Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Oh Ronnie Moore.

19 of us gave you 'likes' yesterday as you made sense and as a going away present so you could finish on a high but you took it as an encouragement to revert to type.

Diversity of opinions should be welcome on CL but you deliver too much fake news or  you're late to deliver old news.

Have a nice day.
  • Options
    Stockport reported to be interested in Cheltenham centre half, Will Boyle. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Stockport reported to be interested in Cheltenham centre half, Will Boyle. 
    Wednesday and Rotherham were favourites.  Although Stockport do pay well. 

He is definitely favouring a move near the North part of West Yorkshire and Stockport is only about an hour away.  
  • Options
    I've heard we're after Zach Robinson a youngster from AFC Wimbledon.
  • Options
    He’s out of contract but been offered a new one by Wimbledon so we would have to pay compensation
  • Options

Will their manager play ball with cafc ?
    I have a feeling he's turned down their contract so we'd have to pay compensation, I've never heard of him personally but this is from a Wimbledon fan i know.
  • Options

I have a feeling he's turned down their contract so we'd have to pay compensation, I've never heard of him personally but this is from a Wimbledon fan i know.
    Was playing in the national league south last season although was recalled and played a handful of games for the Dons 1st team.  

We don't have any strikers in the 19-21 age range do we?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:

Was playing in the national league south last season although was recalled and played a handful of games for the Dons 1st team.  

I don't think we do have any 19-21 strikers since the lads who have just been released.

1 in 11 for Wimbledon and 3 goals in ten for Hampton and Richmond in National League South and Zach will be 20 in June.
    Some players do only start to blossom at 19 like Joe Aribo did when he came from Staines.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They said today they’ve offered him a new deal.

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2022/may/retained-list-announced/

Hope we go for Nesta Guinness-Walker for his name. He’s a great grandson of Alec Guiness, and an anagram of Alec Guinness is genuine class. Exactly what we need to be next season.

• Options
    Scoham said:

Hope we go for Nesta Guinness-Walker for his name. He’s a great grandson of Alec Guiness, and an anagram of Alec Guinness is genuine class. Exactly what we need to be next season.

You think the force is strong in that one?
  • Options
    I see in that AFC link the grey hairs showing on Jacko after just 6 months in management.
  • Options
    I wonder if dale stephens wants a move north again and come back…..
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Thats not the player we're looking for...
    Except he's not an anagram of Alec Guinness.....
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Scoham said:

Thats not the player we're looking for...
    Except he's not an anagram of Alec Guinness.....
    Great Grandson though...
  • Options
    I wonder if dale stephens wants a move north again and come back…..

No I believe Dale will head SOUTH to Sunderland now their in the Championship as Burnley need to get rid of the premier wages and start again.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I don't think we do have any 19-21 strikers since the lads who have just been released.

1 in 11 for Wimbledon and 3 goals in ten for Hampton and Richmond in National League South and Zach will be 20 in June.
    Some players do only start to blossom at 19 like Joe Aribo did when he came from Staines.
    I understand why but I think not having a group of 19-21s cost us last season, its so important with the squad cap. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Interesting NabySarr because I was just going to ask this question about the following if there was any one we would look at ?

Fabri, Michael Hector, Timmy Abraham, Jacob Adams, Eric Ameyaw, Xavier Benjamin, Tyler Caton, Jerome Opoku, Jonathon Page, Julian Schwarzer and Jaylan Wildbore who have all been released by Fulham.

A 23 year old left footed CB who has been on loan in Denmark in Jerome Opoku !
    Must be fate.

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Wasn't Timmy Abraham with our academy and left for Fulham? 
    Correct.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    MarcusH26 said:
    Wasn't Timmy Abraham with our academy and left for Fulham? 

Timmy is the 21 year old brother of Tammy Abraham and was in the Cafc academy.
    Has never scored a League goal any where yet in 20 odd games at Raith or other lower English teams so may need to drop down to National League.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    NabySarr said:
    We should go forJerome Opoku, just been released by Fulham. 23 yr old Left footed centre back (which we massively need) and can play left back also. Been on loan in Denmark this year and has 55 games in league one for Plymouth/Accrington the 2 years before that
    Not just on loan in Denmark, but at Allan Simonsen's old club Vejle.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    NabySarr said:
    We should go forJerome Opoku, just been released by Fulham. 23 yr old Left footed centre back (which we massively need) and can play left back also. Been on loan in Denmark this year and has 55 games in league one for Plymouth/Accrington the 2 years before that
    Not a bad idea at all.

According to a quick search of Twitter, his loan at Plymouth started well but went downhill very quickly towards the end of that season. Coincided with that 0-6 win at their place where most of their team had given up.

Not sure if he was playing that day but the Plymouth fans were pleased to see the back of him. You’d hope that a year plying abroad had helped him mature and grow as a player.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Good on the ball and can pick a pass. Plays like Famewo without the hoof ball? 

• Options
    Interesting NabySarr because I was just going to ask this question about the following if there was any one we would look at ?

Fabri, Michael Hector, Timmy Abraham, Jacob Adams, Eric Ameyaw, Xavier Benjamin, Tyler Caton, Jerome Opoku, Jonathon Page, Julian Schwarzer and Jaylan Wildbore who have all been released by Fulham.

Must be fate.

Michael Hector is a very decent centre back.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:

Must be fate.

Agreed I did wonder about him last summet as he followed Adkins around a bit. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Jac_52 said:

Must be fate.

Agreed I did wonder about him last summet as he followed Adkins around a bit. 
    Way too good for us and would have been on a ridiculous wage at Fulham.