Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

++ Tomer Hemed (p47 gone to New Zealand) ++

Comments

• edited August 2019
    I've heard it fell through because we ran out of fax machine toner and Roland has to personally authorise all purchases above £5.
  • The fact the club tweet says “close to the deadline” rather than before the deadline doesn’t feel me with confidence 

really hope Hemed is confirmed
    Pretty sure they are the same thing though, just not the best wording. It’s close to 7.30pm but also before it. 
  • Hold on, did I miss the news that Latrine was back at SL sorting paperwork and that!
  • Presumably, it was literally on the deadline.
    The FA saying we were too late & CAFC saying we weren't.
    Possibly, taking legal advice.
  • Leuth said:
    "We need toner!"

"What do you mean, he just signed?"

"What, no, toner!"

"HE JUST SIGNED!"

"No, TONER!"

"Shit, should I go and chase him?"

I tried, but they quoted £4,000,000 and the chairman was too forthcoming on social media, huh?
  • Mind you it could have been done today if Hemed was released by Brighton.
    Possibly Cadiz have now come into the equation. as they realise the transfer hasn't gone through (as yet).
  • If it were close to the deadline and our fax said 4.59pm when sent whilst theirs said 5.01pm when it was received, could be something simple like that.

does beg the question as to why in this day and age they still use faxes.
  • If it were close to the deadline and our fax said 4.59pm when sent whilst theirs said 5.01pm when it was received, could be something simple like that.

does beg the question as to why in this day and age they still use faxes.
    Yes, that's my thinking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Next week?!

Wtf are the FA doing? 
    It's Friday and the staff went home at 5 o'clock.

• Presumably, it was literally on the deadline.
    The FA saying we were too late & CAFC saying we weren't.
    Possibly, taking legal advice.
    Similar thing happened last season with Leicester and Adrien Silva. Leicester submitted paperwork before the deadline but it was received after the deadline. In the end FIFA ruled that it's when the paperwork is received and Leicester missed out on signing him by FOURTEEN SECONDS.

He had to sit around until January until he could play for them.
  • Nice to know its a permanent deal though
  • Faxes are no longer used when submitting documentation. It is computer based.
    Surely just a case of checking the time the email came through then and ensuring all Documentation is there

Cant be that hard?
  • need 'Toner' in the FA printer .. the Hemed paperwork came through all blurred and fuzzy
  • RedChaser said:
    Next week?!

Wtf are the FA doing? 
    What they usually do F... all.
    Don't forget it was also POETS day today...........P*ss Off Early Tomorrow's Saturday 😏

There was a young lady from Crewe,

Next line please

Whose limericks stopped at line two. 😜
    Surely just a case of checking the time the email came through then and ensuring all Documentation is there

Cant be that hard?
    You might be surprised. 

Sometimes when I send / receive work emails there can be a very slight difference in times e.g a work colleague i'm sitting next to has to email me something and it can be time stamped a minute into the future as the time sent e.g 5:00pm even if it says 4:59pm on my computer and we're connected to the same network.

Another scenario could be it may have taken a few mins for the email to go through especially if attachments are sent. Again the email sent may say 4:59pm but the email received may say 5:02pm for example.

I accept the chances of this are very slim, but there must be something being disputed for it to not already be resolved.

Cant be that hard?
    I accept the chances of this are very slim, but there must be something being disputed for it to not already be resolved.
    Or they have dozens of transfers to work through and approve and they do it in sequence as received.  So, because the paperwork was so late, we are still in the pile - so to speak...
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc-west said:
    Faxes are no longer used when submitting documentation. It is computer based.

Cant be that hard?
    Or they have dozens of transfers to work through and approve and they do it in sequence as received.  So, because the paperwork was so late, we are still in the pile - so to speak...
    Possible but pretty sure Sky Sports News last night reported there were 6 deals involving Premier League teams that had applied to go beyond 5pm, added to that they've had a whole working day to process any late deals.
  • So does the paperwork need to be sent by the club or received by the FA before 5pm, or both?
  • Sounds like Brighton didn't release him, we bought him from them. Otherwise the question would have been had Brighton terminated his contract before 5pm.
  • Scoham said:
    So does the paperwork need to be sent by the club or received by the FA before 5pm, or both?
    I don't know for sure but would've thought it would be when paperwork is sent. If the club has completed everything their end and it's before 5pm then what more can they do. 
  • Talal said:
    Scoham said:
    So does the paperwork need to be sent by the club or received by the FA before 5pm, or both?
    I don't know for sure but would've thought it would be when paperwork is sent. If the club has completed everything their end and it's before 5pm then what more can they do. 
    My understanding is the papers we’re submitted a a minute or two after 5pm. Unsure if the FA give any grace on that. 
  • Bubble said:
    Talal said:
    Scoham said:
    My understanding is the papers we’re submitted a a minute or two after 5pm. Unsure if the FA give any grace on that. 
    I very much doubt it 
  • Bubble said:
    Talal said:
    Scoham said:
    Where have you got that from? If it was clearly after 5pm then I would've thought it would have been rejected already. 
  • edited August 2019
    Bubble said:
    Talal said:
    Scoham said:
    Doesn't auger well if so because Leicester were gonged out for being only 14 seconds late previously. https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/11022890/leicesters-adrien-silva-transfer-in-question-after-papers-arrived-14-seconds-late
  • Wouldn't be a Duchatelet transfer window without something going awry and leaving us a striker short! Ah well
  • Think its quite funny that Hemed is listed on the back of the programme tomorrow....  They must have been confident of getting him - who knows what the hold up was...