Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are We Getting Relegated?

Comments

• Options
    No, but I’d be interested to know if the arses of those who have lumped out large on us finishing Top Half are starting to flap a bit
    I cashed out my promotion and top 6 bets tonight.
    As a percentage, what sort of money did you get back? 

I rarely cash out as the deal is usually stacked massively in favour of the bookies 
  • Options
    Relegation never on the cards .. still only 14 points of play offs … was not long ago JJ was the saviour the same team and players had gone on a superb run of results …. let’s not forget
    Sunday  performance was excellent and one of best we have seen .. so was it just tiredness tonight should JJ have changed a few players , where was Kirk against his old side ? simple think JJ got it wrong tonight …  

What enjoyment do you get out of all this?
    Continually posting the opposite opinion of everybody else.
    Very strange.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Relegation never on the cards .. still only 14 points of play offs … was not long ago JJ was the saviour the same team and players had gone on a superb run of results …. let’s not forget
    Sunday  performance was excellent and one of best we have seen .. so was it just tiredness tonight should JJ have changed a few players , where was Kirk against his old side ? simple think JJ got it wrong tonight …  

That's the problem though, there is no strength in depth. The backup options are dire. God help us if Dobson gets injured. And let's not pretend Kirk not playing contributed even slightly to the defeat, the guy has been abysmal since signing.

When everyone is fit, i believe our first XI is a match for any side in the division. With Inniss, Lavelle, JFC and Stockley in the starting lineup we'd be a lot better, but when a few are out we're way off being good enough.

How many points have we got in the games Stockley has missed this season? 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

We really weren't that good against Norwich. I know the narrative is that we held our own against a premier league side, but Norwich were absolutely dreadful. We were wasteful with possession, and with our dead ball, and we never threatened til right at the death.
    I agree with this, but would also suggest we looked as likely to concede as score. 

They had to bring on their best player to earn the win and Pukki could do a job at most premium loog clubs. 

We however need to find someone with that creative and attacking spark or someone like Chuks who could turn a poor forward ball into his own attack with his slick touch, strength, pace and power. If only he could do more than 15-20mins a game.
  • Options
    I genuinely don't believe we'll be relegated, we were terrible last night but we'll do enough to stay up. I can't believe i'm saying that about us in league one but that's where we're at now.

I hope we're comfortable by April though so that we can blood some youngsters like Kanu and Anderson and give more minutes to Burstow, Deji, Williams, Henry. The current crop coming through might actually be our best way out of this mess over the next year or 2.
  • Options
    No, but I’d be interested to know if the arses of those who have lumped out large on us finishing Top Half are starting to flap a bit
    Yep. With a grand at stake, I bottled it and cashed out for a 10% profit 2 games ago. I wasn't sure it was the right decision at the time but it would appear so now. Very relieved ATM. 
  • Options
    Nope... we will finish closer to 6th than we will 12th. Even after seeing the last few games I'm still confident. This is a pub league and we have some very good players to come back from injury 
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Unfortunately, Kirk doesn't merit a place in our squad based on his performances since joining. He is my biggest disappointment this season as he came to us with a strong reputation, is young and should be hungry here. Does he have a rubbish twin brother we signed in error?

Starting to feel the same way about Leko too!....... and don't start me on DJ! 
  • Options
    I believe we will finish comfortably mid table, which is depressing in itself.
    If we ever drop to league two I'm done, after 60+ years.
  • Options
    We have a poor side and I'd say we'd struggle against the top teams in the NL at present. The midfield are not contributing goals so it can't all be down to our strikers.

4 defeats in 6 and we've lost the last three. We've lost to Shrewbury and Crewe and failed to beat Morecambe in recent games so we are definitely one of the worst teams at present.

We had awful runs under both Bowyer and Adkins and I'm just hoping JJ can get us back on track.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mike said:
    In big trouble
    get a grip
  • Options
    3 of our next 4 matches are Cheltenham, Fleetwood & Wimbledon. Need to get a minimum of 6 points from the next 4 matches. Certain we won’t go down, but don’t trust the squad character to let the points difference go fewer than 6 points.
  • Options
    I find it funny that we win 3 and we are heading to the play offs, lose 3 and going down.

there is a reason why we win a few and then lose a few, we are slap bag average. That's why we will finish where we are now.

we need to get rid of the slap bang average league 1 players like lee, gilbey and Washington and start the rebuild process again!
  • Options
    I think the common shout was "Its like printing money"
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Nope... we will finish closer to 6th than we will 12th. Even after seeing the last few games I'm still confident. This is a pub league and we have some very good players to come back from injury 
    Have you seen the teams above us, that we'll need to overtake to get near 6th
    Plymouth 7th
    Pompey 8th
    Wednesday 9th
    Ipswich 10th
    Those aren't pub league sides
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    CAFCsayer said:
    Honestly cant see us get anywhere near 6th. To get there we would need to go the rest of the season and only lose 3 or 4 games at most. Not a dig, but do you really think we are going to go from now to May only losing 3 or 4? Unfortunately I think we have a few more Crewe performances in us yet....
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Honestly cant see us get anywhere near 6th. To get there we would need to go the rest of the season and only lose 3 or 4 games at most. Not a dig, but do you really think we are going to go from now to May only losing 3 or 4? Unfortunately I think we have a few more Crewe performances in us yet....
    I’d more worried about getting the 5/6 wins we are going to need to ensure safety. Whilst realistically I don’t see it being an issue it’s still very embarrassing that we are even talking about it this far in to a season when we supposed to be one of the favourites for promotion 
  • Options
    I cashed out my promotion and top 6 bets tonight.
    As a percentage, what sort of money did you get back? 

