Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Refunds on any flights you had

Apologies if this has already been covered, but was wondering how any of you are getting on with refunds for any flights you may have had booked?  

I had 3.  One with EasyJet that I have put in their system for a refund that was early April, waiting to hear back.  Then two with Ryanair, one that I booked via a 3rd party in Lastminute.com

The Lastminute.com one is taking the piss.  Firstly, they email me saying I can get a refund via Ryanair and give me the relevant details to go through on Ryanair’s website, minus the flight reservation number, so I can’t actually complete the form.  I try to ring Ryanair and they say I must go through Lastminute.com.  

Lastminute.com have now sent me a text saying I can have a travel credit for more than my flight was worth, a flight voucher for what my flight was worth, or a refund for £70 when the flight cost me £113 as there is a £26.13 handling fee as per the t&cs (not sure where the other £16 odd quid disappears too).

The other Ryanair flight is also annoying as I got my missus to book it and she has put my email in incorrectly.  Money has come out my account, but I don’t have an email confirmation nor a flight reservation number.  Again, I tried to ring them, but the inept customer services just say they can’t help me without an email confirming the flight booking or the reservation number.

They said ring my bank and the reservation number should appear on my statement, but that’s absolute bollocks as I’ve rang my bank and it’s just a long ARN number and 6 digits that aren’t a flight number 

I know these companies are fighting for their existence at the moment, but it’s very frustrating. 

Comments

• We had return BA flights for Singapore in June, fully refunded very quickly. 

Waiting on situation for SingAir flights, also in June, to Bali, but they are currently only refunding up to 31 May ... will check again this week, but I don’t expect a problem. 
  • I booked flights to India on business through EBookers. Still waiting despite promises of 30 day refunds.
  • On the beach have only refunded me the hotel part of my holiday and are blaming Easyjet for not refunding the flight part. 

However I very strong email to on the beach reminding them that I booked through them so all liability relating to refunds lays with them solely. 

Strangest thing I actually anticipated my holiday being cancelled and originally requested if I could book another holiday In leui but just randomly got email saying holiday cancelled and refund for hotel only was already done 
  • BA have refunded several flights that I had with them over April & May. It was a nightmare contacting them directly but DM’ing them worked really well and I got the money back no problems.
  • The only advice i can offer is don’t book through third parties. The trainline, expedia etc are a nightmare if something goes wrong.
  • I’ve finally managed to apply on-line with EasyJet for refunds on our flights to Jersey over Easter and Benidorm with mates at the end of April. Not holding my breath for the money to come through though.
  • BA refunded ours for June pretty quickly and no hassle.
  • The only advice i can offer is don’t book through third parties. The trainline, expedia etc are a nightmare if something goes wrong.
    Trainline refunded my mates cancelled return train from Cardiff.
    Great Western are refusing to refund me.
    Trainline refunded my mates cancelled return train from Cardiff.
    Great Western are refusing to refund me.
    And CAFC are refusing to refund match tickets.
  • Had two flights booked for the end of march / beginning of April.
    Jet2 refunded with in 5 days of my request to have a refund.
    Easyjet however have been awful, tried every trick in the book to avoid paying out and nigh on impossible to contact. Nearly 3 weeks ago they finally agreed to refund me but nothing in the bank as yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Received an email today from lastminute.com offering a voucher plus £100 extra on a gift card or refund for my holiday to Rome in early April.  Clicked on cash refund then got another email saying they have to claim it off the airline and hotel first so no better off & still waiting! 
  • Was due to fly to Jersey tomorrow with EasyJet. When it became apparent that we wouldn't be going, we put our hotel booking back by a year. We couldn't do the same with he flights though, as the schedules aren't published that far ahead yet. Took the voucher option as we knew we intended flying with them again. Easy.
  • Rang BA Tuesday and funds back on my card today.
  • If you accept a voucher you run the risk of them going bust.
  • edited May 2020
    I had an issue with getting a refund off Easyjet - emailed 
    john.leighton@easyjet.com
    who ended up sorting it

• @cabbles How did you pay? I'm not sure what the situation is with debit cards, but if they cost over £100 and you paid on a credit card, you should be able to go back to your card issuer if you're having no joy with the airline. MoneySavingExpert has a help page for all things travel related to do with covid-19 here: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/02/coronavirus-travel-help-and-your-rights/
  • We are supposed to fly with BA to America in August and it hasn’t been cancelled yet. The problem is the accommodation needs to be cancelled by mid June or we lose the money which is about £3k. The flights were more than double that

at the moment we’ve left it as booked but if i had the chance I’d prefer to just get my money back and we’ll go to Disneyworld for Christmas. 

