Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Bolton Wanderers | Tuesday 28th September 2021 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Last season NA picked Washington to play up front with Stockley. Millar on the left and DJ on the right (home vs Wimbledon).  If Washington is fit, why not him and Stockley up top, CBT/ Kirk on the left and Leko/ DJ on the right. Davison can replace Stockley on 60 mins.
  • Options
    CBT not fit. supposedly the physio did not want him to play on Saturday.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    shine166 said:
    Croydon said:
    Mate of mine got a free ticket for this match, when getting his jab at The Valley, but has just realised the voucher is only valid for West Stand seats in block G.

Surely if the club wants to encourage new supporters, it should allow fans with free tickets to attend near the seats of their ST holding mates, rather than force them to attend a match on their own? There's over 200 empty seats in my block in the Upper North, so just seems bizarre.
    The ST holding friends can move anywhere they want by emailing the club. Tbh a free ticket for a jab is a great offer, it's not like they spent £500 to get a free Bovril. 

Also unless you're next to your mates, they may aswell be in a different stand... but you can't promise 1000 ppl a seat exactly nect to someone they may know with a ST. Most of those ppl that got jabs, probably don't know a ST holding friend.
    But why is the free ticket not just valid for anywhere in the ground? It's not like any area is sold out, so why does it matter? 

Also, the bit in bold couldn't be more wrong. What about pre-match and HT in the concourse?
    Pre match you go to a bar/pub, HT it's 15 mins standing in a queue. 

Feel free to move closer to your mate though for just the 1 game, it costs you nothing to get it sorted 👍. 

These are just solutions to the issue, I agree though that it does no harm offering people to pick where they sit. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Croydon said:
    shine166 said:
    Croydon said:
    Mate of mine got a free ticket for this match, when getting his jab at The Valley, but has just realised the voucher is only valid for West Stand seats in block G.

Surely if the club wants to encourage new supporters, it should allow fans with free tickets to attend near the seats of their ST holding mates, rather than force them to attend a match on their own? There's over 200 empty seats in my block in the Upper North, so just seems bizarre.
    The ST holding friends can move anywhere they want by emailing the club. Tbh a free ticket for a jab is a great offer, it's not like they spent £500 to get a free Bovril. 

Also unless you're next to your mates, they may aswell be in a different stand... but you can't promise 1000 ppl a seat exactly nect to someone they may know with a ST. Most of those ppl that got jabs, probably don't know a ST holding friend.
    But why is the free ticket not just valid for anywhere in the ground? It's not like any area is sold out, so why does it matter? 

Also, the bit in bold couldn't be more wrong. What about pre-match and HT in the concourse?
    Pre match you go to a bar/pub, HT it's 15 mins standing in a queue. 

Feel free to move closer to your mate though for just the 1 game, it costs you nothing to get it sorted 👍. 

These are just solutions to the issue, I agree though that it does no harm offering people to pick where they sit. 
    I don't want to sit in the West as the atmosphere is crap, and now he's just not going to attend as he cba to sit in a dead stand on his own, on a Tuesday night. I get there are solutions to the issue, but some common sense/leeway from the club and they could be earning some supporters with these offers. 

Anyway, I see us winning tomorrow - 2-0 Charlton
  • Options
    Last season NA picked Washington to play up front with Stockley. Millar on the left and DJ on the right (home vs Wimbledon).  If Washington is fit, why not him and Stockley up top, CBT/ Kirk on the left and Leko/ DJ on the right. Davison can replace Stockley on 60 mins.
    NA wasn't the manager when we played Wimbledon at home.  He never started all 4 of them together, maybe because they weren't all fit at the same time?  Washington pinged his hammy early against AFC, DJ replaced him, by the time Washington was fit DJ was injured. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    All we need is it to click and can see us going on a 20 game winning run.
    All my auntie needs is a cock and she'll be my uncle.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    msomerton said:
    CBT not fit. supposedly the physio did not want him to play on Saturday.
    Sounds as if he’ll be available tomorrow though, yet according to our Ronnie he was wrapped up in ice from last Tuesday to Friday 🤷‍♂️.
  • Options
    fed up with having a squad of players, all of whom seem to have to 'manage their minutes' does every other team have to do this?

we've a top 6 budget in this league yet can't sign players who can play twice a week
    100% THIS.  !!
  • Options
    I don't understand why Dobson isn't playing.  To me he is the only mobile young holding player we have. We looked more solid v Wednesday and Wigan when he played. Surely better than Arter, Watson and Morgan. 
    Have a look at the goals conceded from his mistakes. He will be a very good player but is still learning, yes he is better and fitter than Arter but Watson has the know how that Dobson needs to add to his game, it will come.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Absolutely buzzing for this, my first floodlit game in years. 
    Sorry to put a damper on things but we haven't won at home under lights for years. A few draw but mainly defeats.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CBT very doubtful for tomorrow … do they take another risk ?
    I really dont see why he is "doubtful". He hasnt had a recent injury & by all accounts we are going by his historical injury record.
  • Options
    Worse than never winning under lights, we haven't won a September league game for a whole year!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I really dont see why he is "doubtful". He hasnt had a recent injury & by all accounts we are going by his historical injury record.
    No we're not, we're going by a number of factors that could show up previously unknown tightness in muscles etc. 

