Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    Just watched the last 5 mins of the Spurs v Burnley. Don't know what has gone on before but Pope has just pulled off two fabulous saves. 
    Saw first 3 goals. Didn’t have much of a chance with any of them.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Great signing for them. I'd almost forgotten what this looks like. 
    He had 3-1 in the Happy Hammers prediction league 
  • Options
    Just watched the last 5 mins of the Spurs v Burnley. Don't know what has gone on before but Pope has just pulled off two fabulous saves. 
    Saw first 3 goals. Didn’t have much of a chance with any of them.
    Just seen 4th goal. No chance for Pope on that one either.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Hope it was more the camera angle rather than actually happening.

Stuart Atwell just had to go and look at the monitor over a potential handball from Chelsea

To me it looked like the players were a bit too close to him reviewing the incident themselves (over his shoulder etc.) - Hope we're not going to start having them surrounding him as he reviews, putting the referee under pressure etc... Should be no where near him whilst he reviews
  • Options
    Thought that was greenwoods arm that touched the ball anyway but then again my eyes are shit.
  • Options
    Thought that was greenwoods arm that touched the ball anyway but then again my eyes are shit.
    Yeah I think thats why it wasnt given, I've watched it back a few times and cant decide if it hits Greenwood's arm first
  • Options
    Why did they only show the ref the one angle when they had 3 available? I can’t understand how that can’t be given as a pen
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Was a definite penalty from what I could see. Hit CHO’s hand then onto Greenwood’s arm.
  • Options
    I was correct. My eyes are shit.

• Options
    Definitely should have been a penalty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Terrible week for Leicester. Knocked out of Europe, lost at home to Arsenal today and now just seen that Harvey Barnes needs a knee op and will be out for at least 6 weeks
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Luke Shaw just said the ref said to Maguire I don’t wanna give the pen cos it’ll cause a lot of talking points. 

Refs now scared to make decisions. It’s mental.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Why did they only show the ref the one angle when they had 3 available? I can’t understand how that can’t be given as a pen
    I don’t know who’s on commentary back in the uk, but here, Lee Dixon was talking about how it’s an accidental handball, hands in a natural position and never a penalty. Also pointing out that none of the Man U players appealed.
    First off, I don’t see how he comes to the conclusion that it’s no pen. Hudson-Odoi’s hand was up and in front of him - he and the opponent were clearly trying to use their arms to muscle each other off the ball, but the ball did hit CHOs hand AND he was moving his hand towards the ball. In my opinion, it would’ve been an unlucky penalty, because it just happened to hit his hand rather than Greenwood’s, but unlucky or not, it still should’ve been a pen.  But none of the ex pros on tv here (Dixon, Robbie Mustoe, Tim Howard) thought it should’ve been.
    Second, not sure why Man U players not appealing is relevant. This isn’t cricket. 
    Obviously, all the players thought Greenwood handled it at first glance, hence the Chelsea players appealing. They were all wrong as we saw. And why anyone would think you can trust players appealing in a VAR situation is beyond me. They’re not known for their honesty are they?
  • Options
    Luke Shaw just said the ref said to Maguire I don’t wanna give the pen cos it’ll cause a lot of talking points. 

Refs now scared to make decisions. It’s mental.
    Good the way he spoke about VAR as a whole

I've often been critical of those in the profession for being against VAR as I question if they'd complain about it not being there when its not in their favour - Shaw on the other hand sounded pretty against it and didnt once moan about VAR potentially costing them
  • Options
    Souness chats so much shit, really irritating.
  • Options
    In the last 16 games that Stones and Dias have started together City have conceded 3 goals. In those matches Stones and Dias have scored 5 goals between them.

• Options
    Yeah but can they do it on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    iaitch said:
    I'm sure that if they can win 5-0 at West Brom on a cold and wet Tuesday then Stoke should hold no fears for them!

Even more remarkable is the form of Stones alone and his influence on the rest of the team - he's played 23 games this season and City have won 22 of them with the only one they didn't win was the 0-0 draw with Man United. They've let in just 4 in those 23 matches and he's scored that many alone. Will be great to see if he can perform for England at that level because he has to be a certainty to start. 
  • Options

Hard to believe it’s currently 1-1 with these stats. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Its why all those stats, XG included, are all for talk... Bloody pointless apart from that
  • Options
    As I've lost my clean sheet bonus, I hope Wolves go on to win now!
  • Options

Sort of game that would drive you crazy on Football Manager.

• Options
    Although not when you end up winning 4-1.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    I'm sure that if they can win 5-0 at West Brom on a cold and wet Tuesday then Stoke should hold no fears for them!

Even more remarkable is the form of Stones alone and his influence on the rest of the team - he's played 23 games this season and City have won 22 of them with the only one they didn't win was the 0-0 draw with Man United. They've let in just 4 in those 23 matches and he's scored that many alone. Will be great to see if he can perform for England at that level because he has to be a certainty to start. 
    Stones has been superb but it's Dias who has transformed City and brought Stones' game on. He's ridiculously good for someone who's still only 23. Portugal are going to be very strong at the Euro's, him, Cancelo, Guerreiro, Bernardo Silva, Bruno Fernandes, Jota, Joao Felix and Ronaldo.

City have conceded 17 goals in 27 games. 5 of those came in their defeat to Leicester when they had Ake and Garcia at centre back.
  • Options

Its why all those stats, XG included, are all for talk... Bloody pointless apart from that
    XG knew it was coming 
  • Options
    Just heard an ad on the radio saying this is one of the closest races for the Premier League.

Must be an old ad, couple of months ago maybe but City are going to run away with it now.
  • Options
    Just need the thieving taxpayers stadium east end cockney cnuts to fuck off out the top 4
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Stones has been superb but it's Dias who has transformed City and brought Stones' game on. He's ridiculously good for someone who's still only 23. Portugal are going to be very strong at the Euro's, him, Cancelo, Guerreiro, Bernardo Silva, Bruno Fernandes, Jota, Joao Felix and Ronaldo.

City have conceded 17 goals in 27 games. 5 of those came in their defeat to Leicester when they had Ake and Garcia at centre back.
    Agree. Dias' signing sort of came in under the radar a bit in the summer. I get the feeling his quality and the speed in which he's become first choice has surprised even City. There's not a lot of depth in top quality centre backs at the highest level around at the moment but he's got the potential to be one of the best.