Just hoping BA don’t go bust with my money
  • Jet 2 made me wait till 2 days before holiday but then refunded in 2 days. I booked with last minute for the hotel and they said they would refund but will take up to 15 days. We are now on day 18. I’ll attempt to call Monday. Won’t book with them again.

BA refunded straight away for late May flights. Not expecting much joy from Ryanair flights for July. 
  • Last week had refunds on flights to Rio with Air Norwegian 
  • Full refunds received from BA, two different trips, didn't even have to contact them - excellent service
  • Sponsored links:

• aliwibble said:
    @cabbles How did you pay? I'm not sure what the situation is with debit cards, but if they cost over £100 and you paid on a credit card, you should be able to go back to your card issuer if you're having no joy with the airline. MoneySavingExpert has a help page for all things travel related to do with covid-19 here: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/02/coronavirus-travel-help-and-your-rights/
    Yes, thanks for that mate.  Debit all 3.

I’m thinking of going directly through my bank for the flights that have come out my account but are dicking me around on and doing it via the consumer credit act.  It’s the sheer belligerence of their people on the phone that annoys me.  They can look up my flight without an email or flight reservation number.  It’s easy.  I know what date I booked the flights for, there’ll have my name in the system and it’s easy.  They just infuriate me.  It’s just piss poor customer service 

@Covered Endsays, take a voucher and they may not even be in business next year.

there are far more pressing problems in the world, this is a first world grumble, but it’s the principle 
  • Virgin were excellent in refunding our flights. Cebu Pacific however first of all said up to two months to refund and now it is at least 4 months (it has been 7 weeks so far)
  • My advice wait the 14 days and then do a chargeback.
    Have waited 53 days for a refund on our cruise, said up to 45 days at first and the  60 days.
    It looks like they haven't refunded anyone yet and will do on day 60.
    What do I then do if not recieved refund on day 61?
    Wait the 14 days and then chargeback at least you know where you are then
  • Too add cabbles said there are more important things going on and in a way his right.
    When you've not had no income for 2 months and 3 firms are messing you about with your money it does become a big deal.
  • clb74 said:
    Too add cabbles said there are more important things going on and in a way his right.
    When you've not had no income for 2 months and 3 firms are messing you about with your money it does become a big deal.
    You are correct mate, certainly wasn’t trivialising others’ losses, more my own.  I know you took a hit on a decent holiday so can understand how frustrating it must be.  Hang on in there and hope it all comes good 
  • Reading this thread, BA have done very well. 
  • We were due to fly to Canada on the 28th May, so far not had a penny back and been offered vouchers which we have refused. It was over £7k so we will wait till nearer the 28th and then ramp up the pressure.
  • We had to come back early from Argentina, Norwegian cancelled our flight home on March 20th said we could have a refund. Refund came through in full this week. Very surprised how quick and easy it was tbf. I've a flight with Ryanair coming up that is most likely going to be cancelled, fairly sure that one will be much harder to get back.
  • clb74 said:
    My advice wait the 14 days and then do a chargeback.
    Have waited 53 days for a refund on our cruise, said up to 45 days at first and the  60 days.
    It looks like they haven't refunded anyone yet and will do on day 60.
    What do I then do if not recieved refund on day 61?
    Wait the 14 days and then chargeback at least you know where you are then
    Did you book with Nimer Cruises?
  • Had return flights to England booked, should have arrived on the 5th May, for 3 of us so it was around £1200, got a full refund. Had booked with AirChina.