Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Options
    NabySarr said:
    We should go forJerome Opoku, just been released by Fulham. 23 yr old Left footed centre back (which we massively need) and can play left back also. Been on loan in Denmark this year and has 55 games in league one for Plymouth/Accrington the 2 years before that
    Not a bad idea at all.

According to a quick search of Twitter, his loan at Plymouth started well but went downhill very quickly towards the end of that season. Coincided with that 0-6 win at their place where most of their team had given up.

Not sure if he was playing that day but the Plymouth fans were pleased to see the back of him. You’d hope that a year plying abroad had helped him mature and grow as a player.
    Yeah I'm not sure he did that well in league 1 before and hasn't played much in Denmark this season. But we will need to sign 2 left sided centre backs this summer so he would at least be a good second choice and still at an age where he can improve a lot. From the video he looks like he would have been perfect for Jacksons 3 at the back 
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Interesting NabySarr because I was just going to ask this question about the following if there was any one we would look at ?

Fabri, Michael Hector, Timmy Abraham, Jacob Adams, Eric Ameyaw, Xavier Benjamin, Tyler Caton, Jerome Opoku, Jonathon Page, Julian Schwarzer and Jaylan Wildbore who have all been released by Fulham.

A 23 year old left footed CB who has been on loan in Denmark in Jerome Opoku !
    Must be fate.

Michael Hector is a very decent centre back.
    He would be a brilliant signing but probably good enough to get a move to the championship I think
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Jac_52 said:
    Interesting NabySarr because I was just going to ask this question about the following if there was any one we would look at ?

Fabri, Michael Hector, Timmy Abraham, Jacob Adams, Eric Ameyaw, Xavier Benjamin, Tyler Caton, Jerome Opoku, Jonathon Page, Julian Schwarzer and Jaylan Wildbore who have all been released by Fulham.

A 23 year old left footed CB who has been on loan in Denmark in Jerome Opoku !
    Must be fate.

Michael Hector is a very decent centre back.
    Agreed I did wonder about him last summet as he followed Adkins around a bit. 
    Way too good for us and would have been on a ridiculous wage at Fulham.
    A very odd signing by Chelsea, though I assume the loan fees covered his wages
  • Options
    I've heard we're after Zach Robinson a youngster from AFC Wimbledon.
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sources-derby-reading-and-charlton-set-sights-on-afc-wimbledon-ace/
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sources-derby-reading-and-charlton-set-sights-on-afc-wimbledon-ace/
    Ah I wonder if that's where my mate got it from, because he doesn't normally know much 🤔
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Ah I wonder if that's where my mate got it from, because he doesn't normally know much 🤔
    Scored his only league goal against us last season, surprise surprise! 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Ipswich focused video but worth a look since we’ll be fishing in similar ponds you’d think…

To save you the watch:

1. Conor Grant - Plymouth
    2. Alvaro Fernandez - Man U
    3. George Nurse - Shrewsbury
    4. Alfie Doughty - Stoke
    5. Callum O’Dowda - Bristol City

https://youtu.be/hRCrPDpigf8
  • Options
    Ipswich focused video but worth a look since we’ll be fishing in similar ponds you’d think…

To save you the watch:

4. Alfie Doughty - Stoke

I think they’ll be fishing in very different waters to us.
    their billionaire owners will have them in the top 2 this year.
  • Options
    Yeah i think we'll be fishing in the waters after they've already done theirs and gone home.
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:

To save you the watch:

4. Alfie Doughty - Stoke

Wasn't there a separate thread on ipswich being champions last season. How did that pan out?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CafcSCP said:

To save you the watch:

4. Alfie Doughty - Stoke

Wasn't there a separate thread on ipswich being champions last season. How did that pan out?
    The same way as us finishing in the top half and printing money from the bookies did.... .. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I think we are more likely to be buying a player Ipswich bought last year and no longer want.

I think they will be top two with the squad they have now and will be buying players for the Championship.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    I think we are more likely to be buying a player Ipswich bought last year and no longer want.

I think they will be top two with the squad they have now and will be buying players for the Championship.
    Generally agree although they don't score enough (despite their 4-0 against us) so will be after a couple of strikers having got rid of Bonne and likely moving on Piggot plus others.  Maybe a creative midfielder or two as well.  I suspect they will pay well for the right ones and that will be the majority of their business done. 

They barely concede as their defence is already stronger than L1.
  • Options
    funny that a percentage of our fan base now are saying they wish we had Roland back and the players he signed .. and you forget that Peter Varney was firmly behind Paul Elliott and offered his help … it not taking the opposite view because because they is no opposite view when everyone wants diff things .. sure you just once have had a diff view to someone .. so was you winding them up them 

called a forum …. Diff views and debate keeps forums like this going if everyone agreed with everything it would be a very short forum and boring 

I suppose one fan is a percentage of our fan base.
  • Options
    Yeah i think we'll be fishing in the waters after they've already done theirs and gone home.
    I reckon we have applied for a fishing licence by 2nd class post whilst everone else knows it takes 5 minutes on a smartphone...

Just keeping the fishing analogies going.
  • Options
    Eaves as back up to Stockley isn't bad, is 30 though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Eaves as back up to Stockley isn't bad, is 30 though. 
    Prefer Piggott who is out of favour at Ipswich.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I'm looking forward to the striker that replaces Conor Washington; young(23ish)    fast and strong and probably about 5ft 10 who can play off Stockley or Aneke and have a better strike rate than Conor. Also have a similar work rate to the Northern Ireland striker.

Go get your man Steve Gallen, and good luck because you will need it as this guy needs to be the first choice not the fifth choice on the list of five.
    That's assuming we are going to play 2 up front again. Obviously it depends on the manager but at the moment it looks like we aren't. Given that a) Sandgaard has spent money on wingers and nobody plays 442; and b) We have let Washington go
  • Options
    Curley Woodrow is available from Barnsley and Joe Pigott set to leave Ipswich 
  • Options
    I saw this morning that Woodrow has been linked with Ipswich. I doubt we'll be able to get him, I'd imagine he'll have Championship interest. 

I like Pigott but with Stockley I don't think he's what we need. 
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to the striker that replaces Conor Washington; young(23ish)    fast and strong and probably about 5ft 10 who can play off Stockley or Aneke and have a better strike rate than Conor. Also have a similar work rate to the Northern Ireland striker.

Go get your man Steve Gallen, and good luck because you will need it as this guy needs to be the first choice not the fifth choice on the list of five.
    Have heard that Washington is wanted by Rotherham
  • Options
    So was all the stuff about Marquis signing a load of old Bull?
  • Options
    Curley Woodrow is available from Barnsley and Joe Pigott set to leave Ipswich 
    How much would Barnsley want for him though? Pretty sure if they sell then there would be championship interest for him.

If Woodrow did want to play in league one then he'd go to somewhere like Ipswich who'd probably be prepared to pay him 10k a week.