Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• Options
    I am surprised that the combatants could not attend in person and still stay COVID distanced. 

After all, returning to work is perfectly safe 😉
  • Options
    She isn’t going to send the link to the new Teams call out, is she?
  • Options
    Any idea on what is going on?

• Options
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Best that none of us join and just follow the updates, we don’t want this adjourned
    You're right we don't want it adjourned, but it's no bad thing for the court to understand the level of interest in this.
    Knowing Elliottttttttt he will say we are all there to support him lol
  • Options
    Yeah fans can be blamed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nadou said:
    How can this be put at the door of the fans? Absolutely absurd to suggest that.
    Clogging up the system, not turning off camera and mic.
    They put the invites out and surely they should have realised that there was a fair few people joining... plus wouldn't they want to make sure that the relevant people are in first before the thousands of fans? Seems like it's a fault on their end rather than blaming the fans for doing what they were told they could do... 

Yes the people that don't mute and turn off their mic and camera are idiots but that's not why a new link was sent out....
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Perhaps we could leave it to people who understand the legals. I know some of them will be working for a living, but it seems @Blucher's online here at the moment so hopefully they'll manage to get in.
  • Options
    This won't be concluded today - already 38 minutes down 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Stig said:
    Best that none of us join and just follow the updates, we don’t want this adjourned
    You're right we don't want it adjourned, but it's no bad thing for the court to understand the level of interest in this.
    Does Elliot talk? 
  • Options
    Yeah, it is the fans fault for caring about their club......

If the issue is bandwidth, just limit space like you would in a real court of law.
  • Options
    Ridiculous to blame fans. Obviously people are going to want to watch it unfold and it worked fine last time with around the same number of people in the call.

I guess now we just have to wait until 4 and see what has happened.
  • Options
    Is Tomas there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Why does PE have to get in? He has no actual role in this process - surely he is just and interested party, like us?
    Couldn't Elliotttt just follow the match thread instead? I'm sure Airman would have kept him up to date ...
  • Options
    For the sake of getting this done if you're not actually scheduled to contribute
    Get out of the fucking way and let those with a part to play get on with it
    Your interest is genuine of course but the longer this goes on the longer that parasitic arsehole Elliottttt and all his fellow fuckers have their toxic claws in CAFC
    You know it makes sense
    Ferryman said:
    Get off if you love Charlton
    Dave Rudd said:
    Nadou said:
    Great if idiot fans f**k this up
    It's not idiot fans, it's idiot court clerks.
    The fans were invited and joined as per invite.
    It doesn't matter whose fault it is.

We are now 34 minutes in and proceedings haven't started yet.  This is probably not normal and is likely to be attributable to the unusually high number of interested members of the public.

On that basis ... people should really get out and give the legal experts a chance to deliver what we are all hoping for.
    Literally everyone has been kicked out chaps, circa 10 minutes ago
  • Options
    What time's the drinks break?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    There's a limited amount of slots on Teams, say 200 people can join and theres 600 trying to log in, it creates a queuing system, people that need to be there will get caught in the queue - causing delays-  you then have to take into consideration the courts ability to host, connection speeds, bandwith, server... sure Teams and the courts hardware can host 200 people - but not necessarily successfully.

I've sat in a team training meeting on Teams, 42 people, one person sharing a screen so we can watch.. it was shite. 

And I imagine the email request and invite from the court is automated, I doubt a secretary sat there and counted through 200+ emails.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    This won't be concluded today - already 38 minutes down 
    It's probably started already
  • Options
    I don't blame anyone, but as Lee says It is what it is. 
    I agree it is farcical. 
    Please leave the call and let Rich and Rick report on Twitter. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Stig said:
    Does Elliot talk? 
    Yes, but it's B***ocks
  • Options
    We, the invited fans, have done nothing wrong. Mics and cameras on were inevitable but had not part to play in the delay. It's bizarre that they didn't let the key players in first. Almost unbelievable really as this was always going to happen.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!