Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    What a dismal effort by the bottom 3 this season

Never mind the magic 40 points (subsequently reduced to 38), Fulham and West Brom are struggling to reach 30 points and Sheffield United 20!
    No fans inside the grounds has defo played against the bottom sides this season. 
  • Options

Never mind the magic 40 points (subsequently reduced to 38), Fulham and West Brom are struggling to reach 30 points and Sheffield United 20!
    All 3 looked doomed from about October.
  • Options
    Man United make 10 changes for the game against Leicester, saving the full team for Liverpool in 2 days. 

Leicester have looked like they could be blowing Champions League qualification again and they have a tough last 3 games. 

This is their chance. They have to win tonight against a weakened team if they want top 4.

1-1 after half an hour
  • Options
    Leicester have got to take this chance. United fans would love it if Leicester pipped Liverpool to the Top 4 too.
  • Options

All 3 looked doomed from about October.
    I dunno, I honestly thought a couple of months ago that Fulham would catch Newcastle, they were about 3 points behind Newcastle and playing better.

Newcastle's good run when Saint Maximin came back changed things massively. 
  • Options
    Leicester have got to take this chance. United fans would love it if Leicester pipped Liverpool to the Top 4 too.
    And now a massive incentive for Man U to beat Liverpool, as Liverpool will probably need to win all of their last 4 games to get the top 4
  • Options
    Fucking Zaha. How many times is he going to get away with throwing himself to the ground.
  • Options
    Fucking Zaha. How many times is he going to get away with throwing himself to the ground.
    And the penalty is saved! 😀
  • Options
    And the penalty is saved! 😀
    Justice. Diving prick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    United fans protest and then their game v Liverpool is called off.

It's rearranged meaning they have to play 3 games in 5 games so they play a weakened side v Leicester who win and should now get a champions league spot ahead of Liverpool.

Very clever.
  • Options

Manchester City are to reduce the capacity of the Etihad Stadium to make room for more advertising space around the pitch.

The Premier League leaders plan to remove the first 3 rows of the North, East and South stands to install double height digital advertising boards. This will reduce the capacity of the stadium by 1,100.

Season ticket holders in the affected areas have already been notified and will be allowed to move to any other area of the stadium without a price increase for next season.

The Etihad's total capacity will drop to around 54,000. City's average attendance before the pandemic was above this figure - a sad indication that the club is valuing advertising revenue over its own fans.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    A surprise win for Arsenal at Leicester Chelsea tonight, the "race for the top 4" is the only interest left in the PL
  • Options
    Naby Jorginho  ;)
  • Options
    A surprise win for Arsenal at Leicester tonight, the "race for the top 4" is the only interest left in the PL
    Actually won at Chelsea. 
  • Options
    If Liverpool win at United tonight and then at West brom on Sunday to move to 63 points, the Chelsea v Leicester game next Tuesday effectively becomes a champions league play off.
  • Options
    But they both have two games to play. 
  • Options
    6 teams can still make the last Champions League places mathematically.

Leicester
    Chelsea
    West Ham
    Liverpool
    Tottenham
    Everton
  • Options

The Premier League has agreed to roll over its existing television deal with broadcasters for a further three years.

The new deal with Sky Sports, BT Sport, Amazon Prime Video and BBC Sport will run from 2022 to 2025.

The current £4.7bn deal, agreed in 2018, represented a 10% drop in value.

The Government has approved the deal "in principle" with an "exclusion order" under the competition act, which allows the league to renew without its normal tender process.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57098432

• Options
    Naby Jorginho  ;)
    It was actually quite funny when its not our own player or the significance of Wembley. 

Quite a mad game really, Arsenal win in the most un-Arsenal way backs against the wall 11 men behind the ball and defended well. Granted Chelsea missed a few chances but they also didn't create enough clear chances (Havertz early should have put them ahead, then a good save at the end by Leno and follow up hit the bar)

Lovely result to see personally :) If i could pick teams to finish in top 4, Liverpool/West Ham and Chelsea would be bottom of the list but hard to pick the worser evils, maybe West Ham would be the worst for me, although someone different we wouldn't hear the end of it. 

Leicester - Stop throwing it away, last season and now this season, they looked so good earlier in the season and have tailed off. Would like to see them back in Europes Elite
    Chelsea- No thank you, but i would pick ahead of the two below
    West Ham - Please no, all i have heard is my cousin is getting a nosebleed all season and also dislike able fans
    Liverpool - Again it would be funniest, 2nd worst option for me. 
    Tottenham - The irony that i used to dislike them strongly (Dad Arsenal), now as i live with a spurs fan and another best mate i root for them more than i should. 
    Everton - Yeah dont mind them would be the best other than Leicester
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The TV companies will be desperate for something to keep interest in the rest of the season, with the title and relegation places wrapped up already, even if it feels like L1 where the only thing at stake on the final day was the battle for the 4th playoff place!
  • Options

• Options
    i get why Van de beek is on the bench but Charlton and Law??!!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    It was a joke that "he is always on the bench"

You have got to leave someone out, where is Giggsy? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

He's on trial somewhere ;) 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

He's on trial somewhere ;) 
    I'll set them up....... 
  • Options
    I love Phillips trying to blame anyone but himself for that OG!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    It should be given to Fernandes, as I triple captained him this week  :D
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    It should be given to Fernandes, as I triple captained him this week  :D
    You might be in luck - looks like (incredibly!) they are giving it to Fernandes!
  • Options
    Liverpool now 3-1 up