Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Czech Republic-7:45PM

England back on ITV is a much welcome sight. 

Anyone on here going tonight? Hoping it will be a decent atmosphere as it’s being played on a Friday night. 

Happily take a 2-0 win after all the upheaval of players pulling out since Southgate named the squad.

Big night for Sancho to impress.

Comments

• I'm going, disappointed at having to drive most of the way as no pre-match beers :( Got to be better than the last few times I've been there!
  • edited March 2019
    Yep going tonight. Looking forward to it. 
    Fancy Sancho as first goal scorer if he starts. 
  • Going tonight and actually looking forward to it. 
  • Got the Czech beers in, and despite the Czech passport in the works will be hoping that England spank them. I don't think they will spank them, but I think England will be too strong for them. There are no players in the Czech squad that come close to the stars of the formidable teams of 2004-6,(Cech, Berger, Nedved, Rosicky, Koller, etc) and the coach has yet to prove he is really up to the job. They look particularly light up front, with Patrick Schick's young career stalling at Roma, and Milan Skoda, the Czech league's leading scorer being 33 years old. It would be different if Viktoria's Michal Krmencik were available, Newcastle tried to get him in summer, he combines power and pace and is well suited to the English game, but he has done his ACL. It'll be a well-organised team effort with several players from Slavia the current league leaders forming the base. The coach has said they won't just park the bus, but I reckon they will be cagey in the first half at least.

2-0 England is a good shout IMO. But my forecasting record is appalling :-)
  • used to do the home games but after taking 90 minutes to get in the ground for the spain game missing the 1st half time to give it a miss. hope we play well and its good to be looking forward to watching the national team again
  • edited March 2019
    Kane and Rashford out injured, who do you think will play up top?
  • Going tonight and looking forward to it. Any idea what it's like getting the tube back to Charing Cross after a Wembley match?
  • edited March 2019
    Kane and Rashford out injured, who do you think will play up top?
    Don’t think Kane is injured? - unless I’ve missed something?
  • used to do the home games but after taking 90 minutes to get in the ground for the spain game missing the 1st half time to give it a miss. hope we play well and its good to be looking forward to watching the national team again
    90 mins wtf happened , that’s ridiculous 
  • Got the Czech beers in, and despite the Czech passport in the works will be hoping that England spank them. I don't think they will spank them, but I think England will be too strong for them. There are no players in the Czech squad that come close to the stars of the formidable teams of 2004-6,(Cech, Berger, Nedved, Rosicky, Koller, etc) and the coach has yet to prove he is really up to the job. They look particularly light up front, with Patrick Schick's young career stalling at Roma, and Milan Skoda, the Czech league's leading scorer being 33 years old. 

Is the reason that the coach isn’t up to the job because he doesn’t have players of the calibre you mentioned i wonder.
  • Sponsored links:

• Expected line up:

• Yep should be a interesting game, usual England pre-match drinking hole at the Mable Tavern on the Euston Road  
  • SamB09 said:
    Got the Czech beers in, and despite the Czech passport in the works will be hoping that England spank them. I don't think they will spank them, but I think England will be too strong for them. There are no players in the Czech squad that come close to the stars of the formidable teams of 2004-6,(Cech, Berger, Nedved, Rosicky, Koller, etc) and the coach has yet to prove he is really up to the job. They look particularly light up front, with Patrick Schick's young career stalling at Roma, and Milan Skoda, the Czech league's leading scorer being 33 years old. 

