Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    The bus to North Greenwich was emptier than i thought it would be. Still, left home at 6.50 and got to work at 8.25. 
  • Options
    I cycled into work today. Probably should have just risked the trains! 
  • Options
    If everyone used Delay Repay, every time, they might get their finger out and sort the service. 
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    If everyone used Delay Repay, every time, they might get their finger out and sort the service. 
    NO!

The company and Network Rail are being bailed out by the government. So it's the government or Network Rail (i.e. you and me) that effectively foots any delay repay bill.

It's a bit like saying the NHS would sort itself out if only people claimed compensation payments from the NHS for the delays caused by Covid-19!
  • Options
    Steve White, the new MD didn't last long then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    out of the frying pan....
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    £25m, possibly more, skimmed off the top of the funding that's "gone missing", all the while they've hiked fares up over and over again whilst delivering an awful service to their customers. 

Should really fuck them over and make them compensate every customer that's had to endure them over the past decade or so
    Fares are fixed by the government. They have been running the trains under a no profit contract with the government for the last few years. Fares already going up by more than inflation in January.
  • Options
    It was getting brought into Great British Railways anyway, and I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't just handed to TfL to run the metro part of the franchise 
  • Options
    Things are gonna get better?
  • Options
    Whats 25m when your spaffing billions with your mates.
  • Options
    From Today's Railways (UK) October 2021.

STEVE WHITE THE NEW MD FOR SOUTHEASTERN.

Govia has appointed Steve White as the new MD of Southeastern.  Mr White moves across from Govia Thameslink Railway where he was Deputy Chief executive for the last three years.  David Statham, his predecessor at Southeastern, has moved to Go-Ahead Group's executive team as its Strategy Director.  He had been MD of Southeasern since September 2014.  Meanwhile, Go-Ahead has announced that Christian Schreyer will be its new Chief Executive to replace David Brown.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Bexhill and Battle MP Huw Merriman, who chairs the Transport Select Committee, told the BBC: "I understand the Serious Fraud Office will be involved in this, so there is a limit to what I can say."

He said: "We need confidence in our railways right now, and if there appears to be evidence of wrongdoing, then it is right to sweep away."

The Serious Fraud Office said: "We are aware of the matter but can neither confirm nor deny interest."

Let's hope they nick the lot of them if they've been thieving for their own benefit.

• Options
    Grant Shapps says:

Investigations have identified a serious breach of good faith by Southeastern. To protect taxpayers’ interests and passengers I have ordered the Operator of Last Resort to urgently take over the running of rail services in the South East.

Someone who has demonstrated all the credentials needed to look after our interests:

In 2012, one of his constituents noticed that, while working as an MP, Shapps had also been peddling get-rich-quick-schemes online under the assumed names ‘Michael Green’ and ‘Sebastian Fox’. The schemes, marketed by Shapps’ company How To Corp under such titles as ‘Stinking Rich 3’, promised unwary punters that they could make large amounts of money very rapidly if they followed ‘Michael Green’s’ instructions.  These included the instruction to recruit more punters to sell get-rich-quick schemes to the public – a classic feature of pyramid-selling schemes.
    HMGovt has shovelled £10Bn into the pockets of TOC's shareholders over the last year or so and now the risible Schapps gets the arse over £25M - fuck me three ways til Friday.  He and his #toryscum cabal expect us to swallow that shit!

From 17 October there might be a chance that SETrains victims/passengers could see slightly less appalling "service".
    Until then they can expect to get sweet fuck all from southeastern who will be ripping the piss non-stop to minimise any and all costs of any kind.
    If Schapps weren't a pantomime buffoon he'd also be laying out HMGov'ts plans to go after southeastern's owners companies GoAhead and Keolis who have remained profitable throughout their tenure.

You can bet Govia will be switching all their best bodies across to their neighbouring Thameslink operation.

Operator Of Last Resort has to be an upgrade on the last few years

All you addicks training it to Charlton over the next couple of weeks best allow loads of time to get there and home again after
    southeastern won't be doing you any favours
  • Options
    Who could fail to be thrilled and excited to hear your train services are to be run by an Operator of Last Resort
    cut my train into pieces, this is my last resort
    Nicely squeezed Papa Roach lyric there…
  • Options
    The Government clearly read this site
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Don’t worry the Government will make a pigs ear of it - and will be calling in the army in six months 
  • Options
    Give it to TFL
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Who could fail to be thrilled and excited to hear your train services are to be run by an Operator of Last Resort
    cut my train into pieces, this is my last resort
    Nicely squeezed Papa Roach lyric there…
    You could say South Eastern have been getting away with murder.... 
  • Options
    I am worried Mr Largo has not commented yet. I guess he is 10 pints and 3 lines in celebrating.