Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Exeter City | Tuesday 11th October 2022

Comments

• Options
    Pedro45 said:
    I still think all our problems stem from the back. EOC isn't good enough and Innis has issues alongside him. Fraser had a good game and the full backs are making a big difference. JRS is a show pony and fits right in alongside donkey Stockley. Welcome back Chuks! Onwards to a big test next week...
    Nobody questioning the defence in the studio 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Massive win, as we desperately needed the confidence boost as I'm sure morale was within the side was awful.

We looked much more of a threat, though also quite vulnerable through the middle, and had the rub of the green tonight. 

Great to see Aneke back, frustrating that as soon as we gain a striker, we then lose Leaburn.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    I still think all our problems stem from the back. EOC isn't good enough and Innis has issues alongside him. Fraser had a good game and the full backs are making a big difference. JRS is a show pony and fits right in alongside donkey Stockley. Welcome back Chuks! Onwards to a big test next week...
    Our centre-backs were excellent? 
  • Options
    Can I post this now, forgot when he scored!

• Options
    4 points off of play/offs!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Pedro45 said:
    Our centre-backs were excellent? 
    Three games in a row now where we've not conceded from inside the penalty area (penalty tonight aside). The centre backs have been doing their job recently.
  • Options
    4 points off of play/offs!
    5 off R
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like we might be playing Portsmouth at a good time as well, after they are starting to stagger after their customary fast start to the season.

Going to be a very tough test, but manage to get a win against them, then Shrewsbury and MK Dons we can go into the Ipswich game full of confidence. 

Don’t do that, this win just papers over the cracks. 
  • Options
    Any more teams from Devon we can play?
    Plymouth & Exeter away from home. 
  • Options
    "Chuks could have won us another 6 to 8 points"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Garner: "Leaburn rolled his ankle, we don't know how bad it is yet, hopefully nothing too bad, he's improving with every game"
  • Options
    Much needed win and a bit of luck finally went our way with the goals. Exeter for all their nice build up were poor in the final third. Hopefully we can kick on from here - tough game next week on the box.
  • Options
    Garner: "we want momentum against Portsmouth, big game in front of the TV cameras, good opportunity to follow-up tonight's performance, our home form is good and we are wanting another win"
  • Options
    Needed the win tonight, very happy we got it and Chuks is back! 
  • Options
    Exeter were miles better than us. Delighted to get the 3 points though 
    Guessing that's sarcasm?