Is the reason that the coach isn’t up to the job because he doesn’t have players of the calibre you mentioned i wonder.
    Not quite what I meant, only that he is only 5 games in and the oppo has not been of England's level. But your point is valid
  • Yep going tonight with the boy, expecting an easy win
  • you taking shag minor ?
  • you taking shag minor ?
    Yes he’s going, shag majors in the armchair
  • Going tonight and looking forward to it. Any idea what it's like getting the tube back to Charing Cross after a Wembley match?
    Go to Wembley Stadium Station, it is far less busy than Wembley Park & even Wembley Central.
    You can get a train back to Marylebone in 15 mins and then get the underground from the concourse, Bakerloo Line to Char X.
    If you leave 10 mins before the end you may even get on without queuing and get a seat.
    If you leave on the final whistle I would estimate a 15 min wait, as opposed to an hour at Wembley Park.
    PS know where Wembley Stadium Station is in advance as it's not so easy to find in the dark, even though it's the closest.
  • Macronate said:

Expected line up:

Don't see the point of playing both Rice and Henderson in a home game where the opposition are going to stick 10 men behind the ball. Would leave Henderson out and play someone like Barkley or even Ward-Prowse.

But in Southgate we trust.
  • Chris_from_Sidcup said:
    Macronate said:

Expected line up:

Don't see the point of playing both Rice and Henderson in a home game where the opposition are going to stick 10 men behind the ball. Would leave Henderson out and play someone like Barkley or even Ward-Prowse.

With someone like Dele being such an attacking player, always getting forward, isn't the formation effectively more of a 4-2-1-3 or 4-2-3-1?
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:

Expected line up:

Yeah don't expect it to be a very open game, and Henderson usually needs games to be open for him to be most effective in that shuttling role. 

Haven't seen a lot of Rice this season, is he good enough to walk straight into the side? I know there are a lot of players out who might normally be in that midfield. I've never fully been convinced by Ross Barkley, but would also be tempted to start him. 
    Go to Wembley Stadium Station, it is far less busy than Wembley Park & even Wembley Central.
    You can get a train back to Marylebone in 15 mins and then get the underground from the concourse, Bakerloo Line to Char X.
    If you leave 10 mins before the end you may even get on without queuing and get a seat.
    If you leave on the final whistle I would estimate a 15 min wait, as opposed to an hour at Wembley Park.
    PS know where Wembley Stadium Station is in advance as it's not so easy to find in the dark, even though it's the closest.
    Thanks for the advice Covered End
    Thanks for the advice Covered End
    Definitely the best way to come home from Wembley.
    90 mins wtf happened , that’s ridiculous 
    was a power failure at the gates apparently, i did email in a complaint and got my ticket money refunded which was handy but missed harry kane get golden boot and a whole 1st half of football, the usual thing at wembley is the amount of tourist/one off visitors that have no idea where to go what they are allowed in etc. 
  • Work finished for the week, a couple of tinnies for the journey and off to watch the most exciting international team in the world.

The road to Euro 2020 begins. Come on England.

GSTQ.
  • SDAddick said:
    Macronate said:

Expected line up:

Yeah don't expect it to be a very open game, and Henderson usually needs games to be open for him to be most effective in that shuttling role. 

Haven't seen a lot of Rice this season, is he good enough to walk straight into the side? I know there are a lot of players out who might normally be in that midfield. I've never fully been convinced by Ross Barkley, but would also be tempted to start him. 
    Mates a West Ham supporter so I’ve sat and watched a few games this season with him when they’ve been on the box, Rice has really impressed me every time. His passing and decision making is fantastic for a 20 year old. I think West Ham’s counter attacking style suits him as he likes disposessing players and then turning defence into attack, so be interesting to see how that transfers into our style against lesser opposition.
  • SDAddick said:
    Macronate said:

Expected line up:

Mates a West Ham supporter so I’ve sat and watched a few games this season with him when they’ve been on the box, Rice has really impressed me every time. His passing and decision making is fantastic for a 20 year old. I think West Ham’s counter attacking style suits him as he likes disposessing players and then turning defence into attack, so be interesting to see how that transfers into our style against lesser opposition.
    Sounds like Scot Parker was for us
  • Eric Dier starting ffs seriously, he must have something on Southgate
  • Hate that team aside from the front 3

• I’ve never heard of Michael Keane. Had to look him up on wiki. Keeping joe’s place warm I guess.