Basically the Sports Science team will be testing and monitoring the players regularly. 

One very basic test example might be if they can explode off their toes doing a vertical jump or lift weight in a calf raise... If they cannot consistently meet a base point (height in cm for the jump or consistent clean reps of a weight for the calf raise) it is likely they have an underlying issue which could be either achilles or calf related. 

On occasion it may just be the muscles haven't recovered adequately from a sudden increase in activity.

• Options
    Dont we also have that "machine" that can detect potential hamstring injuries.

I say machine like that as didnt we still end up having a few last season? - Wouldnt be surprised if CBT is at risk from them, explosive sprinter like that, right out of the Danny Haynes school of chocolate hammys
  • Options
    Dont we also have that "machine" that can detect potential hamstring injuries.

I say machine like that as didnt we still end up having a few last season? - Wouldnt be surprised if CBT is at risk from them, explosive sprinter like that, right out of the Danny Haynes school of chocolate hammys
    At least Danny’s hammy problems were genuine whereas distinctly remember Marcus Bent pulling up first half (can’t remember who against)  at home when he was having a mare as if a sniper had got him from the back of the West stand 😏.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Leuth said:
    Worse than never winning under lights, we haven't won a September league game for a whole year!
    Fail to win tomorrow and we've only won two games in September over the last three seasons
  • Options
    CAFC 0 V BWFC 1. 10 played, 6 points, bottom of the league, Adkins has to go.
  • Options
    Cbt not fit or injured?! Seems fit when hes played. 
    Think we need cbt, davison and wash in for the energy. 
  • Options
    Cafc 2-1 bolton
    3 wins on the trot puts us back in the mix and everyone becomes more positive 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Absolutely buzzing for this, my first floodlit game in years. 
    Sorry to put a damper on things but we haven't won at home under lights for years. A few draw but mainly defeats.
    Don't worry, if I get to see a mate I've not seen for a few weeks, have a few beers and a sing.. then I've had a good evening. 
  • Options
    why? whats wrong with him? 
    Nothing but the 'sports scientists' say he can't play. Another load of soppy bollocks from the 'experts.'
  • Options
    This will be a tough test, if the team turns up as per the other games the season we're in for a walloping. I can honestly see us getting turned over by a 3 goal margin.

If the team turns up that we've seen 15 minute glimpses of we could sneak a draw, however I'm a realist....... Adkins will make 3-4 changes minimum, we'll get overrun in midfield due to playing a variation of 4 1 1 1 1 2, we'll be 0-2 by half time, a 10 minute spell in the second where we get a goal back, only to concede another one or two as the game draws to a close, Adkins walks the plank for another day despite us being bottom 2.....

But I live in hope, he may play a more conventional 4-4-2 and not ask Pearce & Lavelle to religiously be our playmakers from the back, he may allow experienced professionals to play the game as they read it on the pitch..... but then again........

Heart says 1-1, head says 1-4.
  • Options
    Who knows with this lot but I do have a good feeling and think we will win 2-1 if we dont rotate too many players again. Give the lads that came on as subs at the weekend a start and hopefully start with a bit of ambition and intensity.
    Change a few players for the ones rested at the weekend we lose. Although it wouldnt surprise me to see Kirk starting which might because good thing if he feels he has something to prove

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    NA wasn't the manager when we played Wimbledon at home.  He never started all 4 of them together, maybe because they weren't all fit at the same time?  Washington pinged his hammy early against AFC, DJ replaced him, by the time Washington was fit DJ was injured. 
    Wimbledon was NA’s first game in charge

AFC Wimbledon 2-2 Charlton Athletic
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56383315
  • Options
    Could really do with a clean sheet win.
  • Options
    The best we've played this season was the 1st half vs Gillingham, so I'd be tempted to go with something fairly similar, but bringing in Clare for one of the midfielders, and Famewo for Pearce, but who knows what we'll end up with.

I find it odd that playing CBT for any number of minutes on Saturday would be considered a terrible risk by the medical staff, but it would be fine to start him 3 days later
  • Options
    Dreading it....
  • Options
    why? whats wrong with him? 
    Nothing but the 'sports scientists' say he can't play. Another load of soppy bollocks from the 'experts.'
    You sound like Golfie. Do you know him by any chance? :smile:

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!