Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

WTF is going on at West Brom

edited October 2019 in General Charlton
Kettled at Moor Street. Ive got an sick wife I’m teying to get home to and they are trying to sendme ti Marylebone 

Comments

• edited October 2019

• Is it to do with the flooding on lots of the railway lines? Lots of lines closed but not sure if this one is.

Flooding is affecting a number of routes in Wales, the Midlands and North of England

Find out more

Train companies affected: CrossCountry, East Midlands Railway, LNER, London Northwestern Railway, Merseyrail, Northern, TransPennine Express, Transport for Wales, Virgin Trains,

Flooding is affecting some services in England and Wales

• Ridiculous scenario. Got shoved on a train to moor Street from the hawthorns. Not allowed to leave Moor Street on arrival. No communication from anyone. Asked a copper what is going on. Was told I had to get on a train to Marylebone. Told him I can't, I'm booked on Virgin train from New Street. He tells me that the train from here goes to London. I said but my train is booked from New Street and it is with Virgin trains. He then sees I'm with 2 kids and so I think decides I can leave via the lift on the quiet. Meanwhile people downstairs left on platform. One bloke lost the plot and then got man handled a bit. No idea why it was happening to be honest, but we seem to luckily have got out of it and now at New Street. Pity the poor buggers still stuck there. 
  • A bit of a shambles really. Not allowing people off at Snow Hill unless they were locals, leading to several minutes of arguments. Then a scrum at Moor Street with all the Charlton fans going one way when the exit at the back was completely empty.
  • timken said:
    Cataddick. If you have a sick wife at home you shouldn't have gone to West brom in the first place you muppet 
    I know what you’re saying but she said it was ok to go cos I was on a booked train with a known arrival time.  Absolutely shocking policing
  • What happened at HT with our lot kicking off with the stewards and old bill?
  • Sponsored links:

• CatAddick, hope you are on your way home safely now?
  • Virgin trains - Stafford, might affect train availability coming down to Birmingham.
    Flooding on the main railway line in Staffordshire
  • CatAddick, hope you are on your way home safely now?
    If you’re his wife, he’s in the pub
    No just a caring, fellow addick!
  • MrWalker said:
    Virgin trains - Stafford, might affect train availability coming down to Birmingham.
    Pffft - Train Companies will use any old excuse to cancel services!!

Just stick flippers on the wheels

Surprised there arent three blokes in high vis jackets looking closely at the puddle of water
  • MrWalker said:
    Virgin trains - Stafford, might affect train availability coming down to Birmingham.
    That's why my son missed the game, got as far as Macclesfield from our local station and no further. He was gutted
  • CatAddick said:
    timken said:
    Cataddick. If you have a sick wife at home you shouldn't have gone to West brom in the first place you muppet 
    I know what you’re saying but she said it was ok to go cos I was on a booked train with a known arrival time.  Absolutely shocking policing
    She's a police officer?
  • Sponsored links:

• Little bit of advice @timken the wise approach is never to comment on people’s personal situations unless invited to. 

Hope me all ok with you and your wife @CatAddick

• Names and address taken of everyone one train. Welcome to the free west 
  • CatAddick said:
    Names and address taken of everyone one train. Welcome to the free west 
    So they can arrange cabs when you get back to London? :wink:
  • CatAddick said:
    Names and address taken of everyone one train. Welcome to the free west 
    Really? What did they give as a reason?
  • Hope you are home safely to your wife.
  •  officer ‘beaten up’ apparently