Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    IS the deadline 10pm or 11pm?

23:00 EFL
    Is that am or pm?
    Is there extra time?
    Yes, via deal sheets ;-)
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Is that am or pm?
    Is there extra time?
    Yes, via deal sheets ;-)
    Not in the EFL there isn't 😀 
  • Options
    Holden has had nothing to do with these sales, no manager in his right mind would let seven players and replaced with four two of which are left backs 
    Sorry who's the two left backs ?
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Other than O’Connell, I think this has been my favourite deadline day for years! 😂 Got rid of so much crap!
    Not got rid..just lent it out 
  • Options
    Tony Khan presser coming up on SSN, if Mitrovic is sat next to him eating muffins...
  • Options
    Brave to finish the season with Ness, Inniss and Hector as our 3 CB's. One suspension/injury and we're proper fucked.
    Thomas and Lavelle are still here as disappointing back up.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Holden has had nothing to do with these sales, no manager in his right mind would let seven players and replaced with four two of which are left backs 
    Kane and Penny 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our new formation 
    Is it on the OS that we sighed ‘Sports Studio’ ??
    Yeah, free agent, hasn’t played for two years.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Is that am or pm?
    Is there extra time?
    Yes, via deal sheets ;-)
    Not in the EFL there isn't 😀 
    You're assuming we're not selling Leaburn, Ness and AMB to Prem clubs? :)
  • Options
    Are we under some kind of transfer embargo, as the players in are free agents  or loans. 
    Its been confirmed a dozen times, we have no money, TS does not want to spend, the mob looking to buy us will not spend as they do not own us so the pot is empty.

This window was all about, freebies, loans and cost cutting. 
  • Options
    Bournesnr said:
    Got to feel sorry for DH in all this, doubt he’s had much input or he surely wouldn’t have left himself so thin at the back.
    Just my opinion, but he came in not as a successful applicant to a vacancy, but as part of a team brought in with clear short term objectives. He is a good orator who knows what to say to fans, but he’ll be fully onboard with all of this. 
    Spot on. Think DH got a lot of slack due to how he’s handled fans. Think had we lost to Peterborough too more people would be looking downward and not seeing DH in such a rosy light. Like you I think he’s very much part of the ‘team’.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Kane and Penny 
    Kane is a right back who has been used on occasions on the left but he's defo right sided either midfield or full back
  • Options
    Sorry lads been away for 15 minutes as just been getting ready for bed.

We sold anyone else to Burton in that time?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bailey said:
    Kane and Penny 
    Kane's a right back
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Kane and Penny 
    Kane is a right back who has been used on occasions on the left but he's defo right sided either midfield or full back
    And there was me thinking he was playing at left back when he get injured after 45 minutes…oh that’s right he got moved there because the other left back was injured in the warm up. 
  • Options
    Holden said when he joined that the squad was too big and imbalanced. I think, assuming we get Edwards, we’re a cb light but other than that we look more balanced. 

It’s all slightly irrelevant as we’re not going up and we’re not going down. So signing anyone for longer than the rest of this season when the ownership is so uncertain seems pointless. 

And anyone telling me that it was worth keeping any of the players we’ve got rid of bar O’Connell isn’t being honest with themselves.
  • Options
    Sorry lads been away for 15 minutes as just been getting ready for bed.

We sold anyone else to Burton in that time?
    Golfie's gone on loan, option to buy...
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Kane and Penny 
    Kane's a right back
    And injured after playing just 30 mins on his debut. Out for 2 months. 

Hector has been brought in as a like-for-like replacement :)

• Options
    Are we Burton’s Swindon?
  • Options
    Of course he did, he took the job knowing full well what the plan is. 
  • Options
    You know Charlton have fallen down the pecking order when players leave for a non-League club, out of choice. 
  • Options
    Holden said and I quote "no player leaves without his sayso" at Bromley Addicks

So unless he looked us all in the eyes and lied(in which case I would lose all respect for him as he doesn't seem that type) I believe he has been happy to let them go

Maybe he feel Clare can cover at CB or Mitchell is adequate cover.