Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• I know it's easy to say from the outside looking in, but who isn't Campbell using the angles more... Whenever he steps outside his left leg he doesn't like it at all
  • Didn't see that happening
  • Garcia gonna get a controversial split decision victory 
    Nah, it'll be a rubbish UD given the crowd is so partisan. Campbell has boxed bloody well here and hopefully he can find a win inside the distance.
  • He’s just too fast.
  • For fuck sake 
  • Ready wanted campbel there, the commentators were really getting on my tits. Really didn't think Garcia was all that
  • McBobbin said:
    Ready wanted campbel there, the commentators were really getting on my tits. Really didn't think Garcia was all that
    There is not a chance in hell Eddie let's him go anywhere near tank after that
  • Credit to Garcia... perfectly executed body shot.
  • His hands are so quick and that shot was extremely impressive either way though
  • Garcia needs a lot of work before going in front of Gervonta Davis, and I don't fancy him against Teofimo Lopez either. Not quite sure how I'd feel about Devin Haney. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Garcia looks exciting - but celebrating that win as if he'd solved world hunger?! I get he has a huge social media following but this is going to be unbearable until such time as he either falls from grace or confirms his status as a unified undisputed world champion (at which point... well, it's all fair enough).
  • Very very fast hands but so many vulnerabilities, next to no footwork or head movement or lateral movement come to that. 

Tank would fuck him up 
  • Carter said:
    Very very fast hands but so many vulnerabilities, next to no footwork or head movement or lateral movement come to that. 

Tank would fuck him up 
    Fast hands are a great asset, of course, but not enough - he needs to focus on developing his all round skills rather than his social media profile.
    Tank would beat him up badly and Lopez would school him, although he's likely to go up to 140.
    A fit Loma (if the shoulder surgery works) is still capable of beating them all.
  • Garcia needs a lot of work before going in front of Gervonta Davis, and I don't fancy him against Teofimo Lopez either. Not quite sure how I'd feel about Devin Haney. 
    He won't fight Haney yet either... He has just fought for a mandatory and won and is calling out Tank as he knows he wont get that fight... Which is unfortunate as I think the haney fight is interesting (and I reckon he probably wins). Tank knocks him out inside 5 and teo plays with him and it isn't even close. He has extremely fast hands and has proven himself to be up there, but I really don't think his footwork is good enough to mix it with the top of the division 
  • Maybe I'm doing him a disservice, but I reckon mcgregor vs garcia is nailed on in the next 2 years... And will probably be the biggest ppv in history 
  • Garcia called out Davis after the fight, and his promoter De la Hoya said he "walks through the tank".

Might actually be a good think for Garcia to fight him and take a bit of beating. Would bring him down a peg or two and might help him to refocus on his all round game. 
  • I didn't think he was all that & he Celebrated like he'd unified the division.

Annoying little twat  
  • edited January 2021
    Garcia vs Pacqiao announced, wtf

Guessing he thinks with his speed he could beat an aging pacqiao relatively comfortably and that it would give him more clout in negotiations with Tank? 
  • Garcia is box office, and he's not someone who hides so for me this is interesting. Be good to see the likes of Haney, Tank and Lopez all fight each other, it's one of the most exciting divisions for a while
  • Sponsored links:

• Have they confirmed the weight for the fight?
    when it was rumoured last month I couldn’t work out what weight would be agreeable. 
    Garcia isn’t the biggest lightweight. Manny spent the end of his career up at welter. 
    I would guess it will be at 147 as I can’t see an old Pacquiao dropping divisions but who knows how Garcia looks with nearly an extra stone on him. He won’t want to lose the speed he has. 
  • I assumed it would be 130 for some reason.
  • Manny Pacquiao hasn’t been at lightweight (135) since 2008
  • He should be beating Pacquiao relatively comfortably, and with the draw that both fighters have no doubt it will be a good payday for Garcia. Garcia is used to fighting 135s and Manny 147 so its a big gap, not sure how that would work. Don't think its been formally agreed as of yet, but sounds like it'd be at 147 if it happens:

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/manny-pacquiao-vs-ryan-garcia-talks-have-begun/169344

In other news, Canelo has signed a 2 fight deal with DAZN/Matchroom. He's already fighting Yildrim as one of the fights.. which is his mandatory. Maybe fighting BJS in the second?

• McBobbin said:
    I assumed it would be 130 for some reason.
    No way Manny could make 130 - it would have to be 140 minimum, probably 147.

Very strange match-up, and I would take Manny to beat him at 140+
  • bobmunro said:
    McBobbin said:
    I assumed it would be 130 for some reason.
    No way Manny could make 130 - it would have to be 140 minimum, probably 147.

Very strange match-up, and I would take Manny to beat him at 140+
    Agree with this. If he gets put down by Campbell at lightweight, how on earth does he cope with Manny's, albeit ageing, power at 140+?

• Already doing the rounds...
  • I think Garcia is rolling the dice here, Manny properly dealt with a fighter I rate highly in Keith Thurman and I wasn't as impressed with Garcia to think he was ready for Manny

• At least he is rolling the dice. Too many great matches aren't happening, especially in the heavyweight division. 
  • Panorama tonight.........👍🏼