Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton TV - Barnsley game available in the UK and Ireland?

edited September 2022 in General Charlton
At the start of the season I paid £60 for Annual Pass to Charlton TV. So far this has given me access to stream of some friendlies (although some turned out to be free in the end) and commentary of away games.
I had assumed I would be able to access other videos of Charlton TV, most notably match highlights. However I am told when accessing that I am NOT subscribed for these. Is this correct? 
Anyone else have this? 

Comments

• Strange as I can access match highlights 
  • ok thanks. I will get ontp them tomorrow as to why mine won't work. 
  • I wouldn’t, you could argue they’ve been protecting your eyes….
  • redman said:
    At the start of the season I paid £60 for Annual Pass to Charlton TV. So far this has given me access to stream of some friendlies (although some turned out to be free in the end) and commentary of away games.
    I had assumed I would be able to access other videos of Charlton TV, most notably match highlights. However I am told when accessing that I am NOT subscribed for these. Is this correct? 
    Anyone else have this? 
    Mine says that as well but when I click on them they still play . Just one of many glitches in what is a terrible website 
  • I had to do an annual renewal yesterday, before it was due as I understand it, in order to get coverage from Fleetwood.
    Unfortunately my experience is if you criticise the comms at Charlton the problem is me for being critical, not the paid for ‘service’ for being poor.
    My advice to them is if the poor service continues, don’t dig out the critics with all the huffy passive aggressive nonsense, but simply shut up.
    I don’t expect improvement.
  • redman said:
    Anyone else have this? 
    Mine says that as well but when I click on them they still play . Just one of many glitches in what is a terrible website 
    Thanks Beds. I thought I had tried this but it worked this morning! As you say website needs a lot of work, but good to see the highlights. I haven't been in the mood to watch them very often this season!
  • Does anyone else find it infuriating when watching a live game the editor or whoever is in charge of which camera is live chooses to show a player or the crowd when the commentary is indicating the game is in play or even a replay of something very trivial. I lost count of the number of times it happened today. I cannot believe if Thomas is watching the same stream he finds this acceptable.
    It is ruining a very good watch otherwise. Please have a word with who ever is in charge. 
    It’s like they want to push the “play replay” button as soon as it’s available. They need to learn to wait until the ball next goes out of play at the very least.

And some of the close up shots were completely unnecessary.
  • edited January 2022
    You also need to be a good judge of the pace of the game / who is leading & who is chasing a goal… Oftentimes we were missing action after Charlton took a quick set piece to get the ball moving again. And on Charlton TV, that’s what Charlton fans want to see. Whereas any replay of a foul on one of theirs, we had plenty of time to take another look.
  • Sponsored links:

• Does anyone else find it infuriating when watching a live game the editor or whoever is in charge of which camera is live chooses to show a player or the crowd when the commentary is indicating the game is in play or even a replay of something very trivial. I lost count of the number of times it happened today. I cannot believe if Thomas is watching the same stream he finds this acceptable.
    It is ruining a very good watch otherwise. Please have a word with who ever is in charge. 
    Drives me crazy....do they not have a producer watching the game and switch back to the action quicker? It seems someone is not following the game at times which is very amateurish....
  • I made a similar comment on the post March thread. I was more livid with the production than losing. Most Infuriating and the worst production of the season!
  • Thomas decided it was going to be shit 6-months ago and he’s not changing his mind now, cheer up princess x
  • Whoever decides when to do close-ups, replays etc is useless and as a result misses out on the action. 
  • I thought it was supposed to be a Charlton Life trope that nobody should dare to criticise any aspect of club communications because they’re overworked put upon true Charlton fans working for nothing.
    Is it true that the money we pay for any type of communication goes straight to a cat charity?
  • Big difference between legitimate and constructive criticism and a personal and irrational vendetta but you'd never understand that.

Cue "I'm the victim here" wailing
  • edited January 2022
    As it happens Steve Brown spoke about the coverage on Charlton TV at Bromley Addicks last month.

He said that the external production company have no background in football coverage so while very professional don't always know when to cut to other shots etc. 

So Scott Minto, who has worked for Sky etc is coaching them on how to do it better and get the right replays, clips etc but, I assume, of course he can't really do that live.

So not the Comms team directly at fault here although you could, if you had an ongoing and personal and irrational vendetta, try to make it so.

Who hired this company? Possibly the Comms team or possibly someone else? Perhaps the budget doesn't allow for a more experienced team or it's penny pinching.

Must admit that I don't watch games on Charlton TV very often.

Nor on Sky or BT either but I have noticed similar issues with them showing replays etc when attacks are on (our first goal v Gateshead IIRC) and yesterday Sky seemed to show a lot of Pep and whoever the Arsenal coach was during the game (I was in the Rad).

