Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League table talk

Comments

• Options
    Shock horror Clinton Morrison thinks we'll be the third team to go down on Quest tonight 
    That is a positive. He was a decent player but a terrible pundit.
  • Options
    Disastrous Luton winning. So near and yet so far the last two games. 
    Not at all. Now we know Hull can't catch us barring a 16 goal swing on Wednesday, so as long as we equal Luton's result against Blackburn or Wigan fail to beat Fulham we're safe. It's one less result to worry about to be honest.
    Sorry but Hull are rubbish and would never have got anything at Cardiff.  Now Luton and Wigan win and we draw we are down. 

I think Fulham are our only hope. Personally think Wigan will win and Luton will better our result. Here's hoping Wednesday get a 12 points deduction. 
    Blimey, don't play the lottery
  • Options
    Forest need a point to guarantee play offs,  so will want it banked ASAP and won’t want to end up 6th and face Brentford who are prolly a shade better than Fulham on current form 🤷‍♂️ Which counts for nothing 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
  • Options
    Shock horror Clinton Morrison thinks we'll be the third team to go down on Quest tonight 
    As pundits go, Clinton Morrison is down there with the worst of them. Inarticulate, clueless, and can say four or five consecutive things, each of which contradict what he'd said ten seconds previously.

Quite how he gets a gig on Sky, BBC, and Quest is beyond me. He must be in possession of a lot of incriminating photographs ...
    Disagree. He's often well researched, there are many more terrible pundits, cascarino, o hara 
  • Options
    9/4 we are with betway to go down
  • Options
    Clinton is certainly enthusiastic, but if you listen to what he's actually saying sometimes then you realise he's actually saying not very much at all!

Plus he's ex-Palace. So that counts against him.
  • Options
    Clinton Morrison has about 4 brain cells I wouldn’t worry 
  • Options
    We will get a point at Leeds. Lots of connections. Safe as houses
    A few weeks ago I was saying 53 or even 54 points were needed to stay up. Now 50 will do. Crazy.

FWIW I reckon we'll stay up. Wigan wont beat Fulham.

Ps.

I didn't think that both WBA and Brentford  would lose this week either.  Ooops.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Glad hull are gone served them right for there crying over getting the league cancelled. 

Barnsley are as good as gone as can’t see them being forest and Brentford 

we have to beat Leeds to be 100% safe and that’s it. 

Everyone stating that Luton have an easy game is rubbish aswell qpr has nothing to play for yesterday and managed to derail the wankers down the road playoff hopes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WIN
    We're safe
    DRAW
    Need either Luton or Wigan to draw or lose
    LOSE
    Need either Luton or Wigan to lose

• Options
    At the end of the day these are professional footballers, many of whom will want to appear in the premiership next season, or will have new contracts to play for, and this will be there last chance for them to impress.

I do not think this game will be a rollover at all. But Bowyer, as he always does, will set us up to compete. 
    The Leeds players will be professional of course BUT will they have that extra bit of desire that we should have? They won't want to miss the first PL game through a suspension for example
    Might be worth Charlton fans reminding the Leeds players of that  on social media, #takeiteasyleeds
  • Options
    Wont be surprised if Leeds players protect themselves from injury a bit now and dont go in for the 50/50 challenges as much

Saw a QPR tweet the other day saying that Warburton will have their players back for pre-season in three weeks time

If thats the same for Premier League teams then why risk your chance of playing in the top flight by going in for a pointless challenge that can get you a bad injury?
  • Options
    I am concerned that Wigan’s appeal may lead to a reduction in the penalty or drawn out process which will see the punishment if any dished out next year.

We should go to Leeds with a plan to win the game and that is that. Season before last Wolves on 99 pts and with the prospect of breaking the 100 PT barrier played bottom side Sunderland on the last day and lost 0 3. This happens for Champions, when they have given their all and they are no longer playing for points to achieve the goals that have already been achieved, they very often play at -5 to 10%. 

We need to give 100% start to finish and bring along the same shooting boots as yesterday. 
  • Options
    Wont be surprised if Leeds players protect themselves from injury a bit now and dont go in for the 50/50 challenges as much

Saw a QPR tweet the other day saying that Warburton will have their players back for pre-season in three weeks time

If thats the same for Premier League teams then why risk your chance of playing in the top flight by going in for a pointless challenge that can get you a bad injury?
    By this way of thinking i assume you think Blackburn will roll over at Luton then?
  • Options
    edited July 2020

By this way of thinking i assume you think Blackburn will roll over at Luton then?
    But Blackburn's players are going to be in the Championship next season

No change for them, e.g. you've just ignored half my post which explains why I think they'd potentially avoid the 50/50 challenges

Leeds game against Derby will tell us a lot this afternoon, but Blackburn's attackers at least weren't on their holidays yesterday
  • Options

They are not all made of the same stuff as Taylor.
  • Options
    Bowyer and Mowbray are on friendly terms, I wouldn't be surprised if Lee made a call before Wednesday reminding TM how important it is to us.  Even so Mowbray isn't the kind of manager to accept his players not putting in a shift. This isn't going to be a walk in the park for Luton.   
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really don’t think there’s much in the whole “teams going easy/nothing to play for” stuff. Maybe 1 or 2 players will have that attitude but not the whole team and management. 

much more likely that Leeds spend the next 3 nights celebrating and face us with the mother of all hangovers (similar to Liverpool’s shocking performance vs City after winning the title).

Personally see us losing, Luton beating Blackburn but we stay up as Fulham beat (or worst case draw with) Wigan.
  • Options
    But surely Leeds will want to cap off their great season with a celebration victory in front of a packed and joyful Elland Road.

Oh :-)
  • Options
    They will have had less rest than us unless they play a weakened team against Derby today and a full strength one against us. Ultimately, whoever they play we are the only team that has something riding on the game. That has to help us.
  • Options
    Bielsa resting a few starters at Derby.
  • Options
    Hope Bowyer is there to watch
  • Options
    Hope not being rested to face us...😩
  • Options
    Hope not being rested to face us...😩
    He knows we are a bigger threat
  • Options