I rarely cash out as the deal is usually stacked massively in favour of the bookies 
    I got 10% back, but I was getting nothing if I hadn't cashed out.
    Wife for sale, does anybody want her?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Have you seen the teams above us, that we'll need to overtake to get near 6th
    Plymouth 7th
    Pompey 8th
    Wednesday 9th
    Ipswich 10th
    Those aren't pub league sides
    To catch & pass Pompey & Sheff W we need to get at least 8 more points than they do .....and they both have games in hand on us, with Pompey having 2.

Even Ipswich are 6 points ahead of us. That's 2 wins more than they achieve. 

Top 10 is probably out of reach already. Top half is pushing it imo. Somewhere between 12th & 16th is my bet.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We might be quite good in League Two. Could get Joe Ledley back
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Yes and just sacking Adkins won't solve it.  If JFC takes our one free spot in January it has to be 1 in 1 out.  We need at least 3.
    I didn't really, hand on heart think we would then, but I am seriously worried now. 

Hopefully 4 points from the next two gives us a bit of breathing space.  February and early March have really tough fixtures and end of March and April is full of relegation six pointers and visits to Ipswich and Rotherham. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Not concerned about relegation at all. We need about 6 wins to stay up. If we cannot beat Gillingham or Doncaster then we should be relegated. Home form is strong under Jacko. Two goals conceded in seven matches at The Valley is good form.

Just need to get a couple of wins away from home. None of the teams around us have players of Aneke and Stockley quality in their squad. Fully expect us to start beating teams towards the end of the season, when the pressure is off and we are playing mid table guff.
  • Options
    I find it funny that we win 3 and we are heading to the play offs, lose 3 and going down.

there is a reason why we win a few and then lose a few, we are slap bag average. That's why we will finish where we are now.

we need to get rid of the slap bang average league 1 players like lee, gilbey and Washington and start the rebuild process again!
    We don't though.  We have had 3 really good runs of about 10 games over the last 18 months.  The other 43 games, almost a full season has been relegation form.

If you take the 1st ten and last 10 from last season out and the 1st 10 from Jackson we would have 47 points from 43 games.  We would need to get something from our last 3 games to stay up....... 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    We might be quite good in League Two. Could get Joe Ledley back
    Loads of new grounds, and more local matches than in League One.

We're not going down though. Not through any quality of our own, but we'll be safe because those below us won't pick up the points

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

We don't though.  We have had 3 really good runs of about 10 games over the last 18 months.  The other 43 games, almost a full season has been relegation form.

If you take the 1st ten and last 10 from last season out and the 1st 10 from Jackson we would have 47 points from 43 games.  We would need to get something from our last 3 games to stay up....... 
    To put it another way you need about 1.1 points a game to stay up.  Under a permanent manager this season we have 13 points from 18 games.  We now need 18 points from 19 games. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Johnnie Jackson's record in League matches since picking the team:

Won 7
    Lost 4
    Drew 3

How the fuck is that bottom 4 ?

He took over when we were 22nd !

I accept if the spine is all injured:
    Inniss, Dobson, Stockley/Aneke we will limp to the end of the season and be about 18th.

If we can chose from Stockley/ Aneke with Washington and Burstow, Dobson stays fit and Inniss can play at least 10 more matches we will finish 8th to 10th which I said when JJ picked the team since Sunderland and he got the gig to at least the end of season.

This really is a transition season ( yes another one !) Bizzare that the last two home games at the valley, 2-0 against Ipswich and 2-0 against Fleetwood that I managed to get too everyone was so upbeat about our Journey and yet the down beat words on CL are so depressing.
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Won 7
    Lost 4
    Drew 3

Inniss, Dobson, Stockley/Aneke we will limp to the end of the season and be about 18th.

If we can chose from Stockley/ Aneke with Washington and Burstow, Dobson stays fit and Inniss can play at least 10 more matches we will finish 8th to 10th which I said when JJ picked the team since Sunderland and he got the gig to at least the end of season.

This really is a transition season ( yes another one !) Bizzare that the last two home games at the valley, 2-0 against Ipswich and 2-0 against Fleetwood that I managed to get too everyone was so upbeat about our Journey and yet the down beat words on CL are so depressing.
    Jackson's record since he got the job permanently 3 loses, 1 draw, 1 win. 

How the fuck is that NOT bottom 4?

Why is it relevant?  Because with this group of players both previous managers started with a great run.  Then the wheels fell of.  If its only a puncture and Jackson gets us back on track quick sharp brilliant.

History tells us that once this lot let their heads drop it takes something drastic to shake them out of it.

They faught tooth and nail to get their mate the job, they now need to fight just as hard to keep us in the divison and him in a job. 

• Options

Won 7
    Lost 4
    Drew 3

No chance. 
  • Options
    Won 7 lost 4 and drew 3 since he has picked the team in the League. That is top 8 form or do you disagree ?

As I said if our spine goes down we will struggle but Inniss/Dobson/ Gilbey/Stockley/Aneke with Washington more central will see as rise up the table to finish 8th to 10th. Unfortunately they will get more knocks and we will continue to win lose and draw in equal measure.

You don't like the word but we are in transition(again!) and we don't need 4 wingers we need wing backs and always two up front in this division.