Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Sunderland vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 23rd October 2021

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Thanks for the last two months of crap performances mate. Great job. 
    Haha .... when are you ever happy? :smiley:

Just sick of the same 'professional' players that down tools every 6 months when they don't like the manager anymore.

Going from a decent Championship right-back to incapable of defending at the bottom of League One in two seasons? 

Feel no connection to any of them.
    Well cheer up either way mate. A club legend is at the helm and if they perform to how he wants, the love will come back sure enough.
  • Options
    So it was 2 up top then?  

I think we still have a lot of work to do but if we can get a win up there then we can hopefully pull away from the bottom.  A key win as well seeing as Doncaster won and so did Shrewsbury.  

We just need to get clear of the relegation zone.  Anything we build from that point on is a bonus.  I know that doesn’t seem too ambitious, but I think the damage to this season has been done.  If anything it could be a great way for Jackson to cut his teeth.  He absolutely has to keep us up, but there’s no real expectation of him 
  • Options
    I just had a peak at a Sunderland forum.

Not only do they talk shit (e) (like) (man) , the spelling and punctuation is awful.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
  • Options
    He’s a tosser, win, lose or draw.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Solid away performance just what the doctor ordered. Amazing what levels players can reach when they try and want to make the shirt theirs under a new guvernor. Great team effort all pulling for one another with pride in the badge.

Rode our luck a bit at times but we should’ve scored a couple before our opener. Upwards and onwards and more of the same please Jacko  you Charlton legend you 👏👍

Who was the third man in the technical area, I know it wasn’t Harry Lime but who was he? 🤔. Subsequently found out that it was Glyn Shimell, goalkeeper coach https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60d04c861cb4f/glyn-shimell-appointed-as-clubs-new-goalkeeper-coach
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just had a peak at a Sunderland forum.

Not only do they talk shit (e) (like) (man) , the spelling and punctuation is awful.
    Could you post a link to that forum please mate.
  • Options
    No - they don’t even show the Purrington ‘effort’ which was the best chance of the match. 
  • Options
    If there's no footage of the alleged incident I don't see how it can retrospectively be punished?!
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I thought he did book him for hand ball.
  • Options
    Did you have the stream? Dont think he booked that player, but then he booked another one, off camera, but Terry said presumably for arguing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hasnt been reported on the BBC website or the Charlton Match Report as was O'Nien

Flanagan got booked for dissent though
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Solid away performance just what the doctor ordered. Amazing what levels players can reach when they try and want to make the shirt theirs under a new guvernor. Great team effort all pulling for one another with pride in the badge.

Rode our luck a bit at times but we should’ve scored a couple before our opener. Upwards and onwards and more of the same please Jacko  you Charlton legend you 👏👍

Who was the third man in the technical area, I know it wasn’t Harry Lime but who was he? 🤔.
    Just had a 'Keith' Addicks fan, calling R5 606, was that you ?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Who was the third man in the technical area, I know it wasn’t Harry Lime but who was he? 🤔.
    Just had a 'Keith' Addicks fan, calling R5 606, was that you ?
    No mate, why was the caller talking sense? 😉