Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leeds at the Valley .. Tickets on Sale

Comments

• So cutting to the chase.......until now, approximately how many tickets have been sold to Leeds fans in the home areas.......and can we now put a stop to the situation or has a potentially serious situation already been created?

Until the day, it'll be impossible to know how many have ended up with Leeds fans.
    Not entirely true as the club should be able to identify anyone who has bought for the match who didn't previously have a CAFC account/ loyalty points.

Don't know what they then do about it, though. 
    I take your point but it does not make it certain that they are Leeds fans.
  • So cutting to the chase.......until now, approximately how many tickets have been sold to Leeds fans in the home areas.......and can we now put a stop to the situation or has a potentially serious situation already been created?

Until the day, it'll be impossible to know how many have ended up with Leeds fans.
    Not entirely true as the club should be able to identify anyone who has bought for the match who didn't previously have a CAFC account/ loyalty points.

No but the club could send them a communication pointing out the consequences if they are.

No but the club could send them a communication pointing out the consequences if they are.
    Away fans in the home end is no big deal to me.

Of course they need to behave and try and not make it known they do not support the other team.

How far do you take it? Do we not allow nuetrals in?
  • Surely you know the difference between the two, how we police it is another matter.

Of course they need to behave and try and not make it known they do not support the other team.

Agree. What about all the foreign visitors we now get at The Valley? It's highly likely that a number of them will be following Leeds as their English team, in the same way I follow Hamburg as my German team.

I've often stood or sat in with home fans and never had a problem because I'm able to just watch the match. Best one was Millwall in the snow....stood behind the home goal where we scored the two goals and Huddersfield away at Leeds Road, stood on the big side terrace for a better view when we won 2-0 (Flanagan and Curbishley). Also been in with Werder Bremen fans v Hamburg.

• Simonsen said:
    So cutting to the chase.......until now, approximately how many tickets have been sold to Leeds fans in the home areas.......and can we now put a stop to the situation or has a potentially serious situation already been created?

Agree. What about all the foreign visitors we now get at The Valley? It's highly likely that a number of them will be following Leeds as their English team, in the same way I follow Hamburg as my German team.

I've often stood or sat in with home fans and never had a problem because I'm able to just watch the match. Best one was Millwall in the snow....stood behind the home goal where we scored the two goals and Huddersfield away at Leeds Road, stood on the big side terrace for a better view when we won 2-0 (Flanagan and Curbishley). Also been in with Werder Bremen fans v Hamburg.

I've also seen quite a few games from the 'hostile' end .. other than a couple of cases, Forest and 'Boro, where my enthusiasm exposed me as an interloper with the odd 'yes', 'get in' or often 'noooooo' (lol) and subsequent 'who the fuck are yous' etc. in response, I have had no problem. The key is to keep a sense of humour and not take too much verbal stick without retaliating .. VERY few average fans in a crowd really want a ruck.
  • Just bought two tickets.
  • edited September 2019
    Just bought two tickets.
    For you and your whippet eh?

"Security!"
  • Sponsored links:

• Simonsen said:
    So cutting to the chase.......until now, approximately how many tickets have been sold to Leeds fans in the home areas.......and can we now put a stop to the situation or has a potentially serious situation already been created?

I've also seen quite a few games from the 'hostile' end .. other than a couple of cases, Forest and 'Boro, where my enthusiasm exposed me as an interloper with the odd 'yes', 'get in' or often 'noooooo' (lol) and subsequent 'who the fuck are yous' etc. in response, I have had no problem. The key is to keep a sense of humour and not take too much verbal stick without retaliating .. VERY few average fans in a crowd really want a ruck.
    100%
  • When me and my son could only get tickets in the west ham section at upton park a grim silence was not enough we had to feign misery and anger when charlton scored as all the neanderthols were apopleptic with rage and just staying quiet wasnt going to cut it.
  • Clearly there are some people who haven’t been along to the Valley lately. Any Leeds fan sitting in a home stand is going to have a miserable afternoon watching us play and listening to everybody around them singing, clapping, chanting and cheering for 96 minutes, probably even more so if they realise there are people close by that aren’t joining in.
  • Looks like sales have continued to be strong since going on restricted sale; another 550 look to have sold since Friday, approx 3,000 ticket sales all in.   
  • Just over 6,000 tickets left available.
  • Addickted said:
    Just over 6,000 tickets left available.
    Addickted said:
    Just over 6,000 tickets left available.

surprised it's that many
  • leeds are probably one of the biggest/most famous sides in this league so that factors in aswell, as in previous season our "big" game has been the gypos from down the road, a lot stay away from millwall matches because of trouble. so this is probably the 2nd biggest home game of season
  • 6047 tickets left.
  • 6047 tickets left.
    That's approx 16,000 home tickets sold then?
  • Sponsored links:

• 6047 tickets left.
    Closer to 15,000 I'd say (with the 3,000 blocked seats).
  • 6047 tickets left.
    Closer to 15,000 I'd say (with the 3,000 blocked seats).
    Didn't realise that the blocked out seats were that many.
  • If and its a big if, we get 6 points next two games this could be 24,000
  • 5,830 still available.

Getting closer to 19,000 now with still over two weeks to go. Starting to look like we could break 20k for this game.
  • Leeds tickets only going on sale for their fans this Friday.  Seems late to me. 
  • Addickted said:
    5,830 still available.

Getting closer to 19,000 now with still over two weeks to go. Starting to look like we could break 20k for this game.
    Target 20k finally going to be achieved. Katrien will be looking on with pride....
  • Curb_It said:
    Leeds tickets only going on sale for their fans this Friday.  Seems late to me. 
    That is the extra 2,000 they have been given.
  • Down to 5,627 available seats left.

Another 500 sold in the last 3 days.

Sales are remaining steady, 1621 sold in last 10 days.

3,500+ ticket sales in total now

• edited September 2019

Down to 5,627 available seats left.

Another 500 sold in the last 3 days.

Sales are remaining steady, 1621 sold in last 10 days.

3,500+ ticket sales in total now

So nearly 19,000 sold, home & away (assuming Leeds sold out).
    Looking like consecutive 20,000+ attendances.
  • Bielsa runs in the 6f sprint at Doncaster 1.50 today .. tough ask for an old chap