Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Sunderland vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 23rd October 2021

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Also:  "Dobson not shit" shock...
    I though Dobson was very good in preseason.  They way he crumbled against MK Dons was embarrassing though and he carried it over to the next game as well.

I hope we see more good Dobson because he can be a very good player, it's easy to forget how young he still is. 
    The upside on Dobson is potentially pretty big
  • Options
    Sandgaard was there as well I understand - he must be relieved 

Cracking win 
    I hope he brought his guitar  :)
    The team, after such a fine performance and win, thought they were going out on the lash tonight to celebrate.

But no, they've got to stay in the hotel and listen to Thomas playing his guitar. FACT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVl6cqavGZk&ab_channel=SANDGAARD-Topic
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Delighted to see the dearth of posts on here following the game. It must be a testament to how happy everyone is and that we are finally able to kick off a great Saturday night. I’ve only just paused between tipples to have a cursory glance.

Well done JJ et al. 👏👏👏👏
  • Options
    Sounded like we put in a much better shift. 
    Deserved 3 points 

12th position, we are coming for you 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They must really hate us.

No idea if the stats back it up but it seems we're properly their bogey team. Great innit?
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I've lumped promotion at 50/1... Will take it off in 2 months when we are top half... free money
  • Options
    Superb performance all round. Some real stand outs with Dobson, Leko (though he does frustrate me sometimes that he doesn't get in the early ball when he should), Purrington (excluding that miss) and I thought Pearce was immense when he came on.

I don't want to over analyse too much. Could be the new manager bounce and all that but there is the nagging question of why did we not see this effort at any point this season?

Time will tell if it was just a one off or whether this could be the start of something. I'll enjoy this for a few days before going in to next week with at least hope rather than dread. COYA
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Thanks for the last two months of crap performances mate. Great job. 
    Chill out haha Tbf they have all mostly been crap.

Looks like they have all turned a corner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I said in the match preview that we'd win 1-0 AND WE DID,, terrific performance and oh oh where would be be if Adkins had been sacked two months ago .. good selection, good tactics, and most importantly, the team played for Jackson whereas before this game they just didn't turn up.
     I'll probably get rucked for this, but we committed (according to BBC statistics) the second highest number of fouls in L1 today, proof that at last the team is getting stuck in, although god forbid I should condone foul play o:) . Anyway, a great start against our whipping boys. Sunderland fans must hate the sound of the word CHARLTON
    Now for the rest of the season
  • Options
    Delighted to see the dearth of posts on here following the game. It must be a testament to how happy everyone is and that we are finally able to kick off a great Saturday night. I’ve only just paused between tipples to have a cursory glance.

Well done JJ et al. 👏👏👏👏
    You do know that 'dearth' is a synonym of 'scarcity'?

There seems to me to be a lot of posts on here.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Dobson on CTV with a little dig at Lee Johnson for letting him go 
    Very good of him. Great interview.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    As someone who didn't fancy making the trip today, I am so pleased for those that did. It's brilliant that JJ and the lads got a win. Here's hoping for many more. I'm also so glad that we are a bogey  team for Sunderland. I've got nothing against them, but I'm struggling to think of another one, whereas there's loads of teams that seem to ave the Indian sign over us.

We are Sunderlands Millwall...

I can't think of another club that would all say "oh f*ck! Not Charlton again. That's us out then"

If we drew them in the 3rd round of the FA cup