Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Blackburn 28/04/2018 - POST MATCH THREAD

Comments

• We are going up so we are going up
  • a few comments from Blackburn fans:

"my God Charlton were terrible. Just shows we need to get out of this God awful league when we’ve lost to them. They got away with one, we should have scored at least one second half."

"Great atmosphere, good stadium, good hosting club; happy, smiling fans with no weight on our shoulders singing all the way out of the stadium.
    Its been great.
    Team played well, Charlton fans in the pub have no idea how they won the game.
    Cheer up lads
    Also big credit to the Charlton fans giving our players and us a standing ovation as they left the pitch. Definition of class. Hope they won the play offs. Lovely day all round. "

"first half it was very poor game and Charlton very lucky to score and not a good side.
    Second half we were the best team and played some good stuff."

"A long and expensive day out to The Valley. I remember the Back to The Valley campaign and the ground being rebuilt. Surprised by how dated it looks, concrete all over the place, etc.
    We had a great chat with a couple of Charlton fans on the train from London Bridge. Basically an our owner is worse than yours exchange!!
    Charlton scored a scabby goal, without Dack we struggle and today it showed. Hopefully Doncaster beat Wigan and we get the chance for a title winning celebration. It can still happen but we missed a real opportunity today against a poor Charlton side. "

• Just hope Plymouth don't win both, and we lose/draw at Rochdale.
  • bobmunro said:

Just hope Plymouth don't win both, and we lose/draw at Rochdale.

That’s the spirit.

Hoping not of course. Would be a proper kick to to bollocks but very possible. Rochdale need it too.
  • Novak owes us a goal or two :)
  • Just hope Plymouth don't win both, and we lose/draw at Rochdale.

If Plymouth win both and we draw with Rochdale; Scunthorpe have to beat Bradford...
  • We are amazing. Great day followed by a few drinks in the (in)famous Miller's Arms in Bexley for my cousin. And finishing the day on a train. 100% Charlton!
  • Sponsored links:

• Ref today was superb.....but loses a point for 7 minutes went up.

Eh? - Page was down for about 3/4 mins... add the six subs (another 3mins as 30secs each) then 7mins is about right
    But he then played nearly 9 minutes.
  • Dont understand why Lee doesnt want to watch Tuesdays game - surely it would be correct to watch any team that we might play in the play-offs?

What he probably means is he won't watch the game live - but you can be sure he and JJ will be casting their eyes over it later.
  • Keep remembering snippets of the game yet credit to the Blackburn players applauding us as they left the field

To be fair, we reciprocated. Lot's of applause from all round the ground.
  • addick05 said:

Dont understand why Lee doesnt want to watch Tuesdays game - surely it would be correct to watch any team that we might play in the play-offs?

What he probably means is he won't watch the game live - but you can be sure he and JJ will be casting their eyes over it later.
    Hi may not watch it live, but he will probably watch it 20 times to analyse it.
  • Nug said:

Konsa made an unbelievable tackle on the edge of the box in the first half, striker looked clean through. Great timing.

The ref was good today but the ass ref missed a clear offside for that move.
    I reckon the ref did not give the foul against Konsa because he knew it was off side and the lino had missed it. Ref was very good today.
    Agree with this. Not normally a fan of refs trying to even things up but I think he found the right balance
  • Anyone know what happened in the away end? Paramedics near the front of the stand after the final whistle for quite some time tending to someone it looked like to me
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:
    Good to see. I was worried he'd broken his leg.
  • addick05 said:

Keep remembering snippets of the game yet credit to the Blackburn players applauding us as they left the field

To be fair, we reciprocated. Lot's of applause from all round the ground.
    The Blackburn players applause was in response to applause from the Charlton fans, not the other way round.

There was respect between both sets of fans and players. Nice to see
  • edited April 2018
    Thought we defended extremely well. We won most first balls and when we were caught out of position everyone worked hard to keep us in the game.

Not a great spectacle from footballing performance but we showed loads of character which was great.
  • edited April 2018
    Great performance of sheer and determination from everyone.
    Have to go all out for a win at Rochdale.
    We are not half as well organized in defence as some here thinks, and sitting back deep won't work again.
    The team worked very hard but also benefited from good luck today !!!
    If we are serious about the playoffs we should beat Rochdale.

Commmoooon yyyooouuu Rrrreeeedddsss !!!
  • edited April 2018
    Blackburn were the Second best team at the valley this season after Wigan. Fantastic 3 points achieved with guts and lady luck.
    Didn't have Fosu's X factor today but the team battled as if their lives depended on it.
    Today match was a throw back to a by gone age when the valley would rock with a passionate crowd.
    Marshall had his best game and Amos has been superb in the last 10 matches.
    Kashi enjoys these hard game and the two CB were awesome.
    No weak links today but we must feed Ajosie at Rochdale.
    45 games gone and after Tuesday night, unless Plymouth lose it's a 1 game shoot out.
  • Was a real fight of a game, 11 warriors out there. Special mention to Marshall who defensively reminded me of a John Robinson at his best. Shame for Amos that the player of the season vote has finished, he's been immense.

Bowyer really deserves a lot of credit how he's got the players fighting for the cause, 6 weeks ago i'd have never believed we'd have a chance of the play off's.

I'm hoping Scunthorpe whip Plymouth midweek and we cruise into 6th at the weekend.

Was the best atmosphere at home I can remember for a long time, those last 15 minutes were unbelievable, my voice is only just returning. There's no better feeling than being in the covered end when everyone is in full voice and picking up three points. 3 more cup finals.
  • Like many I thought the season was over after the Wimbledon & Scunny defeats so full marks to Bowyer & JJ for masterminding wins against 3 of the best sides in the division without conceding a goal. Of course it could still go horribly wrong next weekend but to have it in our own hands going into the last game was as much as we could hope for, and if Scunny can beat Plymouth on Tuesday night it would take a very unlikely set of results to stop us getting to the Play-Offs, although what happens from there is anybodys guess. Well done to the lads for putting in a great shift today, and although we probably benefited a bit from Blackburn having already being promoted you still have to get the job done. On to Rochdale - COYR