Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coronavirus - it's not all "bad news"

Comments

• Options

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has donated 1m euros (£920,000) to fight the coronavirus outbreak in Spain.

Messi has donated a total of 1m euros to two hospitals, one in Barcelona and the other in his native Argentina.

Ronaldo and his agent Jorge Mendes have donated 1m euros to three intensive care units for patients suffering from coronavirus at hospitals in Lisbon and Porto.

Last week Bayern Munich forward Robert Lewandowski donated 1m euros to help fight the virus in Germany.

Well done to those guys for coughing up. Though in Messi's case, perhaps he should have just paid is taxes in the first place.
  • Options
    Loads of the kids in my road have drawn pictures of rainbows and stuck them in the windows of various houses.  Not sure why or how it started but nice.
    Pride?
  • Options
    Dyson are also in the game of making ventilators now. The BBC have reported that Dyson and Airbus are in the race to make 10,000. Add this to the 8,000 G Tech are looking to make and we have a sliver of hope 
  • Options
    Thanks to the combined effect of CV19 and the crashing price of oil, petrol where I live is the equivalent of 32p a litre. Trouble is I’m hardly using my car at the moment. 
  • Options
    A well-known crossing gets a much needed re-paint, as there's no crowds using it!

• Options
    The clocks go back this weekend, so we'll all get to enjoy an extra hour indoors ....
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    The clocks go back this weekend, so we'll all get to enjoy an extra hour indoors ....
    Actually, the clocks SPRING FORWARD in spring, so you'll just get an hour LESS in bed!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    N01R4M said:
    Off_it said:
    Actually, the clocks SPRING FORWARD in spring, so you'll just get an hour LESS in bed!
    Aw, but that's not as funny!

• Options
    Anyone else noticed there have been far fewer scamming phone calls recently from "Microsoft" wanting to take control of your computer, "BT" saying they're about to close down your broadband connection, an unspecified "bank" saying your plastic has just been used abroad, etc. etc.?  It must be a week since I last received one, and I frequently get several a day.

Maybe their call centre has been infected with Covid-19, and their robots with an equally nasty computer virus?  No complaints from me if that's the case, because they are vermin, preying on the innocent.
  • Options
    It will be an interesting future study - reduction in burglary and street crime, increase in domestics. 
    Lives also being saved through reduced pollution, fewer road traffic casualties.

I wonder if the reductions will be close to matching the death toll from Corona?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

1. UK cyclists warned to follow guidelines or 'lose privilege'

Cyclists in the UK have been warned not to continue riding in groups this weekend - or face having the right to get on their bikes taken away from them.

Pictures showed people across parts of the UK, including many cyclists, visiting parks and open spaces in large numbers last weekend.

"People on bikes were not the only culprits in last weekend's mass dash to the outdoors but, despite strong guidance from ourselves and others, too many chose to ignore the prime minister's instructions on social distancing, continuing to ride in groups and meet in cafes for a mid-ride chat," says British Cycling chief executive Julie Harrington.

"This isn't just irresponsible, it is putting people's lives at risk.

"A repeat of that this weekend risks further Government measures to take away the privilege of riding a bike for all of us and now more than ever, it is not one we can afford to lose."

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Millions of the world’s poorest people will receive over 20 million hygiene and cleaning products, including soap and bleach, from a new campaign by Unilever and the Department for International Development.

Big delivery just arrived at Priestfield stadium. 😉
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Battersea Dogs and Cats Home reported they rehomed more than double the dogs and cats they did over a similar time period last year, and visitors to Pets at Home claimed the shops were running low on hamsters.

Last week, 86 dogs and 69 cats left Battersea for a new life with their owners. During the same week last year, 42 dogs and 29 cats found new homes. Even long-term residents which the shelter had found it hard to re-home were snapped up, with one dog, Tulip, finding a home after 110 days in a kennel.

I hear hamster are very nice baked with lemon and garlic.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Battersea Dogs and Cats Home reported they rehomed more than double the dogs and cats they did over a similar time period last year, and visitors to Pets at Home claimed the shops were running low on hamsters.

Last week, 86 dogs and 69 cats left Battersea for a new life with their owners. During the same week last year, 42 dogs and 29 cats found new homes. Even long-term residents which the shelter had found it hard to re-home were snapped up, with one dog, Tulip, finding a home after 110 days in a kennel.

Not sure what else you’d expect when there’s a bog roll shortage?