Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Fleetwood | Sat 25 August 2018 post-match views

Rather uneventful afternoon. How did you see it?

Roland out.

Over to you.

Comments

• Roland is a genius, he told us so!
  • Gawd. That was uninspiring dross
  • Sage said:

Uneventful, flat, lack of any inspiration, lack of anyone able to get on the ball, lack of shape, lack of imagination, lack of hope.

Until any of that changes, mid table is the very best we can hope for.

not as bad as I thought then
  • edited August 2018
    McBobbin said:

I'm in Ibiza and didn't realise it was Saturday, less that we were playing.

Roland is a bellend.

Blimey what gear are you on? Nothing to see here, enjoy the rest of your holiday :wink: .
  • Well I guess the only positive is that we didn't concede a late goal this time.

With the forwards we have, at this level we should be scoring more goals.
  • Another duff performance and fail to score at home for the second time in succession. Not looking too clever so far - our only win courtesy of a last minute goal.
  • Well I guess the only positive is that we didn't concede a late goal this time.

With the forwards we have, at this level we should be scoring more goals.

Need service for that and they aren't getting anything
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

Uneventful, flat, lack of any inspiration, lack of anyone able to get on the ball, lack of shape, lack of imagination, lack of hope.

Yes but apart from that, things weren't that bad were they?

Indeed, look at the positives - first clean sheet of the season, now unbeaten for one game (indeed only one defeat in the last 4 games), 2 points clear of the bottom 4. And we held the mighty Fleetwood who were backed by a loud, raucous away following.

It's all looking good. Honest. (At least that's what Roland tells us).

• Utter utter dross. Had a long day at the Reading festival yesterday and that performance did nothing to keep me awake.

Fleetwood had the better chances. Phillips made a couple of good saves and Bauer looked solid. Other than that is was shit.

No creativity or pace in midfield, front two no service at all and a serious lack of width.

First game of the season for me and unless I can blag freebies it will be the last until Roland is gone.

The official attendance was laughable. Doubt there was 5k in the ground.
  • We lack any creativity or flair. Diamond looked a poor formation today, really didn't understand Pratley playing number 10 and bielik was far too nonchalant on the ball and nearly got caught out a few times. Aribo is wasted out wide.
  • Macronate said:

Only 10 points behind the leaders.

True. But also more importantly 2 points comfortably clear of the bottom 4.
  • with no money and begging for cast offs with no SMT mid table is a stretch target
  • edited August 2018
  • Flat.

Flat performance, flat atmosphere.

Didn’t look like scoring which is a strange thing to say with one disallowed and a couple of the line.

Differently down a gear in comparison to Tuesday.

Fleetwood offered very little.

Pratley my MoM
  • Has KG mutated into another KG (Kim Grant)?
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

Lacked punch

But for a consolidationist like me, 5pts from 5 games is like a being hooked up to morphine

Long may it continue

We need to get you better drugs mate
  • with no money and begging for cast offs with no SMT mid table is a stretch target

Certainly is if you can’t put the ball in the net. You have to win some games to get mid table
  • SDAddick said:

cabbles said:

Lacked punch

But for a consolidationist like me, 5pts from 5 games is like a being hooked up to morphine

Long may it continue

Haha - the drug of consecutive unbroken seasons in league one and 20 trips to Walsall is highly addictive
  • Has KG mutated into another KG (Kim Grant)?

Or Keith Gillespie
  • edited August 2018
    cabbles said:

SDAddick said:

cabbles said:

Lacked punch

Long may it continue

Haha - the drug of consecutive unbroken seasons in league one and 20 trips to Walsall is highly addictive
    I feel this only backs up my original statement ;)
  • Two middle table teams who probably won’t threaten the top 6 this season. There were some individual moments, but neither team had enough quality to threaten either side.

I thought the disallowed goal was harsh but we didn’t do enough win.

I’m worried it will be too late when we decide to start playing and hit our stride.

• Sage said:

Yes but apart from that, things weren't that bad were they?

Indeed, look at the positives - first clean sheet of the season, now unbeaten for one game (indeed only one defeat in the last 4 games), 2 points clear of the bottom 4. And we held the mighty Fleetwood who were backed by a loud, raucous away following.

It's all looking good. Honest. (At least that's what Roland tells us).

You're forgetting that you also watched Premiership stars of the future. That Fleetwood no. 2 perhaps...