But if the Charlton TV coverage can be improved then it's fair enough to say so IMHO
    I think you're being a bit harsh on yourself re your attitude to Seth there, Henry...
  • As it happens Steve Brown spoke about the coverage on Charlton TV at Bromley Addicks last month.

He said that the external production company have no background in football coverage so while very professional don't always know when to cut to other shots etc. 

So Scott Minto, who has worked for Sky etc is coaching them on how to do it better and get the right replays, clips etc but, I assume, of course he can't really do that live.

So not the Comms team directly at fault here although you could, if you had an ongoing and personal and irrational vendetta, try to make it so.

Who hired this company? Possibly the Comms team or possibly someone else? Perhaps the budget doesn't allow for a more experienced team or it's penny pinching.

Nor on Sky or BT either but I have noticed similar issues with them showing replays etc when attacks are on (our first goal v Gateshead IIRC) and yesterday Sky seemed to show a lot of Pep and whoever the Arsenal coach was during the game (I was in the Rad).

But if the Charlton TV coverage can be improved then it's fair enough to say so IMHO
    I think you're being a bit harsh on yourself re your attitude to Seth there, Henry...
    Not really, I just don't like his personal and irrational vendetta against the comms teams highlighted by him saying the programme was badly written and then admitting he hadn't read it for years.   And that was just the start, he goes on and on about them.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Big difference between legitimate and constructive criticism and a personal and irrational vendetta but you'd never understand that.

Which is why I stick to legitimate and constructive criticism. Unlike calling somebody anti Semitic on a public forum with no evidence to back it up, and then declaring no evidence is necessary if a ‘fan of the year two mates only choice’ says something.
    You are an expert in irrational vendettas, not me.
  • As it happens Steve Brown spoke about the coverage on Charlton TV at Bromley Addicks last month.

Not really, I just don't like his personal and irrational vendetta against the comms teams highlighted by him saying the programme was badly written and then admitting he hadn't read it for years.   And that was just the start, he goes on and on about them.  
    For anybody interested, the above is a lie.
  • seth plum said:
    Big difference between legitimate and constructive criticism and a personal and irrational vendetta but you'd never understand that.

Which is why I stick to legitimate and constructive criticism. Unlike calling somebody anti Semitic on a public forum with no evidence to back it up, and then declaring no evidence is necessary if a ‘fan of the year two mates only choice’ says something.
    Bit harsh in your criticism of fan of the year winner Rick Everitt who won the award in exactly that manner.

And since you mentioned it yes, consistently defending and down playing antisemitism in the labour as you did and still do, despite the ruling of the EHRC that the labour party acted unlawfully and discriminated against its Jewish members, makes you an anti-Semite.  
  • seth plum said:
    Big difference between legitimate and constructive criticism and a personal and irrational vendetta but you'd never understand that.

Bit harsh in your criticism of fan of the year winner Rick Everitt who won the award in exactly that manner.

And since you mentioned it yes, consistently defending and down playing antisemitism in the labour as you did and still do, despite the ruling of the EHRC that the labour party acted unlawfully and discriminated against its Jewish members, makes you an anti-Semite.  
    Sheesh. Repeating your lie.
    I did not consistently down play antisemitism in Labour, or down play it at all.
    Prove it.
  • I watch most of the CTV productions and agree with Seth that the shots away from the action are very annoying and seem to be increasing. As I am paying a fee for the production I also believe that I have the right to criticise the production and ask for improvement.
  • I watch most of the CTV productions and agree with Seth that the shots away from the action are very annoying and seem to be increasing. As I am paying a fee for the production I also believe that I have the right to criticise the production and ask for improvement.
    Don’t think anyone is questioning your right to critique the production at all.
    Its the only way to make it better, which it appears the ever gorgeous Mr Minto is starting to do.

There really was no need for Seth’s comment though. Rather childish imo.

And now it’s gone daft……..again 🙄🤷‍♀️
  • seth plum said:
    I thought it was supposed to be a Charlton Life trope that nobody should dare to criticise any aspect of club communications because they’re overworked put upon true Charlton fans working for nothing.
    Is it true that the money we pay for any type of communication goes straight to a cat charity?
    The owner criticised the comms team in the SLP recently 
  • KBslittlesis
    I have not suggested that I do not have the right to criticise
    If Minto, gorgeous or not, has recently intervened I can only say that recently we have more cut aways from the action than before so perhaps his intervention has not helped.
    Surely being daft, as you call it, is what this site is all about - good daft and bad daft :)
  • KBslittlesis
    I have not suggested that I do not have the right to criticise
    If Minto, gorgeous or not, has recently intervened I can only say that recently we have more cut aways from the action than before so perhaps his intervention has not helped.
    Surely being daft, as you call it, is what this site is all about - good daft and bad daft :)
    Any stats to prove that.