Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Insulate Britain Protests (Blackwall Tunnel p22)

As is we don’t have enough problems with traffic. Protesters blocking blue star roundabout at M25. We are going away for a couple of days in Brighton today, will make the journey a bit longer.

Comments

• edited September 2021
    redman said:
    Complaining about climate change I believe. So block the roads. Result extra pollution! Stupidity in the extreme
    They will not be viewing it in that way though will they? 

Their view will surely be that if protests help to push governments into a set of actions to 'save the planet' - then occasional incremental polution increases as a result of their protests will be justified.

EDIT - I in no way agree with their actions here - to be clear.
  • Don't these protestors work for a living, if yes they can hardly be doing anything worthwhile that they can afford to be missed for that period, yeah i know all on annual leave...
  • Always does me that they target Joe Public, most of whom agree there's a problem and would be happy with changes in law and legislation to help reduce climate change. If they want to take a bit of direct action, try blocking some of the factories within about a 10 miles radius of Dartford ffs
  • Sponsored links:

• Gribbo said:
    Always does me that they target Joe Public, most of whom agree there's a problem and would be happy with changes in law and legislation to help reduce climate change. If they want to take a bit of direct action, try blocking some of the factories within about a 10 miles radius of Dartford ffs
    again, this is more, you can protest, but do it in a way that doesn't get attention or a wider point. 
  • Have all sorts of mixed feelings about this. I agree that targeting major industrial polluters directly would be a better look and gain more sympathy, but is it also more likely to land the protesters in major legal trouble? Should one be a martyr for the cause? Is publicity enough? 

Road traffic is a major source of pollution but it doesn't have to be. Protest the manufacturers who aren't going electric. Protest Shell. 
  • Rothko said:
    Gribbo said:
    Always does me that they target Joe Public, most of whom agree there's a problem and would be happy with changes in law and legislation to help reduce climate change. If they want to take a bit of direct action, try blocking some of the factories within about a 10 miles radius of Dartford ffs
    again, this is more, you can protest, but do it in a way that doesn't get attention or a wider point. 
    But they're inconveniencing people who aren't able to make a difference. Unless they think doing this will stop people driving. Think these protests are misguided 
  • I've tried Google Maps - is the blue star roundabout the junction at the tunnel?
  • RedPanda said:
    I've tried Google Maps - is the blue star roundabout the junction at the tunnel?
    No - it’s the big roundabout before that Kent side after A2 junction - it’s where you would come off for Dartford 
  • Sponsored links:

• They held it on that roundabout so the protesters can park their cars safely in Harvester car park. C****
  • just causing a nuisance to people who can’t do much - I understand this is about insulating homes - but let’s be honest these people would turn up to the opening of a vegetable crisp packet if it meant they can cause issues - morons need a good kicking. 
    Rothko said:
    I am all for peaceful protesting but when it affects others going about their usual business then I think reasonable force should be used to remove them.
    please protest, just not in a way that anyone notices
    I would think that there is some level  of noticeable protest that sits between doing nothing - and blocking off the nations busiest motorway.
    Similarly - I would like to think that there is some way of policing the protesters that sits between doing nothing - and giving them a good kicking.
  • Gribbo said:
    They held it on that roundabout so the protesters can park their cars safely in Harvester car park. C****
    Hopefully all catalytic converters are stolen. 
    I’m in my way - only 5 mins walk from my house 😃
  • just causing a nuisance to people who can’t do much - I understand this is about insulating homes - but let’s be honest these people would turn up to the opening of a vegetable crisp packet if it meant they can cause issues - morons need a good kicking. 
    Rothko said:
    I am all for peaceful protesting but when it affects others going about their usual business then I think reasonable force should be used to remove them.
    please protest, just not in a way that anyone notices
    I would think that there is some level  of noticeable protest that sits between doing nothing - and blocking off the nations busiest motorway.
    Similarly - I would like to think that there is some way of policing the protesters that sits between doing nothing - and giving them a good kicking.
    Nope bollocks to them - the one I saw yesterday holding his head as if he had been brutally assaulted - he was merely dragged about half a metre before the police intervened. It’s usual Britain though these wankers do what they like which they wouldn’t dare abroad. 

The UK ranks 17th in world pollution table and we are taking steps to bring it down further. 

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!