Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England cricket winter tour

Comments

• Denly out for 74. Undone by the second new ball. :-(
  • Leuth said:
    And now, on the other channel, some cricket that doesn't feature England...but seems like it might be a little more action-packed. Starc bowling at Pakistan's mercurial batsmen...
    What channel is that on please , couldn’t find it on Sky go 

It's on BT Sport 2
  • Stumps day one. Excellent day of Test cricket.

241-4

Stokes 67
    Pope 18
  • edited November 2019
    Good start. Need to make it count and get 400 now though. 

From watching their bowlers get absolutely no swing even with the new ball despite Boult and Southee being swing bowlers and experienced ones at that. I am slightly worries that Sam was the wrong call for this match. Everyone was expecting it to swing but if it's not then Woakes also a swing bowlers but offers a bit more than Sam. 
  • Watched the first couple of hours & then caught up this morning.

Really pleased for "our" Joe, as well as good innings from Rory & Ben.

And the other Joe certainly loves batting at 4....:-)
  • Joe Root appears to be trying to turn himself into a clone of Steve Smith with more moving parts than a Victorian timepiece! His game used to be successfully simple but I fear he is over complicating it now.
  • There's been a few pitches recently, that have looked poor but played well, so you never know.

You were spot on there.
  • Clearly a more methodical approach to shot selection from the England team under the new coach. Interesting 

Slow going, but they've set themselves up nicely for a good total 
  • Leuth said:
    It's amazing how wide Test bowlers can bowl without umpires calling them. If I ran the ICC that'd be close to the first thing I changed
    If you ever run the ICC I will eat my sons cricket bat, helmet, pads, gloves. 
  • Leuth said:
    It's amazing how wide Test bowlers can bowl without umpires calling them. If I ran the ICC that'd be close to the first thing I changed
    Let's not go down that road mate...
  • Sponsored links:

• It is rubbish cricket but, in the UAE T10 comp, QR are 113-6 off 8.1 overs of which Tom Banton made 80 off 28 balls
  • Saw one the other night and someone got 91 off about 32 balls.

• It is rubbish cricket but, in the UAE T10 comp, QR are 113-6 off 8.1 overs of which Tom Banton made 80 off 28 balls
    I actually prefer this to the 100. Least it makes sense as a format of cricket
  • Lendl Simmons was on 70 off 33 balls at the start of the 9th over. Following 5 dots balls he was bowled off the final delivery!
  • @cantersaddick me too. I think it was Zampa the other day that said t20 tends to drag a little. I kind of agree with that and by over 13/14 you feel both sides have got into a groove and the repetitiveness of every cricket format starts to creep in. In a way I can understand the hundred knocking off 2/3 overs worth of time for that. But I think t10 could be really interesting and might end up being the dominant even shorter format of the game. 
  • @cantersaddick me too. I think it was Zampa the other day that said t20 tends to drag a little. I kind of agree with that and by over 13/14 you feel both sides have got into a groove and the repetitiveness of every cricket format starts to creep in. In a way I can understand the hundred knocking off 2/3 overs worth of time for that. But I think t10 could be really interesting and might end up being the dominant even shorter format of the game. 
    That is absolutely not what I'm saying. I think T20 is the perfect short format. Just long enough to allow the game to ebb and flow both ways rather than the team that gets its nose ahead wins, although there are enough games that are one sided. 

My point was that if you have decided to market a shorter form of the game it should be the T10 or T12 T15 whatever. But at least it is fundamentally cricket.

And as I type this Pope uses the review system well.
  • Pope looks much improved - really like the look of him.

I like the way he looks to get his weight into the ball. Head straight over the front knee and near the ball. As KP used to say "kiss the ball". 

Exciting.
  • Stokes is absolutely class.
  • Stokes looking very comfortable this morning. 

The fact the NZ used CDG from the start while the ball was  still reasonably new smacks  of desperation a little. I know he took 2 yesterday but he is not the man you use with the newish  ball.
  • What a catch by Taylor!
  • Sponsored links:

• Very enjoyable watching England batting properly in a Test. We haven't seen this for years. There has to be a possibility this could go to 5 days! 
  • Fuckin typical. I do it every time. 
  • edited November 2019
    Wow. Thought he was on for a ton there
  • Stokes out 91.
  • Stokes is absolutely class.
    Stokes looking very comfortable this morning. 

The fact the NZ used CDG from the start while the ball was  still reasonably new smacks  of desperation a little. I know he took 2 yesterday but he is not the man you use with the newish  ball.
    Stokes caught Addickted2TheReds bowled cantersaddick
    My bad.
  • We were playing much better last night when none of you were watching....... :-)
  • A2TR getting more wickets tonight than over the course of an average club season