Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Tomer Hemed (p47 gone to New Zealand) ++

Comments

• Options
    All this just shows what a bonkers idea transfer "windows" are. I say we should just go back to how it used to be & be able to sign players when you wanted.....whether it was July, September or March. 

Bloody stupid system. 
  • Options
    All this just shows what a bonkers idea transfer "windows" are. I say we should just go back to how it used to be & be able to sign players when you wanted.....whether it was July, September or March. 

Bloody stupid system. 
    Yeah because that wouldn't be disruptive at all would it... 

Stupid idea. 
    Very as even then there was a deadline.
  • Options
    FA not going to entertain any version of the facts but their own regardless of weight of evidence.  They have form for twisting the knife when Charlton has the impudence to challenge anything.
    really tough on whichever inhumanly overworked CAFC operative was at the keyboard trying to send the email at 16:59
    There’s really no good way this can be dressed up, somebody dropped a bollock somewhere.
    Roly will have one of his super special toddler meltdowns with attendant website diatribe farticles when he eventually realises Tomer H is costing him €€€’s without being eligible.
    Chances of good news on this one?  Slim to feint. 
  • Options
    Fully expecting Roland to appear on Jim White's show to demand that the FA buy Charlton.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Fully expecting Roland to appear on Jim White's show to demand that the FA buy Charlton.
    Maybe he’ll demand that Jim buys us. 
  • Options
    Told yesterday problem was at Brighton end, whatever it is I am sure will come out tomorrow.
  • Options
    Surely all Brighton need to do is release him.... then we can get him outside of the transfer window. And then in Jan, pre agree to extend Kayals loan till the end of the season with a loan fee equal to what Hemed was worth. Job done! 
  • Options
    A near miss is as good as a mile ... as my dear old mum used to say.
    we must've had the same mum .. hello bro ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Surely all Brighton need to do is release him.... then we can get him outside of the transfer window. And then in Jan, pre agree to extend Kayals loan till the end of the season with a loan fee equal to what Hemed was worth. Job done! 
    Would’ve had to be released prior to transfer window closing for us to sign and play him
  • Options

Bloody stupid system. 
    It may well be a stupid system but what you are suggesting is even more stupid.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Problem there Damo is that something else “has most likely” already been done or not done making that impossible.
  • Options
    If you have signed a player, surely the authorities wouldn't want to stop him being able to play for months!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    If you have signed a player, surely the authorities wouldn't want to stop him being able to play for months!
    If you have rules, surely the clubs should be required to act within them and for the authorities to administer them.
  • Options
    ... really tough on whichever inhumanly overworked CAFC operative was at the keyboard trying to send the email at 16:59
    There’s really no good way this can be dressed up, somebody dropped a bollock somewhere.
    Roly will have one of his super special toddler meltdowns with attendant website diatribe farticles when he eventually realises Tomer H is costing him €€€’s without being eligible.
    Chances of good news on this one?  Slim to feint. 
    Just a thought, but did this signing need approval from another Tom?  (Thinking of Dreisen, not Atkins!)
    If so, might that have been the delay?
  • Options
    Yes, but I can understand the FA saying he is still a Brighton player, but saying he is a Charlton player, but we are going to stop him playing is something else.
  • Options
    Given the precedent set with Adrien Silva, the only chance we have is if we sent it before 5 and it arrived after. Even then it's a grey area 
  • Options
    It's a deadline, no a guild line. 

If the deadline is 17:00, it's not 17:01 or 17:05.

Didn't leicester fight it all the way to court last summer and were 14 seconds late, a were stuck with a player who couldn't play.

One thing that isn't clear is if we have bought the player, but can't play him, can we loan or even sell him to someone who's window is still open? 
  • Options
    It all depends if the deadline was drawn by a VAR operative. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Didn't leicester fight it all the way to court last summer and were 14 seconds late, a were stuck with a player who couldn't play.

One thing that isn't clear is if we have bought the player, but can't play him, can we loan or even sell him to someone who's window is still open? 

If we've bought him but it was past the deadline, surely we haven't bought him and his registration stays with Brighton? Or have we bought him, but we just can't play him?
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

If we've bought him but it was past the deadline, surely we haven't bought him and his registration stays with Brighton? Or have we bought him, but we just can't play him?
    Your last sentence would be the correct one..........unfortunately.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    The situation is i believe that we have submitted the paperwork so he's our player but his registration missed the deadline, we could loan him out to League 1 if we want him to stay sharp.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The rules are i believe that we have submitted the paperwork so he's our player but his registration missed the deadline, we could loan him out to League 1 if we want him to stay sharp.
    Doubt he’s going to want to play League 1. More likely to be go abroad I reckon. 
  • Options
    If they turn it down does that mean we have him in January or is the deal null and void and he is a Brighton player now?
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    If they turn it down does that mean we have him in January or is the deal null and void and he is a Brighton player now?
    I would have thought we would want the deal to just roll in to Jan..... we will need a striker anyway. And we wanted him anyway. That’s one less thing for Bow and Gallen to think about in 4 and a bit months time 
  • Options
    "announced in the morning"

Ha ha

pride cometh before a fall
    Be fair, you said this - "We're still after an out of contract full back I'm told on top of the two Israelis which are done". 

Not exactly accurate yourself. 
    Very true but I'm not claiming to be the only person on CL with an impeccable horses mouth source. As it happens we both had the same source so we were both wrong but I didn't feel the need to over egg the cake with "announced in the morning".

No over egging here lemon - its what I was told and I didn't choose to try and score points out of it the following day. In fact, so sure was my source that it was done that Toner Hemed was in the squad on the back of the programme. No wonder there are people unwilling to pass on information they are told when there are people like you about.  
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The rules are i believe that we have submitted the paperwork so he's our player but his registration missed the deadline, we could loan him out to League 1 if we want him to stay sharp.
    Doubt he’s going to want to play League 1. More likely to be go abroad I reckon. 
    Lend him to Accrington would be a good shout.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    I would have thought we would want the deal to just roll in to Jan..... we will need a striker anyway. And we wanted him anyway. That’s one less thing for Bow and Gallen to think about in 4 and a bit months time 
    think we have signed him, it's just the registration that's the issue.