Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2022
    wmcf123 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Mattock played as an attacking overlapping fullback/wingback in Rotherham's system ...... and, as we know, Purrington's a solid defensive fullback.

I must have missed that. 
    You must not have been paying attention. He's no wing back but as a full back he's been decent enough. 
    He’s so average .  
    You seem to have also missed who we are.
  • Options
    I'm in average camp
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    I'm in average camp
    As is our club.
  • Options
    What's the fun in average being with average. When somebody's punching above their weight, now that's interesting.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Lewis Grabben out of contract in June. Maybe 34 but would love him up front.

Lewis Grabban is 34 !

I knew Lewis before he was shaving and a Scholar at Palace when he would occasionally bring his kid brother to matches for my team on a Sunday. His Legs are going now and he doesn't complain about being on the bench. 4 years ago great but time moves on for all of us.
    I thought  that and then I watched Jerome Cameron who at that age moved from MK Dons to Luton and has had a good season.  I watched the playoffs a d his movement and a titration plus his vision an passing are something we lack. Old doesn't  mean no good. Remember Cliff Holton who at 36 joined Charlton  in February 1966 and transformed the side from one that could not buy a goal to one that in his first game we t 3-0 up at Ipswich  in 14 minutes and went on to win 4-1. 
    We finished mid table having been dead and buried in February really.
    Jerome Cameron eh?
    Don't  be a p***k. I was too busy trying to type quickly  to notice my error.  However  your remark clearly shows that you know who was meant despite by carelessness in not checking before posting.

The point is the age and ability of the players. Old doesn't mean past it. We put up with Aneke who is 28 and rarely available but that is fine because  he is only 28 .
    How has Jerome done?
    Done what ?
    Not so good since he broke up with Robson.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Lewis Grabben out of contract in June. Maybe 34 but would love him up front.

Lewis Grabban is 34 !

I knew Lewis before he was shaving and a Scholar at Palace when he would occasionally bring his kid brother to matches for my team on a Sunday. His Legs are going now and he doesn't complain about being on the bench. 4 years ago great but time moves on for all of us.
    I thought  that and then I watched Jerome Cameron who at that age moved from MK Dons to Luton and has had a good season.  I watched the playoffs a d his movement and a titration plus his vision an passing are something we lack. Old doesn't  mean no good. Remember Cliff Holton who at 36 joined Charlton  in February 1966 and transformed the side from one that could not buy a goal to one that in his first game we t 3-0 up at Ipswich  in 14 minutes and went on to win 4-1. 
    We finished mid table having been dead and buried in February really.
    Jerome Cameron eh?
    Don't  be a p***k. I was too busy trying to type quickly  to notice my error.  However  your remark clearly shows that you know who was meant despite by carelessness in not checking before posting.

The point is the age and ability of the players. Old doesn't mean past it. We put up with Aneke who is 28 and rarely available but that is fine because  he is only 28 .
    How has Jerome done?
    Done what ?
    Well you are banging about Jerome's ability but he is a striker who has scored 3 league goals this season. Aneke would probably have scored the same, maybe more had he stayed at Brum. Last time in League 1, Jerome scored 13, Aneke got 15 last season. So why Jerome over Aneke?
  • Options
    Tyreeq Bakinson being allowed to leave bristol city. Will probably go to Ipswich as he was there on loan but if not I think he’d be a great signing 
  • Options
    Johnny Williams might be available now Swindon haven't gone up....... 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Thought you said he was going to Wembley!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Williams spent so much time rolling around on the pitch in the 1st leg it was embarrassing (just like at CAFC).
    The commentator remarked about his lack of time on his feet.
    I didn't notice him much in the 2nd leg, although I was concentrating on Villa v Burnley.
    He's not even impressive in L2.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Williams spent so much time rolling around on the pitch in the 1st leg it was embarrassing (just like at CAFC).
    The commentator remarked about his lack of time on his feet.
    I didn't notice him much in the 2nd leg, although I was concentrating on Villa v Burnley.
    He's not even impressive in L2.
    It's hard to mug Kalvin Philips off in league 2 😜 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Josh Davison as well who I thought was poor tonight.  He seemed to thumb or push a Vale defender in the head and merely got lectured. He rolled around in agony every time he was tackled which was often because of a poor first touch. He looked generally clumsy to be honest and his penalty was woeful. 
    So glad we've got him as back up next season then....😆
  • Options
    Marcus Maddison making a come backnto the pro game.....
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Trying to or there’s a club willing to sign him?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Trying to or there’s a club willing to sign him?
    Talk of a very big, but not massive, league 1 club offering him a preseason trial.
  • Options
    Sunderland rumoured. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Josh Davison as well who I thought was poor tonight.  He seemed to thumb or push a Vale defender in the head and merely got lectured. He rolled around in agony every time he was tackled which was often because of a poor first touch. He looked generally clumsy to be honest and his penalty was woeful. 
    Think our plan to extend his contract so we can get a fee for him might have took a knock last night .. but Swindon might still want him in league two 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Think our plan to extend his contract so we can get a fee for him might have took a knock last night .. but Swindon might still want him in league two 
    Most Swindon fans don't seem to want him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    "Most" 

Where are you seeing this "most"?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    "Most" 

Where are you seeing this "most"
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    I'd take Jonny back tomorrow along with Payne. Had a fantastic season for them and his contracts up. 
    Our high press is sounding stronger and stronger...
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    "Most" 

Accept that it's not the best research method but just on Twitter ;)

Also accept that after missing a penalty the comments may not be objective.

@eaststandmike looks like Dazzler did get answer after all...
  • Options
    Well tbh I felt embarrassed for Josh last few games he was playing for us. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    "Most" 

Accept that it's not the best research method but just on Twitter ;)

Also accept that after missing a penalty the comments may not be objective.

@eaststandmike looks like Dazzler did get answer after all...
    Swindon: Ungrateful cu
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    I'd take Jonny back tomorrow along with Payne. Had a fantastic season for them and his contracts up. 
    Even I don't want him back, well not really.