Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Tomer Hemed (p47 gone to New Zealand) ++

Comments

• Options
    another lil story hot from the press .. I travelled back on the bus with a chap who was talking with a member of the comms team .. latest theory ? .. we were 35 seconds (go on count 'em) late in the arrival of the paperwork at the FA end
  • Options
    another lil story hot from the press .. I travelled back on the bus with a chap who was talking with a member of the comms team .. latest theory ? .. we were 35 seconds (go on count 'em) late in the arrival of the paperwork at the FA end
    We were late. Very much doubt Hemed will be our player.
  • Options
    We were late. Very much doubt Hemed will be our player.
    it's being appealed .. as mentioned above somewhere, a decision will be made on Monday .. we all hope, one way or 'tother
  • Options
    Late is late whether it's a second or more so looks like we need to forget about it for now. Hopefully can revisit in January if we've got anything left in the pot. 
  • Options
    Who amongst us has not had that dreaded message that Windows needs to shut down to complete the update? Maybe someone pushed the OK button rather than the postpone button for the 6th time that day?

Sue Bill Gates I say. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Talal said:
    Late is late whether it's a second or more so looks like we need to forget about it for now. Hopefully can revisit in January if we've got anything left in the pot. 
    Based on the Silva to Leicester 14 seconds late ruling he will be a Charlton player if he was signed on a permanent and money has changed hands but won't be able to play until the next transfer window opens in January.
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11712/11191426/adrien-silva-completes-leicester-move-four-months-after-agreeing-deal
  • Options
    A near miss is as good as a mile ... as my dear old mum used to say.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Talal said:
    Based on the Silva to Leicester 14 seconds late ruling he will be a Charlton player if he was signed on a permanent and money has changed hands but won't be able to play until the next transfer window opens in January.
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11712/11191426/adrien-silva-completes-leicester-move-four-months-after-agreeing-deal
    Perfectly timed to be Lyle's replacement then... :-)
  • Options
    Let's hope we can prove we hit the send button before the deadline and that's enough for them to say yes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Talal said:
    Gotta feel for the player in that case, no football for 6 months. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Like I said earlier in the thread it might actually come down to the email or whatever being sent on time our side at 16:59 but not actually arriving with the FA until gone 17:00

It would sound like we're appealing we sent it before 17:00 even if it arrived after 17:00 but I have no idea on the rules and just speculating.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    RedChaser said:
    Talal said:
    Gotta feel for the player in that case, no football for 6 months. 
    If we have bought him,couldn't we loan him to a Lg 1 team or abroad till Jan...?
  • Options
    If he is now out of contract cant we now sign him outside of the window?
  • Options
    Not a clever scenario if we secure a player that we can't play and pay weekly wages till January for such a privilege. 

Don't let the deadline day of excitement get to you, as we all know the situation we are in!
  • Options
    Halix said:
    He isn't out of contract, they activated a years extension
  • Options
    Haven’t we actually signed him though? Just may not have registered him in time to play before January.
  • Options
    He's definitely our player, it's just whether he can play now or we have to wait until January. 

I get the rules are the rules, but how can it be beneficial to the player to have to wait 5 months to play competitive football. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    “As it stands today it is 50-50 but we say that we put it through on time,” said Addicks boss Bowyer. “So, hopefully the right decision gets made.

https://t.co/b8FcDWzxkn

• Options
    Hemed’s song is going to be 
    96 Tears by The Stranglers or It’s Too Late by Carole King. 

Pity. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What I don't get is if we bid for a player in September, that player would be eligible for the selling club until January and then become our player in January. Surely if you miss the deadline then it becomes the same as that and the player is eligible for the selling club until their registration can be complete?
  • Options
    Hemed’s song is going to be 
    96 Tears by The Stranglers or It’s Too Late by Carole King. 

Pity. 
    The stranglers?

? And the Mysterions
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Halix said:
    He isn't out of contract, they activated a years extension
    Bastards! thats it, I’m going back down there, and taking out their other pier!!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    If it is a time issue I assume we can prove we sent the application ‘before’ the 5.00pm deadline?
    That being the case, we performed the procedure correctly, we cannot be held responsible for any time lag (no matter how long the time lag was), between pressing send and the email hitting The FA’s inbox.
    Can anyone shed anymore light regarding the legality of this phenomenon as it must occur time and again every day in all sorts of dealings and scenarios the world over. 
    So, is it time sent on hitting send or time received in the recipients inbox that is considered to be the legally binding scenario?
    I would have thought it was the former.
  • Options
    If we have signed him but can't play him, that's fine loan him to a European club until January
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    cfgs said:
    If we have signed him but can't play him, that's fine loan him to a European club until January
    St Truiden!  :#
  • Options
    What I don't get is if we bid for a player in September, that player would be eligible for the selling club until January and then become our player in January. Surely if you miss the deadline then it becomes the same as that and the player is eligible for the selling club until their registration can be complete?
    I would guess because player registration is different from contractual commitment. We can take over a contract at any time I think (there is just no obvious reason to do it early); they just can't play until the window opens.

I can see a Roland meltdown statement coming if we are paying a player we can't play.
    Thanks for that, makes sense. As cfgs says, at least we have the option of loaning him out. 
  • Options
    He's definitely our player, it's just whether he can play now or we have to wait until January. 

I get the rules are the rules, but how can it be beneficial to the player to have to wait 5 months to play competitive football. 
    If that’s the case, is he training with us? (Not digging, genuinely don’t know) 
  • Options

If that’s the case, is he training with us? (Not digging, genuinely don’t know) 
    got no idea to be honest, tomorrow might tell us that.