Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club For A Quid protest (Aug 2020)

Comments

• Options
    The damage referred to is people going on the pitch, which the ground staff specifically asked people not to do. With such a short amount of time till the start of the season it can damage the surface, now it wasn’t a huge amount of traffic but even still. 
  • Options
    2 wrongs definitely don’t make a right & Nicking booze and PlayStations is scummy behaviour, but stealing a football club for a pound , flash motors and penthouses flats is bordering on being locked up!

I completely get the fact fans have had enough, but no one will have a job at the valley if we carry on , as there won’t be any club!
  • Options
    A bit out of kilter here, but nicking the kids playstation controls is out of order and should be returned, urinating in the sink (if it happened) is rank, but helping yourself to the refreshments that were there I see as fair game. After all essentially we the fans have paid for it.
    Mind you if I'd seen any cheese sandwiches lying around I wouldn't touch them or trust them.
    I was not in the boardroom by the way.
  • Options
    so those who said it was just ESI rubbish were wrong the games console was stolen by a fan but is thankfully being returned(although it should never have been taken in the first place)
  • Options
    Theft is theft and needs Dealing with and if true urinating in sinks is disgusting made the day end on a very sour note

• Options
    I think the scrotums involved in the scummier acts today are thick and naive and probably meant their acts in a defiant way, we were all young and stupid once , maybe not that stupid .

The main protagonists won’t be happy at all with this and I’m sure if given the opportunity they’d have liked to have sorted it in house if they could have found the dopes .

Don’t let it take away from the great effort 99% of those who went down there today .
    Well done you all I salute you .
    They weren't young, average age 50 I'd say. 40-60 year olds.
    Oh great , we are all old and stupid ,  maybe not that stupid .

• Options
    The Keith Peacock Suite is next to the boardroom and has a bar. Wine is sold to hospitality purchasers.
  • Options
    robroy said:
    I’m curious was it a PS3 or PS4? 
    It was a BS4
    Take it back mate :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Off_it no I replied to posters who then called me out, by people tagging me in comments, I can safely say I haven’t been put on my ass it’s someone typing on a forum, as for the fan that called me a wally and the one that said I should jog I’m at most games so they can feel free to come up and tell me then 👍🏻.

Because you said anyone that goes to a mass gathering is a wanker - and you were the one saying you were getting "crucified".  

But anyway, I'm not getting embroiled in this or rising to "come and say it to my face" nonsense. I was just making an observation that for someone who wasn't interested in this demonstration you seem to have commented an awful amount of times on this thread. I have no idea why.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    cfgs said:
    Anyone that is on twitter should go on NLA's twitter and watch the video with Thomas Sandgaard talking on the phone with the protesters I am falling in love with the crazy Danish bloke. 
    What's his Twitter handle?
    It's locked you can't.
  • Options
    WTF is old Marian going on about there?

Don't trust this f****r for one minute

He's an absolute nobody to be having a credible opinion on Charlton and Charlton fans.  We've had triallists at the club longer than him and no one other than him and who is paying him know what his agenda or the agenda he's pushing.  

He may be a nice bloke which I'm sure he is but I do not trust any of these characters who have popped up in the last 6 months as they are all pulling strings and having strings pulled for someone's agenda which may or may not be too the benefit of Charlton.

I am amazed at how easy it is to bedazzle and woo people these days by merely being an amicable good bloke on twitter.

The guy literally said in his tweet he doesn't have an opinion, nor was he criticising the protests?

He did say that, yes. But what's he doing in our club and who's paying him to be there? I can't say I've seen anything he's posted that I've disagreed with or been upset about but, rightly or wrongly, people are judged by the company they keep. Is he not an employee of ESI?  I hope I am wrong and he's as decent and genuine as he seems superficially, but I genuinely don't get what he's doing there. I wouldn't trust any of ESI as far as I could fling them; is he not their man? 
  • Options
    Theft is theft and needs Dealing with and if true urinating in sinks is disgusting made the day end on a very sour note

Absolutely not true.
  • Options

He's an absolute nobody to be having a credible opinion on Charlton and Charlton fans.  We've had triallists at the club longer than him and no one other than him and who is paying him know what his agenda or the agenda he's pushing.  

He may be a nice bloke which I'm sure he is but I do not trust any of these characters who have popped up in the last 6 months as they are all pulling strings and having strings pulled for someone's agenda which may or may not be too the benefit of Charlton.

I am amazed at how easy it is to bedazzle and woo people these days by merely being an amicable good bloke on twitter.

The guy literally said in his tweet he doesn't have an opinion, nor was he criticising the protests?

And then proceeds to opine.  I'm probably am coming down too harshly on some of these characters but I just don't trust any of them.  Better to be a Victor Meldrew miserable cynic in this scenario than be conned again. 

He may just be tweeting as a decent bloke who has garnered an interest in our club during his short involvement but again he could be something far more sinister....installed to gain the trust of fans to help orchestrate/ manipulate an agenda because he's clearly an affable fella. 

I will happily be proven wrong in my cynicism as that will mean they do have the best interests of the club at play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good about bbc article. Glad they are reporting the facts until proven otherwise.
  • Options

Particularly if they'd eaten asparagus beforehand
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    @Off_it no I replied to posters who then called me out, by people tagging me in comments, I can safely say I haven’t been put on my ass it’s someone typing on a forum, as for the fan that called me a wally and the one that said I should jog I’m at most games so they can feel free to come up and tell me then 👍🏻.

Because you said anyone that goes to a mass gathering is a wanker - and you were the one saying you were getting "crucified".  

But anyway, I'm not getting embroiled in this or rising to "come and say it to my face" nonsense. I was just making an observation that for someone who wasn't interested in this demonstration you seem to have commented an awful amount of times on this thread. I have no idea why.
    I didn’t though did I? 

Yes because people keep commenting on my posts requiring a response.... really not a difficult concept to understand.
    Post #26
  • Options
    Disgusting behaviour to steal the games console. We've gotta be better than that.
  • Options
    Stig said:

He did say that, yes. But what's he doing in our club and who's paying him to be there? I can't say I've seen anything he's posted that I've disagreed with or been upset about but, rightly or wrongly, people are judged by the company they keep. Is he not an employee of ESI?  I hope I am wrong and he's as decent and genuine as he seems superficially, but I genuinely don't get what he's doing there. I wouldn't trust any of ESI as far as I could fling them; is he not their man? 

I agree and have the same outlook in regards to him. Was just pointing out that he wasn't criticising or bitchy judging the protests.

He was Southall's replacement from what seems to have been Nimer sweet talking them in regards to the Steau Bucharest deal. I get the impression he'll be glad once it's all over himself!

• Options
    The damage referred to is people going on the pitch, which the ground staff specifically asked people not to do. With such a short amount of time till the start of the season it can damage the surface, now it wasn’t a huge amount of traffic but even still. 
    I was in the West Stand on both occasions for virtually the whole time and I did not see one person go on the pitch, or even pretend to.

Yes, it's possible it happened, but as I left at 1pm, when we were asked to leave and there were about 20 people left, I very much doubt it.

The remaining guys were in the boardroom.

The whole thing was very peaceful & friendly.

Some guys in the boardroom helped themselves to drink & one person nicked a console from perhaps the players lounge, which is being returned.
    that’s just what I’ve seen on the Facebook group from members that were there, it’s just poor form when the ground staff specifically said don’t go on it, your better off staying away if you can’t behave - the drink thing I don’t care about I just knew that the club would report it and I sort of said this earlier about cameras also they will go after those involved. 

What Marian said some fans left at 1 and some hung around until 6