a losing battle to make ends meet in his shitty experiment and it's time to go

Hence his quote that "without the 12th man on your side their is no point" says it all really, well done the "6" boycotters
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Is that the case, that there has been an increase this season?

• Options

Redrobo said:

The boycotting fans and those withholding money will have done more to get him to the position to sell than those who continue to throw money at his failed experiment
    I am a boycotter & have been for two years, I do understand it's difficult to break the habit especially those who attend with parents, grandparents, children etc. What really pisses me off are those who throw their money over the bar in crossbars or buy their food at the outlets in the ground. Why can't they use pubs close by & take their own food ? Just don't understand it, in my last season I even saw people wearing black & white scarves going into crossbars wtf !!!!!
    Yet you take a flask and people take the piss.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

I am a boycotter & have been for two years, I do understand it's difficult to break the habit especially those who attend with parents, grandparents, children etc. What really pisses me off are those who throw their money over the bar in crossbars or buy their food at the outlets in the ground. Why can't they use pubs close by & take their own food ? Just don't understand it, in my last season I even saw people wearing black & white scarves going into crossbars wtf !!!!!
    Yet you take a flask and people take the piss.
    not if it's a hip flask
  • Options

shirty5 said:

And will increase a bit more after Saturday's game. Maybe new supporters have started to watch the team and have replaced some of those who have stopped going?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Simonsen said:

shirty5 said:

And will increase a bit more after Saturday's game. Maybe new supporters have started to watch the team and have replaced some of those who have stopped going?
    How many tickets do the trust get given per home game now?