Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Coronavirus - it's not all "bad news"

Comments

• Moving guitar tribute over the deserted Piazza Navona in Rome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPG4GNoWcFs
  • edited April 2020
    In other news, my street’s WhatsApp group ran a virtual Grand National sweepstake today.
    Over half of the houses entered.
    Good crack. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    In other news, my street’s WhatsApp group ran a virtual Grand National sweepstake today.
    Good crack. 
    Did you win or has your horse been removed to the virtual glue factory?
  • Went for a long walk today, and came across several groups of people. Said hello and they all responded rather than look at me like I had Covid!
  • edited April 2020
    It followed on from a comment by Arsentatters on this thread, who I believe mentioned the broadcast a couple of times once on this thread and once on another.
  • iaitch said:
    Today we’d have lost to Millwall and my weekend would have been ruined.

Instead, there’s no defeat and the sun is shining.

Lockdown wins. 
    The defeat has been deferred to later in the year.
    More like 2021
  • clb74 said:
    Blimey.
    Only another 6 weeks of lockdown.

Got my supplies in to keep me going. 

• I'm actually interested in some of the effects of this, for example is this going to fast track the end of cash? change of attitude to public sector workers? 
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Good crack. 
    Did you win or has your horse been removed to the virtual glue factory?
    I didn’t get a horse as I gave the prizes. Had a bet on Paddy Power though. Came 5th but didn’t bet e/w. Their profit goes to the NHS. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Chaps, move it to a private conversation if you have to, but please stop cluttering this thread with negativity.

In happier news:

Our son born on the 25th, had his weight plummet after birth by more than the caution trigger of 10% in the first week. It was suggested that my better half's stress around Corona Virus had caused her to struggle to produce milk.

He has now benefitted from @Big_Bad_World's generosity in sending some formula our way (locally it's like gold dust especially the newborn stuff), Arthur is now finally back up to higher than his birth weight, coming in at 7lbs 4oz. 

Thumbs up emoji. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    He has now benefitted from @Big_Bad_World's generosity in sending some formula our way (locally it's like gold dust especially the newborn stuff), Arthur is now finally back up to higher than his birth weight, coming in at 7lbs 4oz. 

Are you OK for newborn formula now?

• addix said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Are you OK for newborn formula now?

Yes thank you, BBW sent two cans and we've managed to get a few more tubs from several sources.
  • Congratulations Dazzler. I hope your Mrs is doing OK now, and that everyone's getting enough sleep, even if it's not necessarily at the regular times :-)
  • Hopefully Arthur will grow up in a peaceful, tolerant world, where this dreadful virus is overcome, and we have sensible, trustworthy and comfortably rich owners who run us like the model club we used to be 20 years ago.

I was going to add that we beat Millwall regularly as well, but have to be realistic!
  • @Big_Bad_World Could you do me a favour and name your favourite charity.
  • Sponsored links:

• @Big_Bad_World

A donation has been made with the Jimmy Mizen Foundation @Jimmy

It wasn't much, but it was all I had in my PayPal account.

Good stuff and a very worthy cause.
  • The sheer pleasure of shaving off my covid beard. Beards are intolerable. And I now look ten years younger.
  • IdleHans said:
    The sheer pleasure of shaving off my covid beard. Beards are intolerable. And I now look ten years younger.
    Never new you was a woman  😁
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Chaps, move it to a private conversation if you have to, but please stop cluttering this thread with negativity.

In happier news:

Our son born on the 25th, had his weight plummet after birth by more than the caution trigger of 10% in the first week. It was suggested that my better half's stress around Corona Virus had caused her to struggle to produce milk.

Good on the bairn but I'd like to know why he's in a Leeds Utd onesie and not a CAFC one.
  • IdleHans said:
    The sheer pleasure of shaving off my covid beard. Beards are intolerable. And I now look ten years younger.
    Mine went on Sunday. So much grey. Started to look like Kenny Rogers (before, obviously).