Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vaccine

Comments

• WSSWSS
    edited May 2021
    Jumped on the website on the off chance just now. It let me in.

Both doses booked for this Monday and beginning of August.

Was nothing around Dartford so getting it done up London Bridge when I’ll be working up there.
  • edited May 2021
    Just had a look and both booked, cheers for posting the info as my surgery are crap and under new management 
  • My Green Tick has been activated on the myGP app, 12 days after the second jab.

That's my passport sorted!!
  • edited May 2021
    NHS vaccine booking now updated to you can book a vaccine if
    • you're aged 38 or over
    • you'll turn 38 before 1 July 2021
    Book via the link below
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
  • bobmunro said:
    My Green Tick has been activated on the myGP app, 12 days after the second jab.

did it automatically update?
  • bobmunro said:

No.

I clicked on the link and it said 'eligible' (I've been checking the last couple of days and it was saying 'ineligible - try later'), loaded a photo (required) and hey presto.

It did say it would become eligible 12 days after the second jab, and it was 12 days today.
  • bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

No.

I clicked on the link and it said 'eligible' (I've been checking the last couple of days and it was saying 'ineligible - try later'), loaded a photo (required) and hey presto.

It did say it would become eligible 12 days after the second jab, and it was 12 days today.
    Thank you. I'll give mine a go.
  • Finally managed to get an appointment for my first jab.

24th May, in Bexley Village.

Had been trying to book a local(ish) one for a while but only ever got offered East London options and I'm not fully up to speed on the inoculations I need to go there, so held out.
    Haha, had the same thoughts going to Basildon. My immune system now has to deal with coronavirus spike protein and gonorrhea
  • Areas of Blackburn to offer vaccine to over-18s

People aged 18 and over in the three areas of Blackburn will be able to book an appointment for a Pfizer vaccine from next week.

It comes after cases of the Indian variant of coronavirus were found in the town in Lancashire, north-west England.

The national booking system for England is currently only open to people aged 38 and over.

Over-18s living in the following areas of Blackburn will be able to get an appointment:

• Shear Brow & Corporation Park
    • Billinge & Beardwood
    • Bastwell & Daisyfield

Scientists believe the variant first identified in India could be more transmissible than the Kent variant, which is dominant in the UK. But there is currently insufficient evidence to indicate it may cause more severe disease or make current vaccines any less effective.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-57069295

• Sponsored links:

• clive said:

Areas of Blackburn to offer vaccine to over-18s

People aged 18 and over in the three areas of Blackburn will be able to book an appointment for a Pfizer vaccine from next week.

It comes after cases of the Indian variant of coronavirus were found in the town in Lancashire, north-west England.

The national booking system for England is currently only open to people aged 38 and over.

Over-18s living in the following areas of Blackburn will be able to get an appointment:

• Billinge & Beardwood
    • Bastwell & Daisyfield

Scientists believe the variant first identified in India could be more transmissible than the Kent variant, which is dominant in the UK. But there is currently insufficient evidence to indicate it may cause more severe disease or make current vaccines any less effective.

They found four thousand holes there as well, according to the Beatles
  • clive said:

• Billinge & Beardwood
    • Bastwell & Daisyfield

They found four thousand holes there as well, according to the Beatles
    I believe they used them somewhere in London.
  • Finally managed to get an appointment for my first jab.

24th May, in Bexley Village.

Had been trying to book a local(ish) one for a while but only ever got offered East London options and I'm not fully up to speed on the inoculations I need to go there, so held out.
    As a Millwall fan, I'm sure there will be thousands of West Ham fans wanting to give you a jab. A right hook, an upper cut...  :D
  • bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

No.

Interesting thanks. I haven't installed the App yet as I need a new phone anyway, but it will be interesting to see if my online "Patient Access" record is updated that way. 
  • bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

No.

Interesting thanks. I haven't installed the App yet as I need a new phone anyway, but it will be interesting to see if my online "Patient Access" record is updated that way. 
    Anybody without a smartphone or unable to access the app should dial 119 & a proof of vaccines will be posted to them.
  • edited May 2021
    clive said:

• Billinge & Beardwood
    • Bastwell & Daisyfield

It would of got over here anyway but that week or so of not closing our boarders to Indian would not of helped. Not a huge surprise that most of those areas of Blackburn have an Asian majority.
  • Been doubled up for a week now. 46 Essex we are smashing it 
  • A few years ago I met a German couple on holiday. 
    We have remained good friends and have met a few times since.

Speaking to them today they said that in northern Germany where they live there is no Vaccine available for the population until June.

They are aged 69 and 65 and have not any injection yet and don’t expect to be inoculated until October/November.

During the Brexit vote they really tried to convince us that we should vote remain. Now they say that they wished Germany could leave the EU.

They and their friends are envious of the way that Britain has inoculated the British people.

How times have changed!
  • Sponsored links:

• A few years ago I met a German couple on holiday. 
    We have remained good friends and have met a few times since.

Speaking to them today they said that in northern Germany where they live there is no Vaccine available for the population until June.

They are aged 69 and 65 and have not any injection yet and don’t expect to be inoculated until October/November.

During the Brexit vote they really tried to convince us that we should vote remain. Now they say that they wished Germany could leave the EU.

They and their friends are envious of the way that Britain has inoculated the British people.

How times have changed!
    Both my Mum and my daughter contracted Covid after being vaccinated with both being in the vulnerable group - barely a symptom between them. Proved to me how effective the vaccine is and I imagine they would have been seriously ill without it.
    Glad to read you've finally had some good news (of sorts).
  • Can’t believe I’m even writing this but I need some help. 

A friend of mine has sent me a video of his Mrs’ dad’s arm becoming magnetic at the vaccine site after having his Pfizer jab. He puts the magnet to his arm and it sticks. He has told me his mum is also the same. Magnet sticks on vaccine arm, but drops on the other. 

I tried Googling an explanation to debunk him
    and whilst they said the vaccine cannot be magnetic, I have not found an explanation as to why the magnet would be sticking... can anybody help me explain this to him? 

A friend of mine has sent me a video of his Mrs’ dad’s arm becoming magnetic at the vaccine site after having his Pfizer jab. He puts the magnet to his arm and it sticks. He has told me his mum is also the same. Magnet sticks on vaccine arm, but drops on the other. 

and whilst they said the vaccine cannot be magnetic, I have not found an explanation as to why the magnet would be sticking... can anybody help me explain this to him? 
    I’ve heard this can happen if you have too much iron in your blood and the vaccination takes place within 500 yards of a 5G tower. 

Alternatively, it could just be total bollocks 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/magnets-covid-vaccine/
  • Had to change my second jab appointment by a couple of days due to a surprise stag do/booze up being arranged and it was all very easy to cancel and re book .
  • Had to change my second jab appointment by a couple of days due to a surprise stag do/booze up being arranged and it was all very easy to cancel and re book .
    What an irresponsible attitude, very disappointing B)

I asked for a magnet when I had my vaccine done to check if my arm had become magnetic but they didn't have any. Sounds like a massive cover up.

I'm not sure if all doses are magnetic or whether it's just a few. The best advice is to take a magnet with you and check the vaccine before they give it to you.

• A friend went to The Valley yesterday afternoon for first vaccine and they’d had 80 no shows in 1 day. Seemed a lot to me, but I don’t know how normal that is.