Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Southall Tweets

Comments

• Options
    In terms of qualifications he has an MBA so that box is ticked.

He's run businesses before.

He's worked in football and negotiated deals so has some relevant experience.

He also has Heller and the rest of the ADBD crew to help him.

Whether he's any good long term only time will tell.

22 optimistic likes for this post. 
    Sad reading this thread to see the optimism fading away. 
  • Options
    I have to say this is not how I imagined this thread going when I started it.
  • Options
    Wow, this thread is like comedy gold. Please remember it when voting for thread of the year.
  • Options
    The best bit of business we will do this window, is that a secret way of saying there wont be any marquee signings in January haha
    Yes it was!
  • Options
    Hmmm, quite a few people on here should probably be apologising to @BenHaimandBikey right about now.
    Yep fair play , he called it 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    So far MS has done well in terms of connecting with the fans and that is both welcome and needed.

There are legitimate questions and concerns about the split in ownership of the club and the ground and other issues (see the "Who owns the Valley?" thread for a more in-depth debate) but it's too early to say IMHO either that everything is brilliant, we've got our Charlton back or to say MS is a chancer and we're all doomed.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating and they've only just stuck it in the oven.
    THIS. Couldn't agree more. We will be much more able to judge in August.
    August seems like a hell of a long way off right now!
  • Options
    Why would you start your opinion of someone by not liking them? 

I like everyone until i have a reason to think otherwise.
    That’s where I differ , everyone’s a c**t till proven otherwise 

You’re a positive person and I’m a negative miserable old c**t 
    To be fair, this post needs a lot more than just 31 lols
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Some will find it cringey but I like it. 

For what it’s worth i think Southall has landed right on his feet. No way is he qualified to run a Championship club. Katrien was the same and it ended badly. However, I think this will be different because Katrien was up her own arse and couldn’t connect with the fans. As long as you keep us in mind you’re half way there. 
    You said it, many of us thought it and we were all wrong...

I do have one thought... I hope it's wrong because of how he treated Tracey, Mick, Chris and Olly, but what if Southall didn't do anything wrong... 

I feel dirty just thinking it... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited April 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Some will find it cringey but I like it. 

For what it’s worth i think Southall has landed right on his feet. No way is he qualified to run a Championship club. Katrien was the same and it ended badly. However, I think this will be different because Katrien was up her own arse and couldn’t connect with the fans. As long as you keep us in mind you’re half way there. 
    You said it, many of us thought it and we were all wrong...

I do have one thought... I hope it's wrong because of how he treated Tracey, Chris and Olly, but what if Southall didn't do anything wrong... 

I feel dirty just thinking it... 
    do you know what, all through this I’ve held back on criticism of him and Nimer, especially on Twitter where MS is concerned, because I believe none of us have the full facts of who did what and when, to clarify, in terms of the deal to buy the club, not what has happened since, not even Chris, Tracey or Olly.
    Currently, my thinking is that MS was way over his head, made mistakes, but they are not the same as doing anything illegal, (edit: I have been contacted by a very reliable source that there is plenty of evidence of alleged illegal behaviour, no, I won’t say whom) and Nimer is keeping a secret about funding from all of us and it’s sourcing, my thought is that it’s royal money and he is currently trying to reverse engineer a paper trail to get around EFL rules, but in reality, these are just thoughts and not concrete beliefs 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I'm willing to say that in my opinion Southall and His Mediocrity Nimer are both tossers of the highest order.
  • Options
    There doesn't always have to be 1 right and 1 wrong. 
  • Options
    I think the reality is that they are both wrong'uns and we ideally need to be shot of both of them. 
    They've both spun lies and acted inappropriately.  
    Unless someone comes up with some money in double quick time our chances of surviving are pretty grim.  At the moment Southall and Nimer are playing power games whilst the club is being suffocated to death. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    What about club money paid to his wife's business? Don't see how that can be legit. 
    What if Nimer sanctioned it? Allegedly Tracey found the apartment by the Thames for Nimer. What if Matt's wife was going to re-decorate it for Tahnoon?

All speculation but this shit is all so bananas that it sends you mad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc999 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Talal said:
    What about club money paid to his wife's business? Don't see how that can be legit. 
    What if Nimer sanctioned it? Allegedly Tracey found the apartment by the Thames for Nimer. What if Matt's wife was going to re-decorate it for Tahnoon?

All speculation but this shit is all so bananas that it sends you mad.
    Still not buying that the flat was for Nimer when he comes over as when he did come over he stayed at a hotel at the O2. Also, why would you sign up for a 3 year lease when you was only going to come over every few months for a weekend? It doesn't explain why MS and his wife were living in it too. 

2 year lease, but the same applies!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Yes! 👆

Never been a massive fan of shallow lifestyle chasers. Money can’t buy class, or a soul. 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    seth plum said:
    Matt Southall, leaving aside any other players in this Drama, has overseen milking the club of anywhere between 1.5 and 3 million desperately needed pounds.
    And for what?
    No way on earth under any parameter is that money justified (although it has been justified by his partner because she says they're all at it!!!!).
    All that money for what?
    Matt Southall, his partner, his father in law, his shady associates, all of them deserve to be hounded to the ends of the earth for all time for as long as the joy of supporting Charlton Athletic is remembered by anybody.
    Hounded to the ends of the earth for all time.
    There are enough of us to do that.
    (Within the rule of law naturally, but if anybody strays from that path any consequences can be factored in).

1000% !   He lied from day 1.   In it for himself.  At no other time in his life has he earned £200k a year, plus consultancy fees, plus use of new Range Rover, plus luxury London flat, PLUS consultancy fees and money for his wife!

He got caught out because the £5m didn't turn up!  

And he thinks he can do it all again with new mugs, I mean Investors.

• Options
    Bell ends like Nads sum Southall up!

• Options
    Glad nobody seems to have zoomed (whatever that means) with this bastard.