Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The rise of the vegans.

Comments

• Macronate said:

Part of my company design Refrigeration plants for slaughter houses, we have just taken on a Vegan, could be interesting, it was pointed out to him, and he still accepted the job. Funny enough what we didn’t think through through was his request for a Vegan car, we didn’t even realise there was such a thing, we came to a agreement he would use his own car and charge mileage until we could sort something.

The thing I can’t understand is how can a vegan being involved in the design of slaughter houses especially when we do go live side whilst slaughtering take place. Just can’t work that out.

Your company not heard of the Vauxhall Cucumber.
    Greenie said:

Macronate said:

Part of my company design Refrigeration plants for slaughter houses, we have just taken on a Vegan, could be interesting, it was pointed out to him, and he still accepted the job. Funny enough what we didn’t think through through was his request for a Vegan car, we didn’t even realise there was such a thing, we came to a agreement he would use his own car and charge mileage until we could sort something.

The thing I can’t understand is how can a vegan being involved in the design of slaughter houses especially when we do go live side whilst slaughtering take place. Just can’t work that out.

Or the Tofu Rolls Royce
    No, and he’s not getting a Jaguar or for you oldies a singer gazelle
  • I’ll be keeping my eye on this thread.
  • Love a bit of roast eyeball me
  • DRAddick said:

Thinking about it, it does make me laugh the quick ridicule of veggies/vegans (not just the pompous arrogant twats who deserve it) in this Country. We as a nation are so far removed from the realities of our meat and are the the pickiest animal eaters in the world. So quick to hypocritically condemn the animal eating choices of other countries if it isn't basically cow, chicken, pig or fish. Frankly as carnivores go, we're pathetic and may as well go veggie.

You knock yourself out and eat as much Bovine arse'ole as you like mate.....I'll stick to steak.
    I love a bit of steak.

I also love BBQd pig feet.
  • I should have known you'd trotter that one out.
  • edited July 2018

Love a bit of roast eyeball me

I was once recommended prairie oysters in a restaurant but I thought the waiter was talking a load of bollocks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just let people eat what they want, it’s one of those things I’ve never really understood like people that get offended other people drink Fosters.

Maybe I’m selfish, naive, lazy whatever, but I go to the shop, buy some meat, cook it, like the taste and go about my day. It’s that simple really.

My wife drink a Fosters and she offends me.
  • Greenie said:

Macronate said:

Or the Tofu Rolls Royce
    Or the Citroen look at me look at me, everybody stop and look at me I’m a fucking vegan
  • Greenie said:

Macronate said:

Or the Tofu Rolls Royce
    Or the Citroen look at me look at me, everybody stop and look at me I’m a fucking vegan
    Yes, normally a 2CV kicking out more harmful emissions than most cars built today.
  • Heard on the radio the other day that people are turning dogs vegan....wtf
  • Just looked in here to get away from the takeover thread.
    Fuck me I ain't coming back.
  • edited July 2018

DRAddick said:

Thinking about it, it does make me laugh the quick ridicule of veggies/vegans (not just the pompous arrogant twats who deserve it) in this Country. We as a nation are so far removed from the realities of our meat and are the the pickiest animal eaters in the world. So quick to hypocritically condemn the animal eating choices of other countries if it isn't basically cow, chicken, pig or fish. Frankly as carnivores go, we're pathetic and may as well go veggie.

You knock yourself out and eat as much Bovine arse'ole as you like mate.....I'll stick to steak.
    I eat my bovine arseholes the same way everyone else does.......disguised In my beefburgers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lurker said:

Missed It said:

How do you know that somebody is a vegan?

Don't worry, wait 2 minutes and they'll tell you anyway.

How do you know someone's a meat eater?

Don't worry, pop on a thread about vegans and they'll tell you.
    In under 2 minutes.
  • Just think it's worth saying as well that on a thread specifically aimed at Vegans that the attitude of 'I like meat why is that a crime' is just wasted. It isn't constructive and someone who has chosen a vegan lifestyle genuinely doesn't want to hear you try and justify why you eat meat as in our eyes there is no justification. To someone that doesn't understand it aka me over a year ago you don't know how ignorant you sound until you inform yourself. If you watch the videos about it and read the information on animal agriculture it will really test your morale compass. No one can believe I went vegan as I've always been a vegetable dodger.

I would highly recommend that if you have the mentality of 'Meat tastes nice I don't care' that you sit down and watch a documentary about animal agriculture and the harm it does to the planet. It's fascinating and at the very least will inform you on why people choose to go vegan even if you don't choose to yourself.

Are you really vegan ? You seem far too happy.
  • Just think it's worth saying as well that on a thread specifically aimed at Vegans that the attitude of 'I like meat why is that a crime' is just wasted. It isn't constructive and someone who has chosen a vegan lifestyle genuinely doesn't want to hear you try and justify why you eat meat as in our eyes there is no justification. To someone that doesn't understand it aka me over a year ago you don't know how ignorant you sound until you inform yourself. If you watch the videos about it and read the information on animal agriculture it will really test your morale compass. No one can believe I went vegan as I've always been a vegetable dodger.

I would highly recommend that if you have the mentality of 'Meat tastes nice I don't care' that you sit down and watch a documentary about animal agriculture and the harm it does to the planet. It's fascinating and at the very least will inform you on why people choose to go vegan even if you don't choose to yourself.

Are you really vegan ? You seem far too happy.
    Not sure if you are being serious as I consider myself to be quite grumpy haha

But yes I am, I try and remain very neutral though as obviously the majority of people I know eat meat. Only me, my girlfriend and two of my close mates are vegan so I think trying to talk down to people for what I believe or cause arguments would not only leave me with no mates it would also be counter productive.
  • I’m not a vegan but if I could crack my addiction to cheese I probably would be at least by what I eat.
    I cannot ever see a time where I would wear plevleather shoes or trainers.