Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club For A Quid protest (Aug 2020)

Comments

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    I think the PlayStation was in the players lounge for the players kids to use.

Regardless, it's scummy to nick it or bottles of champagne. Nothing to do with protests, just like pissing in sinks.

There's no debate that Southall and Amis have nicked a lot more but that doesn't justify nicking booze.. There are toilets just outside the board room for fucks sake.

Just a massive downer on what should have been a good day.

Spent the afternoon counting the £1 coins and then got told Thomas Sandgaard was matching the amount raised. Fantastic and what we should be about, not petty larceny.

I'm in no way defending those who stole drinks. Had they popped open a bottle of fizz to celebrate 'taking the boardroom' I would have had a glass.
    The guys I saw taking liberties with booze were young and tried to justify by saying the owners has stolen from the club.
    It probably didn't occur to them at the time that the club is not Nimer or Southall and that this tab would have to be picked up sometime.

The toilets were all locked, as were the changing rooms. I personally find pissing in the sink massively disrespectful, its inconsiderate as some poor sod has to clean it up. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I didn't see it.
    Whoever stole the games console should return it posthaste, really poor form.

Superb work with the piper and all the dosh raised.
    The chap who spoke on behalf of CARD was very good and hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

COYR.

If the toilets were locked it would explain why someone pissed in the sink.
    Err, surely "toilets being locked " implies access to the Rest rooms themselves.

In which case, said sink would also be "locked "inside.

And, for further argument as it appears to be the night for a good ruck, unless the plug was in the sink, how would anyone detect a wee ?

Now if it was something brown and smelly........

Just trying to clarify matters, of course.😏
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    I would have thought that areas like the players lounge would have been locked, the staff were aware what the plans were and should have made sure that  sensitive areas were made out of bounds.
    To be fair the fair the announced plans were just for an hour long protest outside the stadium, not anything longer or involving entering the stadium
  • Options
    As a summing-up-of-events - CAFC's S.O.S. to the national media - what a steaming turd of a statement.
  • Options
    I have no doubt they consumed/nicked wine & beer.
    There was someone on the phone to them asking them to bring some out for them.
    The organisers who were in there would be best placed to sort it out if they haven't already, because they know everyone in there.
    Mind you if the PS3/4 was nicked from the players lounge anyone could have taken that.
    In summary ESI, the CAFC owners have nicked @£2M & fans have nicked @£500.
    I look forward to CAFC putting out a press release tomorrow about the @£2M the owners have stolen.
    Naive. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:

Regardless, it's scummy to nick it or bottles of champagne. Nothing to do with protests, just like pissing in sinks.

There's no debate that Southall and Amis have nicked a lot more but that doesn't justify nicking booze.. There are toilets just outside the board room for fucks sake.

Spent the afternoon counting the £1 coins and then got told Thomas Sandgaard was matching the amount raised. Fantastic and what we should be about, not petty larceny.

I'm in no way defending those who stole drinks. Had they popped open a bottle of fizz to celebrate 'taking the boardroom' I would have had a glass.
    The guys I saw taking liberties with booze were young and tried to justify by saying the owners has stolen from the club.
    It probably didn't occur to them at the time that the club is not Nimer or Southall and that this tab would have to be picked up sometime.

The toilets were all locked, as were the changing rooms. I personally find pissing in the sink massively disrespectful, its inconsiderate as some poor sod has to clean it up. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I didn't see it.

The chap who spoke on behalf of CARD was very good and hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

COYR.

First rule is you have to be squeaky clean or the press will just focus on the wrongdoing. 
    Toilets were all locked when there was a skeleton staff working there?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
  • Options
    WTF is old Marian going on about there?

Don't trust this f****r for one minute
    Marian has effectively echoed what Olly has just said further up this page

Keep it off the official channels to avoid it looking as though the fans are being lectured

He's right though, the fans cannot remain divided like this, we wont get anywhere if we want to continue bickering amongst ourselves about what individuals are doing as right and wrong. Which is another reason why it was kept off the official chanels as bet there will be plenty of fans who do still solely rely on the website for information and wont use forums / social media
    But they might read newspapers
  • Options
    Whoever did that stuff should be ashamed of themselves. Taking away from what was a brilliant day. Fuck sake.
    Well, if it's TRUE then its abhorrent. Just solidifies to the wider public that all football fans are hooligans & that the protest was about something else. 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    I’m curious was it a PS3 or PS4? 
    Sega Mega Drive if ESI bought it!
  • Options
    I know you probably can't say @Ollywozere but who came up with that statement ? 
    The comms team alongside the SMT. We spent a lot of time deliberating over it as it's an extremely sensitive subject. It's no secret that the staff generally are supportive of the fans and the planned protest today which I want to emphasise and we're desperate not to give any impression of an 'us against them' scenario as we are all in it together. 
    The actions of certain individuals shouldn't take away from the overall message of the protest, but some of the stuff was clearly unacceptable and only risks undermining that message. It does no damage to the likes of Elliott or Farnell, the only damage it does is to the staff that have to deal with it and to the reputations of those individuals themselves. 
    We wanted to strike that balance in the statement provided to media and I hope that's understandable to most. We don't want anyone to think there's any criticism of today's protest in general. 

Sorry, Olly, but that’s not a reason to provide that information to the media, which just damages the fans’ reputation as a whole. The SMT are a joke, as everyone knows.

if you want to address fans about the unacceptable behaviour, put the statement on the club website where it’s transparent and the club is accountable. You don’t just give it to the national media.
    Trying to hush things up ?  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    A bit out of kilter here, but nicking the kids playstation controls is out of order and should be returned, urinating in the sink (if it happened) is rank, but helping yourself to the refreshments that were there I see as fair game. After all essentially we the fans have paid for it.
    Mind you if I'd seen any cheese sandwiches lying around I wouldn't touch them or trust them.
    I was not in the boardroom by the way.
     Sue Perks has had her nose in the trough for many a year, why not supporters who pay to get in ? ( & certainly not condoning pissing in sinks etc unless anyone from esi wanted to wash their face)
  • Options
    I think we have just found the 2% 

Well done whoever it was. Golfie Jnr was there today & came home buzzing. Found him just now in his bedroom crying. He has been following all of this this evening & told me that he went onto the pitch earlier & thought he was now going to be in trouble.

• Options
    Disgusting behaviour to steal the games console. We've gotta be better than that.
    Unfortunately opportunistic thieves are everywhere ( I'd chop their fucking hands off) some Charlton supporters among them, it's a fact of life. 
  • Options
    In any direct protest, there will be some elements of collateral damage.

If the club is able to tell us as fans what is owed through actions that we wouldn’t all have done but should be remedied, I will guarantee to sort out giving the club back twice that and to give the same amount split between CACT and the upbeats. 

I hope it is nit a lot, and I hope I don’t have to pay it all myself but I will if needed.

the protest was good and this negative impression that some have that is coming out of it needs batting away for the diversion it is.
    You should be careful with your promises, mouthall reads this site you could receive a rather large consultancy invoice for investigating how many bottles have gone.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

COYR.

If the toilets were locked it would explain why someone pissed in the sink.
    Err, surely "toilets being locked " implies access to the Rest rooms themselves.

In which case, said sink would also be "locked "inside.

And, for further argument as it appears to be the night for a good ruck, unless the plug was in the sink, how would anyone detect a wee ?

Now if it was something brown and smelly........

Just trying to clarify matters, of course.😏
    Other than sinks in the toilets, which were locked, the only other sinks that I can think of are the ones in the bars. So a girl shaking her lettuce 🥬 would be seen.